Dan DePalma

Smashmouth

Im not usually a big fan of highlight videos because they just show the best of what a player has done and its hard to judge consistency and toughness but damn this kid has a best time of 4.38 and he is tough as nails. Watching the video he is fearless over the middle and it explains why he has that impressive burst on KR's . I think this kid is going to be a huge addition to this team no way Westy lest this kid get away, no way. Cant wait till next weeks game.

Like every other slot receiver ? Im hoping this kid gets a lot of looks in the slot.

The tougher the better Mick

I was impressed with him Monday night, first time I seen him on the field I asked who the **** is that and got the same answer from everyone. No ******* idea. He might make special teams but it's going to be tough cause there are so many WRs on the team at the moment.

I was impressed with him Monday night, first time I seen him on the field I asked who the **** is that and got the same answer from everyone. No ******* idea. He might make special teams but it's going to be tough cause there are so many WRs on the team at the moment.

Oh hey I agree but theres only a few Slot guys and one of them will probably be gone in a year or two. It will come down to him and Kerley once Mason retires and so far this kid has shown me more than Kerley. Trust me I dont usually get this excited this early about a player but this guy just seems to have it, time will tell. You know he will probably be coming up in alot of Rex's pressers this week lets see what Mr Green Glasses has to say :)

out of all the scrub WR, i could see Westoff standing up for Depalma

to be clear that means after Holmes, Plex, mason and Kerley which are locks, Turner is probably going to make it as a Plex body double (but doesn't help on ST)

Depalma is more valuable than: S McKnight, L Payne, M Campbell, Courtney Smith (im not sure why they didn't play him in game 1).

Watch the video, he looks more like a possession receiver.

Exactly why I would love to see him in the Slot. In the video the guy was surrounded by defenders all over the field and they still could not stop him.

Slats the 2 guys you mention are exactly why this team makes some bad personell decisions. I can see giving mcKnight more time but Vlad is a joke and to be honest Im sick of these bullsh*t projects this team takes on wasting good draft picks. We got a taste of Depalma lets see what happens the rest of camp.

Exactly why I would love to see him in the Slot. In the video the guy was surrounded by defenders all over the field and they still could not stop him.

Slats the 2 guys you mention are exactly why this team makes some bad personell decisions. I can see giving mcKnight more time but Vlad is a joke and to be honest Im sick of these bullsh*t projects this team takes on wasting good draft picks. We got a taste of Depalma lets see what happens the rest of camp.

I'm not saying there haven't been some bad picks, because there have been (although that literally applies to EVERY team in the NFL), but what other picks since Tanny took over would you define as "bullsh*t projects this team takes on wasting good draft picks"? The closest thing I could possibly think of as a project after Vlad would be Brad Smith, and while he sucked as a WR you can hardly say that pick didn't work out well for the Jets. I'm just honestly curious what picks you're referring to.

Wouldn't a 4.3 guy playing against that level of competition have been more open? That's why I am saying that he doesn't play to that speed.

I'm not saying there haven't been some bad picks, because there have been (although that literally applies to EVERY team in the NFL), but what other picks since Tanny took over would you define as "bullsh*t projects this team takes on wasting good draft picks"? The closest thing I could possibly think of as a project after Vlad would be Brad Smith, and while he sucked as a WR you can hardly say that pick didn't work out well for the Jets. I'm just honestly curious what picks you're referring to.

Well in a sense I was refering to VG because we tried to turn him into a OLB but thats probably not a good example and It could be argued by some that he was projected to be a great player. So thats really from my persepctive.

We have seen some players do well here like Woodhead and Washington yet they get shown the door because a player who his not produced was a higher pick so they get to hang around while. We have a tall WR like Patrick Turner for example who is a huge target, we had issues in the red zone last year. Why not put the kid in, in goaline situations ? looks like he made a nice catch in the endzone with a guy on his back which shows he might have been able to help. These are the things that drive me nuts and I once again point at Shotty since this team NEVER tries to work in the young WR's on offense yet I see other teams doing it constantly. To me thats a major problem.

out of all the scrub WR, i could see Westoff standing up for Depalma

to be clear that means after Holmes, Plex, mason and Kerley which are locks, Turner is probably going to make it as a Plex body double (but doesn't help on ST)

Depalma is more valuable than: S McKnight, L Payne, M Campbell, Courtney Smith (im not sure why they didn't play him in game 1).

