Eagles Steelers in game

Lupz27

Wow the Eagles look turrible and the Steelers look great. I don't think the Eagles will be this bad when the season starts it might take them a couple of games to get all those guys to gel but they should be fine.

If the Jets looked as bad as the Eagles looked with there FIRST team O and D it would be the biggest story ever how the Jets suck all talk blah blah blah, now let's watch the media make excuses for the Eagles and say there not worried there still SB favorites.

Unable to perform my a$$. I can't harp all over our front office, not when we've had one of the best around under Tanny, but we dropped the ball with Cotchery. Thank god we signed Mason.

If by dropped the ball you mean released a disgruntled employee at his request thenbyea they dropped the ball. Cotch had no intrest in being a Jet any longer it's not the front offices fault.

Preseason. This pretty much puts him on par with David Clowney last year. :rolleyes:

Guys, it sucks, but you gotta get over it... players come and go. Don't buy the jersey's until they retires, not sure what to tell you...

It isnt about the jersey. Its about the player.

How much Vick blows so far this preseason is a lot more newsworthy than how well the Steelers #4 WR is performing with backups.

They have a pretty damn good 4th receiver. I would take a healthy Cotchery over Antonio Brown or Emmanuel Sanders any day of the week. After Hines Ward and Mike Wallace he would be my slot guy.

Either way, the Steelers have top notch receiving core with Ward, Wallace, Cotchery, Brown, Sanders, and Health Miller at TE

If by dropped the ball you mean released a disgruntled employee at his request thenbyea they dropped the ball. Cotch had no intrest in being a Jet any longer it's not the front offices fault.

Untrue. He didn't want to be an after thought any more. We were bringing in guys that haven't played in 2 1/2 years or are 37 years old and making them higher than him on the depth chart. he never did anything accept play his a$$ off for us and the last three seasons we brought guys in to be ahead of him. he was tired of it understandably. Last year he made that critical first down catch where he stretched out sideways with a torn groin. He earned more respect than we gave him. The same as Leon did. Just because we are jets fans does not mean we have to be behind every single move they make. That's for political parties. We screwed up with Cotch. It was 100% our front offices fault. I just hope these other two guys we brought in can hold up the weight of letting BE. brad Smith AND Cotch all go in one season.

Untrue. He didn't want to be an after thought any more. We were bringing in guys that haven't played in 2 1/2 years or are 37 years old and making them higher than him on the depth chart. he never did anything accept play his a$$ off for us and the last three seasons we brought guys in to be ahead of him. he was tired of it understandably. Last year he made that critical first down catch where he stretched out sideways with a torn groin. He earned more respect than we gave him. The same as Leon did. Just because we are jets fans does not mean we have to be behind every single move they make. That's for political parties. We screwed up with Cotch. It was 100% our front offices fault. I just hope these other two guys we brought in can hold up the weight of letting BE. brad Smith AND Cotch all go in one season.

Wow, this seriously needs to stop. What is with the constant incessant whining going on this offseason? I mean, it's so much worse than even usual and that's saying a lot.

"It was 100% our front offices fault"? Are you serious? How? HE ASKED FOR HIS RELEASE. You can sit here and try to blame it on the signing of Plax or Mason (who wasn't even a Jet until days after Cotchery was released), but that only further proves that you're looking for excuses to blame the front office, because you've inexplicably put Cotchery up on this pedestal, and you can't accept the reality that this was his doing. But those are clearly nothing but BS excuses considering that this request was made by Cotchery back in FEBRUARY. Just to remind you, that would be over 5 months before the Jets could even talk to Mason or Plax. Mason was a Baltimore Raven and Plax was still in freakin' prison!

But by all means, we should execute the Jets FO because they didn't want to hand a starting job to a guy who nobody else in the league showed any interest in giving a starting job to, and his best offer came from a team that has him currently as their #4 receiver. But wait... he made a play in the preseason against a bunch of backups, well that changes everything! Oh wait... no it doesn't. The point isn't that you have to love every move the front office makes, and you can surely wish Cotch was still a Jet, but when you twist the facts in an attempt to vilify the front office because a player you like is gone, I'm sorry but that makes you wrong.

