Sign in to follow this  
Boozer76

Metlife Stadium

Looks like Metlife bought the naming rights. better not come out of my pay seeing as I work for them!

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/metlife_inks_deal_with_meadowlands_PG2HRPjVKrrtaSLaklGdEN#ixzz1VTa4LE5r

Snoopy has officially landed at the New Meadowlands Stadium, The Post has learned.

Insurance giant MetLife has inked a definitive agreement to purchase naming rights to the home of the NFL Giants and Jets and the planned cite of the Super Bowl in 2014, sources said.

The one-year old, $1.6 billion bowl will be called MetLife Stadium.

The deal, which could range as high as $20 million year for 20 years, could be announced as early as next week in midtown Manhattan, with reps from MetLife and both teams and a number of star players in attendance, sources told The Post.

The New Meadowlands Stadium is going to the dog: Snoopy and MetLife. The insurance giant has inked a deal to name the home of the Jets and Giants.

Charles Wenzelberg/New York Post

The New Meadowlands Stadium is going to the dog: Snoopy and MetLife. The insurance giant has inked a deal to name the home of the Jets and Giants.

Although exact details of the deal could not be learned, reports by SportsBusiness Journal in June, when the talks had begun in earnest, had estimated the value of the deal at $17 million or $18 million a year.

Representatives from MetLife, and the owners of the two football teams declined comment on the deal.

MetLife bought one of four smaller rights deals, called cornerstone partnerships, three years ago for $7 million a year.

That deal was scheduled to run until 2014 -- but will end upon the anticipated announcement of the insurance company’s upgrade to a full stadium naming rights deal.

A naming rights deal would grant the insurance giant, which features the iconic Peanuts character Snoopy, heightened visibility on the field with two Big Apple NFL teams.

Sources said that MetLife and both teams have been trying to hash out a team since last year but a volatile market has held up talks.

Few other corporations have struck major naming rights deals locally since turmoil in the markets took hold in 2008, besides British bank Barclays Capital, which boasts naming rights for the to-be-built Barclays Ceneter in Brooklyn.

How about they call it soulless gray and metal piece of crap. Seriously.. I've been in airports and malls that have more character.

Edited by Holmes Alone
  • Upvote 1

How about they call it soulless gray and metal piece of crap. Seriously.. I've been in airports and malls that have more character.

That's why we're fortunate to have Xanadu in front of it. Nobody talks about how ugly the stadium is.

Do you have season tickets? How many times have you been there? What would you have preferred?

new-meadowlands-stadium_s334.jpg?1294715139

Do you have season tickets? How many times have you been there? What would you have preferred?

He's right. It's very cold looking. No personality. Compared to like Hinez field or the Link in Philly it hardly has any Jets colors and stuff around. Even with the dumb green lights outside.

No I don't, how is that relevant? You don't need season tickets to enter a stadium. I've been there about 10-12 times. For Jets and Giants games, high school football, international soccer, and most recently U2. I live in Rutherford, I can see the dump from my roof. I would of preferred a better designed, architecturally pleasing stadium.

Edited by Holmes Alone

No I don't, how is that relevant? You don't need season tickets to enter a stadium. I've been there about 10-12 times. For Jets and Giants games, high school football, international soccer, and most recently U2. I live in Rutherford, I can see the dump from my roof. I would of preferred a better designed, architecturally pleasing stadium.

Better designed? Are you serious? This stadium is such a huge upgrade over Giants stadium in terms of wind alone... add that the seats are closer to the turf... and the atmosphere inside is wayyyy better...

Show me a stadium built in the last 5 years that looks like you want it to be...

JETBLUE WOULDA BEEN PERFECT

Perfect. It would fit so nicely. Either way, it sure is nice not to be playing in "Giants stadium" any more.

I read that it's hosting the 2014 Super Bowl. Does that mean there is roof in it after all?

Better designed? Are you serious? This stadium is such a huge upgrade over Giants stadium in terms of wind alone... add that the seats are closer to the turf... and the atmosphere inside is wayyyy better...

Show me a stadium built in the last 5 years that looks like you want it to be...

Stadiums I've been to that are much much better.

Qwest Field, University of Phoenix Stadium, Invesco Field at Mile High, Heinz Field

Stadiums I've been to that are much much better.

Qwest Field, University of Phoenix Stadium, Invesco Field at Mile High, Heinz Field

Cmon... this is your argument? I knew you were just BSing

nfl-arizona-cardinals-plaque-mounted-laminated-print-AU94.jpg

uofp09950.jpg

Edited by ECURB

uofp09950.jpg

Never been there have you. Your argument is entirely based on photos taken off google.

Edited by Holmes Alone

Cmon... this is your argument? I knew you were just BSing

uofp09950.jpg

Even though it's named after a scam this is a really nice stadium. Unique look and it's really like looking inside. Also there are no awful upper deck endzone seats.

Edited by madmikeisback

12-QWest_field1024.jpg

Seeing this from your porch is better?

Yes. Thats the loudest stadium in america. Imagine if their team was good?

Edited by madmikeisback

Yeah a lot more character and less gray on this one...

cfiles1833.jpg

ecurb have you been to any of those parks? Just posting one pic is a pisspoor way of judging a stadium.

Of course he hasn't.. he's talking out his a$$. Any moron can google an image of a stadium.

Edited by Holmes Alone

101117-stadium-fireworks-flag.jpg

Tell me that isnt awesome

Edited by ECURB

ecurb have you been to any of those parks? Just posting one pic is a pisspoor way of judging a stadium.

It proves they are all gray and lack great design... it is a ******* stadium..

That isn't true though. Some are much nicer than others. For 1.5b I'm not too impressed. I mean it's not gonna change that I still go to lots of games but it just is what it is.

sound like someone who has never been to any other stadium.

101117-stadium-fireworks-flag.jpg

Tell me that isnt awesome

you need fireworks and nighttime to make that stadium look half decent.