The only one I'd disagree on here would be Payne. He played really well as the gunner on special teams, and got behind coverage a cpl times as WR. I'd like to see both on team as special teamers.

The same types that were defending Colston and Chrebet at Hofstra ?

Actually, I think that Hofstra was IAA, while West Chester is Division II. I like the kid. He looked good. OTOH, saying "Westhoff won't let him slip away" is a pretty big jump. I didn't see him do anything as a WR Monday night. There are several players ahead of himi on the depth chart: Holmes, Burress, Mason, Turner, Kerley are obvious. He is competing with McKnight, Campbell, Courtney Smith and a few others, plus guys like McKnight as a special teamer. There also is the factor that several receiving TEs are on roster. Josh Baker and Cumberland both looked VERY good. If they keep both of them they will likely keep one less WR and Bilal Powell also will have a roster spot.

The kid looked good. He deserves to get the next shot. That means he will run some returns earlier against better competition and some more run at WR. It doesn't mean he gets a roster spot for a couple of good returns against sh*tty competition.

Actually, I think that Hofstra was IAA, while West Chester is Division II. I like the kid. He looked good. OTOH, saying "Westhoff won't let him slip away" is a pretty big jump. I didn't see him do anything as a WR Monday night. There are several players ahead of himi on the depth chart: Holmes, Burress, Mason, Turner, Kerley are obvious. He is competing with McKnight, Campbell, Courtney Smith and a few others, plus guys like McKnight as a special teamer. There also is the factor that several receiving TEs are on roster. Josh Baker and Cumberland both looked VERY good. If they keep both of them they will likely keep one less WR and Bilal Powell also will have a roster spot.

The kid looked good. He deserves to get the next shot. That means he will run some returns earlier against better competition and some more run at WR. It doesn't mean he gets a roster spot for a couple of good returns against sh*tty competition.

Well to be honest he just seems like a Westhoff kind of guy he runs hard and I think he will run hard and fast vs the good competition as well. Keep in mind all those guys out there hit really hard and most of the guys he was returning aganist are looking to get an actual job on an NFL team since it might be their only chance, they are playing their asses off probably harder than those who have spots locked up. They want to take your head off if possible. I really would love some of the people in the pressers ask about him so we get a good idea what hes doing in camp and what Rex thinks of him. BG already said when he was at camp he took notice and didnt even know who the kid was that says alot IMO I have to admit I didnt know who the hell he was either until I say him Monday night. Good job by the scouts finding this guy. I do agree wuith you it will be a tough road. On monday night he got behind the DB's on the one pass that went his way and dove for the ball out of his reach he was stretched out for it. All I remember was that one pass to him.

Well to be honest he just seems like a Westhoff kind of guy he runs hard and I think he will run hard and fast vs the good competition as well. Keep in mind all those guys out there hit really hard and most of the guys he was returning aganist are looking to get an actual job on an NFL team since it might be their only chance, they are playing their asses off probably harder than those who have spots locked up. They want to take your head off if possible. I really would love some of the people in the pressers ask about him so we get a good idea what hes doing in camp and what Rex thinks of him. BG already said when he was at camp he took notice and didnt even know who the kid was that says alot IMO I have to admit I didnt know who the hell he was either until I say him Monday night. Good job by the scouts finding this guy. I do agree wuith you it will be a tough road. On monday night he got behind the DB's on the one pass that went his way and dove for the ball out of his reach he was stretched out for it. All I remember was that one pass to him.

No doubt he had a plus night. He'll have to build on it though. Somebody mentioned Paul Raymond. He looked very good in camp and preseason. Spent a year on the practice squad, came back and laid an egg. Depalma looked great so far and has earned a further look. Campbell had a minus day and Courtney Smith DNP for an unknown reason (dinged, not ready, sucked, etc)

Archived