He was mad that we were bringing in better players? Great attitude. If he is such a hot receiver with a great attitude, why didn't he just outplay them in camp? I mean, he can't beat out a 5th round pick, a 34 year old that hasn't played in 2 years and a 37 year old? **** him. Nobody should be given a spot on the field. He should have to earn it. He asked to be released and he got his wish. They could have held him up and kept him until the end of camp - like they did to Kendall. They don't owe Cotchery anything. He played well and was paid very well. As for respect the guy has been getting respect since before he even played when it was all Herm's fault that he couldn't get on the field over McCareins and Coles. We were right then and I think we are right now.

OMG OMG!!! Cotchery caught a TD in a preseason game against 2nd and 3rd stringers!?!? The sky is falling, we should have kept him, now it's over, we're destined to finish last in the division now. Cotch is easily top 5 in the league. THANKS A LOT STUPID FRONT OFFICE! YOU GUYS SUCK NOT FORCING HIM TO STAY.

Wow, this seriously needs to stop. What is with the constant incessant whining going on this offseason? I mean, it's so much worse than even usual and that's saying a lot.

"It was 100% our front offices fault"? Are you serious? How? HE ASKED FOR HIS RELEASE. You can sit here and try to blame it on the signing of Plax or Mason (who wasn't even a Jet until days after Cotchery was released), but that only further proves that you're looking for excuses to blame the front office, because you've inexplicably put Cotchery up on this pedestal, and you can't accept the reality that this was his doing. But those are clearly nothing but BS excuses considering that this request was made by Cotchery back in FEBRUARY. Just to remind you, that would be over 5 months before the Jets could even talk to Mason or Plax. Mason was a Baltimore Raven and Plax was still in freakin' prison!

But by all means, we should execute the Jets FO because they didn't want to hand a starting job to a guy who nobody else in the league showed any interest in giving a starting job to, and his best offer came from a team that has him currently as their #4 receiver. But wait... he made a play in the preseason against a bunch of backups, well that changes everything! Oh wait... no it doesn't. The point isn't that you have to love every move the front office makes, and you can surely wish Cotch was still a Jet, but when you twist the facts in an attempt to vilify the front office because a player you like is gone, I'm sorry but that makes you wrong.

Villify??? Take is easy man.

Listen. Disagreeing with our front office is allowed. I'm not sure if you knew that but it is. I still love and root for the Jets, but I think that they made some big mistakes this offseason just like they have in years past. Remember Pete kendall? He wanted a one million dollar raise. We said no and cut him. What was our o line play like that year ? Remember Last year when we cut Faneca as soon as we drafted Ducasse? We are lucky Slauson was able to end up playing well. He did not start the season well at all if you remember. Letting Brad smith walk because we had to go after and over priced CB we don;t need and because we can replace him with a 5th rd pick rookie who's never played a single down in the NFL is silly. oh.... joe mcnight? Please. that kid sucks and I have more hope for Kerley I'm still pissed about woodhead for Mcnight . :o)

These are stupid things our FO has done that I don't agree with. I do not agree that letting a long time Jet get replaced by a guy who has been in jail for two years without us even working him out. It's not smart. It was a big name signing which sells tickets. Cotch got jerked around here and wanted to leave. BE will do fine in SF and get a big raise next year. These guys have played exceptionally well for us the past couple of years and have a familiarity with sanchez. I see no reason why I can't defend a position that they should have been retained. Especially when I really don't see an ex-con and a 37 year old guy (albeit productive) as a real replacement for our young and eratic "elite lol" QB. We're not making it easy for him to flourish. So take that.

I won't even mention how I feel about Shaun Ellis.

