Preseason Week 2

Jetsfan80

Week 2 gets started tonight with a pair of games. New England heads to Tampa for a 7:30 game with the Bucs, while the Steelers host the Eagles at 8 PM.

My guess is Ryan Mallet has a coming-back-to-earth performance tonight, and the Steelers will begin to realize just how much they need Emmanuel Sanders healthy.

It has been a little over a quarter, Brady is still in, playing relatively well. The offensive line stoned Tampa for the entire first quarter while the Tampa OL was letting regular jailbreaks by the Pats defense. Poor Tampa OL play more than the Pats DL being particularly awesome.

The second quarter the Tampa DL and LBs finally woke up and started getting pressure, flustering Brady and forcing a punt.

21-0 Patriots so far, but that should be taken with a grain of salt given the lack of game planning, etc.

From what I seen of the Patriots during the 1st half, and especially the 1st quarter... I was very impressed. 28-0, preseason game or not... they've completely dominated a good Bucs team. The Jets and the Patriots... The AFC East is in for an up coming war this season. The Steelers are looking sharp right now, Cotchery with a deep gain. Damnit man, he'll improve the Steelers entire offense before it's over and done with.

Wow, Vick looks freakin' AWFUL. Granted I know it's only preseason and the Steelers have a pretty good D, but for all the felating this guy got after 1/2 a season of finally throwing the ball like an NFL QB, he's looking like the same guy who couldn't hit the side of a truck back in Atlanta.

What happened to Cotchery being "Physically unable to perform"? I'll admit, I fell for it. I believed our front office. But we were wrong on this one. Cotchery looks like he's in mid-season form and he's beating tonight. Just found his way into the end zone.

Damn, I'm hopeful for Kerley coming out of the slot behind Mason on the depth chart... I'm thankful for Mason, but as of right now, I feel we dropped the ball on this one. It just hurts watching this man make plays for the hated Steelers.

What happened to Cotchery being "Physically unable to perform"? I'll admit, I fell for it. I believed our front office. But we were wrong on this one. Cotchery looks like he's in mid-season form and he's beating tonight. Just found his way into the end zone.

Damn, I'm hopeful for Kerley coming out of the slot behind Mason on the depth chart... I'm thankful for Mason, but as of right now, I feel we dropped the ball on this one. It just hurts watching this man make plays for the hated Steelers.

+1 this is painful i cant stand the steelers

Fell for what? The FO said they would have kept Cotchery and not signed Mason if Cotch didn't ask to get dumped. It was board chatter that he'd remain on the PUP. He still is coming off back surgery and he had zero separation. He made a good catch, he has good hands. It's not a surprise.

Fell for what? The FO said they would have kept Cotchery and not signed Mason if Cotch didn't ask to get dumped. It was board chatter that he'd remain on the PUP. He still is coming off back surgery and he had zero separation. He made a good catch, he has good hands. It's not a surprise.

+1

Cotchery is no longer a Jet because he no longer wanted to be a Jet.

That simple.

Move on.

Thank you. Very well said.

Archived