Just hand the Patriots the trophy now

Matt39

Patriots fans remind me of Same Old Jets fans right now.

"Haynesworth!!! Ochocinco!!!!! Blowout wins with Brady against 3rd stringers!!!!! We win teh preseason!!!"

Every fanbase has its homers like Klacko.

This Pats team has a long way to go. Haynesworth hasnt played a down yet and OCHO still hasnt learned the offense. No pre season win will matter come 9/12/11 when its on.

Patriots fans remind me of Same Old Jets fans right now.

"Haynesworth!!! Ochocinco!!!!! Blowout wins with Brady against 3rd stringers!!!!! We win teh preseason!!!"

It really is hard to gauge how a team is playing in the pre season, you have no idea what the teams are working on. It could be all base stuff. That being said, the Pats did look very good. If that were the JETS we would all be walking around with a stiff one today.

It really is hard to gauge how a team is playing in the pre season, you have no idea what the teams are working on. It could be all base stuff. That being said, the Pats did look very good. If that were the JETS we would all be walking around with a stiff one today.

I wouldn't be because I remember 1996.

Hahaha... good point... I think that if that were the JETS some people would have stiff ones... while others would be having emo breakdowns about not seeing enough from the new special teams gunner, or something uber retarded like that.

As far as the Patriots looking good, well, they should.... they are the Patriots and haven't really lost anyone. They were one of the best teams in football last year, again, and when we beat them in the playoffs we very easily could have beaten the only team that would have outscored the Packers.

Hahaha... good point... I think that if that were the JETS some people would have stiff ones... while others would be having emo breakdowns about not seeing enough from the new special teams gunner, or something uber retarded like that.

As far as the Patriots looking good, well, they should.... they are the Patriots and haven't really lost anyone. They were one of the best teams in football last year, again, and when we beat them in the playoffs we very easily could have beaten the only team that would have outscored the Packers.

Maybe, but Rodgers didnt play in the first NE vs GB game and he looked on fire during the Superbowl.

Assuming NE beat the Steelers, I believe the Pats would have lost in round 2 vs GB.

I have to admit if the Jets were racking up the points like NE is this summer I'd be damn happy about it-I don't care was doing it or against who it was being done-nobody else is scoring like them - good on them, hate them as I do and all...

The Pats 13-3? Nope....and the Pats know that the Jets will be bringing it just like we did in the playoffs to them. 12-4 is more realistic but i also see the Jets finishing with the same mark. It boils down to who beats who twice.

I LOLed at the bolded. Well played.

PR37 is probably whacking off to replays of last night's game (which he no doubt Tivoed) while he trolls here this morning.

That's a pretty gay thing to be thinking about... not that there's anything wrong with that.

The Pats 13-3? Nope....and the Pats know that the Jets will be bringing it just like we did in the playoffs to them. 12-4 is more realistic but i also see the Jets finishing with the same mark. It boils down to who beats who twice.

Even if you think the Jets are better than the Pats, there's still a great possibility the Pats end with a top record. In 17 games last year, the Pats lost only 3, and 2 them were to the Jets. The only other loss was their disaster against the Browns... that's it. For as much crap as Rex got for his comment, he's right, it sure would help the Jets if other teams learned how to beat the Pats. I hate those bastards, and as much as I hate to give them any credit, as long as Brady's still under center for them they're going to be a big pain in the a$$ to deal with.

Even if you think the Jets are better than the Pats, there's still a great possibility the Pats end with a top record. In 17 games last year, the Pats lost only 3, and 2 them were to the Jets. The only other loss was their disaster against the Browns... that's it. For as much crap as Rex got for his comment, he's right, it sure would help the Jets if other teams learned how to beat the Pats. I hate those bastards, and as much as I hate to give them any credit, as long as Brady's still under center for them they're going to be a big pain in the a$$ to deal with.

Yep, pretty much. Rex has owned Belichick and Brady as Jets HC, but B&B have owned everyone else.

Other teams need to either learn from the Jets or Brady has to get Pollard'. That's the only way they'll win less than 12 games this year.

Yep, pretty much. Rex has owned Belichick and Brady as Jets HC, but B&B have owned everyone else.

Other teams need to either learn from the Jets or Brady has to get Pollard'. That's the only way they'll win less than 12 games this year.

It's only been 3/5, that's not really owning. It's just we are at least on equal footing thus far.

I want to see that number go up to 5/6 and then it becomes ownage. 6/7 if we face them in the playoffs, that's 3 losses to the same team and even if they have no other losses all year that's a passing of the guard and the Jets even without winning the division become the best team in the AFCE.

I do not think that is likely however. I would expect a split this year and then not see them in the playoffs.

:scare:

Gimme a friggin' break. If you want to clean up at season's end, find a Pats fan today to give you odds on the Pats not winning the SB. It won't be hard to do.

After seeing that picture...I just dropped 5grand on the Pats winning it all.

Pats will be 13-3. They will win the AFC east. They will have home field advantage. They will continue their string of post season lost at home. The Jets just have to make it to Foxboro again. Simple really.

Wow, a realistic fan. Nice to see every so often.

I completely agree.

It's only been 3/5, that's not really owning. It's just we are at least on equal footing thus far.

I want to see that number go up to 5/6 and then it becomes ownage. 6/7 if we face them in the playoffs, that's 3 losses to the same team and even if they have no other losses all year that's a passing of the guard and the Jets even without winning the division become the best team in the AFCE.

I do not think that is likely however. I would expect a split this year and then not see them in the playoffs.

I'm no math major but after 3/5 you have 4/6 and 5/7. No way you can go from 3/5 to 5/6.

Let's face it. We split the regular season with the Pats, they won the division, we went to the AFC Championship game. Neither won the trophy. I can't honestly call that owning.

I'm no math major but after 3/5 you have 4/6 and 5/7. No way you can go from 3/5 to 5/6.

Let's face it. We split the regular season with the Pats, they won the division, we went to the AFC Championship game. Neither won the trophy. I can't honestly call that owning.

Hmm those fractions don't look as sexy.

So let's just put win/loss instead!

Right now we are 3-2 against them. 3/5 looks a bit more dominant there.

A win again puts us at 4/6 as you said. That doesn't look that impressive either but 4-2 looks a bit better.

5-2 is where it's probably ownage. So let's win the next 2.

The Jets beat the Pats when it counted. 14-2 may as well have been 2-14.

As I've said since the debacle (my words) in Foxboro..........Jets>Pats.

Crazy talk. As a Jets fan I still give the Pats the edge. The Jets have a lot more to prove. Also a 5 game span doesn't erase the 10 games or so before that.

Archived