He was mad that we were bringing in better players? Great attitude. If he is such a hot receiver with a great attitude, why didn't he just outplay them in camp? I mean, he can't beat out a 5th round pick, a 34 year old that hasn't played in 2 years and a 37 year old? **** him. Nobody should be given a spot on the field. He should have to earn it. He asked to be released and he got his wish. They could have held him up and kept him until the end of camp - like they did to Kendall. They don't owe Cotchery anything. He played well and was paid very well. As for respect the guy has been getting respect since before he even played when it was all Herm's fault that he couldn't get on the field over McCareins and Coles. We were right then and I think we are right now.

great attitude? It's not like he sucked man. He's supposed to just sit back and not say that he doesn't want to sit behind plax ? Why not? Out play them in camp? Give me a break. Plax was named the number 2 the second he got here. It's about name recognition. Ticket sales. Cotch is a good player who played well with Sanchez and didn't take plays off like I fear plax will. Don't misunderstand me. I hope plax lights it up. I simply don't agree with letting any of the guys we let go leave with the replacements we have for them. And that's all I have to say about that... unless you say something that makes me want to say something else of course :D

Dit-dit-dit-dit-dit-dit ... NEWSFLASH ... Cotchery named to Preseason Pro Bowl ... STOP ... David Clowney jealous ... STOP ... Jets desperate to find new receivers ... STOP ... Dit-dit-dit-dit ... Had this been a real emergency, Rex woulda said so ... Now back to your regular program ...

Really Greenbean? TICKET SALES? No one is buying a PSL because of Plaxico f***ing Burress. He's a better player than Cotchery and, if he plays near his potential, is probably better than Braylon Edwards too. That is why he was brought in.

Cotchery wasn't just tired of being "3rd fiddle" NOW. His frustration dates back to the last two seasons; he was tired of playing behind Holmes and Edwards. Are you going to villify the front office for THOSE moves too?

Remember Last year when we cut Faneca as soon as we drafted Ducasse? We are lucky Slauson was able to end up playing well. He did not start the season well at all if you remember. Letting Brad smith walk because we had to go after and over priced CB we don;t need and because we can replace him with a 5th rd pick rookie who's never played a single down in the NFL is silly. oh.... joe mcnight? Please. that kid sucks and I have more hope for Kerley I'm still pissed about woodhead for Mcnight . :o)

Alan Faneca had a horrible season for the Cardinals and was a liability in pass-blocking. Brad Smith was overpaid to be a wildcat QB, and with kickoffs moved back to the 35, he's useless as a returner. Not to mention, he replaced Leon Washington, another one of "your boys". That seemed to work out just fine. Oh, and Danny Woodhead? Really?

This team has been to AFC title games the last 2 seasons primarily because of the decisions of the front office. No, they're not perfect, but the moves you're criticizing are inconsequential, especially when you compare them to the positive moves they DID make (re-signed Holmes, Cromartie, extended Harris, apparently solid draft, etc.).

Villify??? Take is easy man.

Listen. Disagreeing with our front office is allowed. I'm not sure if you knew that but it is. I still love and root for the Jets, but I think that they made some big mistakes this offseason just like they have in years past. Remember Pete kendall? He wanted a one million dollar raise. We said no and cut him. What was our o line play like that year ? Remember Last year when we cut Faneca as soon as we drafted Ducasse? We are lucky Slauson was able to end up playing well. He did not start the season well at all if you remember. Letting Brad smith walk because we had to go after and over priced CB we don;t need and because we can replace him with a 5th rd pick rookie who's never played a single down in the NFL is silly. oh.... joe mcnight? Please. that kid sucks and I have more hope for Kerley I'm still pissed about woodhead for Mcnight . :o)

These are stupid things our FO has done that I don't agree with. I do not agree that letting a long time Jet get replaced by a guy who has been in jail for two years without us even working him out. It's not smart. It was a big name signing which sells tickets. Cotch got jerked around here and wanted to leave. BE will do fine in SF and get a big raise next year. These guys have played exceptionally well for us the past couple of years and have a familiarity with sanchez. I see no reason why I can't defend a position that they should have been retained. Especially when I really don't see an ex-con and a 37 year old guy (albeit productive) as a real replacement for our young and eratic "elite lol" QB. We're not making it easy for him to flourish. So take that.

I won't even mention how I feel about Shaun Ellis.

