Cowboys Released G Leonard Davis

TNJet

I say bring in every single available offensive lineman for a look. Monday night was terrifying.

Agreed, after what I seen Monday night. There's no way we're going to be able to win with the Oline that's currently in place. Injuries are going to happen during the season so they need to get some depth.

Agreed, after what I seen Monday night. There's no way we're going to be able to win with the Oline that's currently in place. Injuries are going to happen during the season so they need to get some depth.

Dookie a$$ is capable of wiping out our whole offense.

Davis has been dropping off a lot the past year or so and he's a penalty machine. Detroit's supposedly pushing hard for him.

This.

A lot of teams are going to be looking for OL help, and some of them will be offering starting jobs. Not sure I want Davis, but I am sure he'll sign somewhere else for more money than the Jets want to pay a backup.

I say bring in every single available offensive lineman for a look. Monday night was terrifying.

agreed, we've got to find some depth, I've got a bad feeling a lot of players are going to get injured. Not just on our team, but with the lock out a lot of players didn't get in shape for the season.

agreed, we've got to find some depth, I've got a bad feeling a lot of players are going to get injured. Not just on our team, but with the lock out a lot of players didn't get in shape for the season.

Right? We're already seeing it. There's a good chance this is going to be the year of injuries unfortunately. This season, probably more than most others, it's going to be about depth

We NEED depth. Would love a guy like Davis on the interior of this Oline.

Scouts Inc take on Davis: Davis has been one of the more durable linemen in the league since 2001. He has a massive body with excellent strength and solid athleticism. He has powerful hands to jolt defenders and get movement off the line of scrimmage. He does a great job to lock on and smother defenders as both a run and pass blocker. He has good initial quickness for his size and can gain leverage early in the play. Davis is a huge physical lineman who has the tools to move out to right tackle in a pinch, but he should continue to be one of the more productive guards in the league if he stays healthy.

We NEED depth. Would love a guy like Davis on the interior of this Oline.

Scouts Inc take on Davis: Davis has been one of the more durable linemen in the league since 2001. He has a massive body with excellent strength and solid athleticism. He has powerful hands to jolt defenders and get movement off the line of scrimmage. He does a great job to lock on and smother defenders as both a run and pass blocker. He has good initial quickness for his size and can gain leverage early in the play. Davis is a huge physical lineman who has the tools to move out to right tackle in a pinch, but he should continue to be one of the more productive guards in the league if he stays healthy.

He's really not this player anymore. Hasn't been since '09. On top of that this scouting report is based on mostly his play at RG, which is obviously occupied at the moment. The problem comes in the combined facts that he's not very good at either tackle position and he's going to be looking for one last payday considering how highly paid guards are in today's game. It's too high of a cost just to solidify depth behind positions where our starters are fairly strong. I'd also assume that he'd only be signing with a team who plans on actually starting him and not listing him as a backup.

Uh... what kind of shape do you have to be in to not have your leg break when a 240+ pound guy falls on it?

Uh... what kind of shape do you have to be in to not have your leg break when a 240+ pound guy falls on it?

Square would do it I think. :D What's interesting is Wayne Hunter and Bart scott also got rolled on as well that game.Maybe their tensdons aren't as elastic as they would be if they were being trained under NFL type of conditioning. I don't know. But as of week one, we have an injured or banged up Mangold, Moore, Hunter, and Turner on our o line. Couple that with the fact that Ducasse just looked laughable and we need help no matter what the reason. Maybe it's just coincidence. It doesn't change the ultimate point which is that we're in trouble right now if we don't address this.

Archived