Like I said in my initial post, you don't have to agree with everything the front office does, but actually going out of your way to try to twist the facts in order to place additional blame on them is beyond unnecessary. You don't have to like that Cotchery is gone, but the facts are clear as day, Cotchery asked for his release, and asked for it over 5 months before Burress or Mason were anywhere close to being New York Jets. The only way the Jets might have possibly resolved that was agreeing to hand the starting job to a player who was not only coming off an injury, but had an unquestionably awful year last year (and who knows if that even would have done it). While I actually was a big Cotchery fan, I hate to have to break it to you, the fact that the Jets have continuously brought more and more receivers in over Cotchery ever since Ryan gets here tells you all you need to know about how this coaching staff feels about him. Let's not forget, this team and particularly this coaching staff once gave Cotchery the opportunity to be this team's #1 receiver, at the start of the 2009 season, before eventually getting to the point where they clearly wanted him no higher than #3 on the depth chart. Meanwhile, there doesn't seem to be a team in the league who disagreed with the Jets evaluation there.

Don't get me wrong, this team certainly hasn't been perfect with their transactions, no team is, and the Kendall situation is no doubt a very valid example, but that doesn't validate your attempts to put all of the blame on the team for something that was put in motion by the player himself and the only possible resolution would have been for the Jets to change their plans for their their roster and depth chart in a way they were clearly not comfortable with, simply to satisfy Cotchery's ego. Then again, that's even an assumption that he would want to stay even if guaranteed a starting spot considered he asked for his release when the only WRs under contract were him, Patrick Turner and a bunch of practice squad players. The bottom line, is there is really no justification whatsoever to say that this is 100% the fault of the Jets front office, as you so emphatically claimed. The fact that this is all coming on the heels of Cotchery catching a TD thrown by Byron Leftwich while lined up against backup CBs in a preseason game for the team he's the new #4 WR for just makes it that much worse.

He did fine last week, was that newsworthy too?

Honestly, I thought he sucked last week too, and I actually said as much at the time. His stats may have looked fine, but his play sure didn't if you ask me. The media sucked him off because he lead a TD drive, but actually watching it, his passes were horrendous. That long pass to a completely wide open receiver that they showed repeatedly all last week was a crappy, short, high floater that was only saved by a great play by the WR.

I'd be shocked if Vick doesn't revert back to his old form this season, with still impressive running skills but questionable at best passing. Green Bay showed last year all you need is enough talent and a little bit of discipline and more often than not the guy won't be able to beat you as a pocket QB. Maybe I'm wrong, I've certainly been before, but half a season of legit QB play last year for the first time in his career doesn't have me convinced.

Honestly, I thought he sucked last week too, and I actually said as much at the time. His stats may have looked fine, but his play sure didn't if you ask me. The media sucked him off because he lead a TD drive, but actually watching it, his passes were horrendous. That long pass to a completely wide open receiver that they showed repeatedly all last week was a crappy, short, high floater that was only saved by a great play by the WR.

I'd be shocked if Vick doesn't revert back to his old form this season, with still impressive running skills but questionable at best passing. Green Bay showed last year all you need is enough talent and a little bit of discipline and more often than not the guy won't be able to beat you as a pocket QB. Maybe I'm wrong, I've certainly been before, but half a season of legit QB play last year for the first time in his career doesn't have me convinced.

I thought he looked great actually, especially with no name WRs since the starters were out.

More importantly, would you trade Vick and Lynch for Ray Rice and Big Ben? I have this trade offer open for me, that would essentially give me a team with LeSean McCoy and Ray Rice as my RBs, D-Jax and Maclin as my top 2 wideouts, Ben or Eli as my QB, Dallas Clark at TE. Sure I have no real 3WR but that's a loaded team. I had Braylon but I cut him for Roy Williams, and have Plax, those 2 will share 3WR duties.

Actually let me list the teams:

Current:

Vick/Eli

D-Jax

Maclin

Roy Williams/Plax/MSW

LeSean McCoy

Ryan Grant/Lynch/Daniel Thomas

Dallas Clark

After trade:

Ben/Eli

D-Jax

Maclin

Roy/Plax/MSW

LeSean McCoy

Ray Rice

Dallas Clark

Both teams look loaded to me, just which do you think is even more loaded? Probably one of the better teams I've had in fantasy.

Archived