ESPN Boston: Positively Giddy about Patriots

Jetsfan80

Yeah because 4 playoff wins on the road are meaningless right?

That whole 4 playoff win line is pure BS. You make it sound like he carried the team on his shoulders and led 4th quarter comeback wins ala Joe Montana.

He played well enough to let the defense win the games.

He deserves respect for that but please dont put him in the HOF yet.

He has a long way to go still to be a top NFL qb.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That whole 4 playoff win line is pure BS. You make it sound like he carried the team on his shoulders and led 4th quarter comeback wins ala Joe Montana.

He played well enough to let the defense win the games.

He deserves respect for that but please dont put him in the HOF yet.

He has a long way to go still to be a top NFL qb.

How benevolent of him!

WTF does that even mean?

The reality is that unlike Joe Flacco, who has played terribly in the postseason and whose defense really did mask his deficiencies and carry his a$$, Mark Sanchez raised the level of his performance in the postseason and took pressure off of his defense, not forcing them to win the game for him.

Is he a great or elite QB? Of course not. But you seem to have written him off completely while verbally fellating Ryan Mallett for putting up big numbers against a bunch of auto mechanics. I could have put up similar numbers against the Jags 3rd stringers. That was hardly impressive, especially compared with winning postseason road games in the NFL.

Yeah because 4 playoff wins on the road are meaningless right?

They're not particularly meaningful when talking about an individual player, even a quarterback.

Did you just brag about preseason stats ? :rl:

Are you retarded? I was making the point that I'm not doing that because doing that would be retarded. I don't even know what Brady's preseason stats are. His regular and postseason stats speak for themselves.

Stuck in traffic today listening to that giant retard Scott Zolak scream-talk all about how awesome everyone is... he compared Darius Butler to Darrelle Revis at one point... and said that Haynesworth at 50% effort is best defensive player in NFL.

******* goon.

Stuck in traffic today listening to that giant retard Scott Zolak scream-talk all about how awesome everyone is... he compared Darius Butler to Darrelle Revis at one point... and said that Haynesworth at 50% effort is best defensive player in NFL.

******* goon.

I loved Zolak back in the day (1990's) but he is pretty much retarded.

I think the Pats go 12-4 this season. I have no idea what the Jets record will be.

Yes I do think he can eventually be a star in the NFL not a middle of the pack guy like Sanchez.

Time will tell. Its just an opinion, could be wrong.

Fellow meth heads gotta stick together right Kleck? Get real, Vanilla Ice will never be as good as Sanchez is at this moment. Mallett has a big arm yes, but unfortunately a small brain.

They're not particularly meaningful when talking about an individual player, even a quarterback.

But if it was the other way around the whole gang of trolls would be railing on how bad Sanchez was. You know it!

I don't even know what Brady's preseason stats are. His regular and postseason stats speak for themselves.

Tainted stats!

How benevolent of him!

WTF does that even mean?

The reality is that unlike Joe Flacco, who has played terribly in the postseason and whose defense really did mask his deficiencies and carry his a$$, Mark Sanchez raised the level of his performance in the postseason and took pressure off of his defense, not forcing them to win the game for him.

Is he a great or elite QB? Of course not. But you seem to have written him off completely while verbally fellating Ryan Mallett for putting up big numbers against a bunch of auto mechanics. I could have put up similar numbers against the Jags 3rd stringers. That was hardly impressive, especially compared with winning postseason road games in the NFL.

um excuse me Joe, but you mean Home Depot employees and UPS drivers

I watched the firat quarter and a half of the Patriots game last night.

They look very good.

If you're not concerned about the Patriots, you're not a Jets fan.

I'm worried about every team we play. We have beaten the cheating scum more than anyone else has and their score running in the preseason against guys who will be loading UPS trucks in 3 weeks doesn't worry me more than say the Cowboys.

I'm worried about every team we play. We have beaten the cheating scum more than anyone else has and their score running in the preseason against guys who will be loading UPS trucks in 3 weeks doesn't worry me more than say the Cowboys.

That's a good way to look at it.

Most people on this site aren't worried about any team. They think the Jets are just going to run roughshod over everyone.

The preseason is nothing more than coaches being able to gain a better feel for their team, seeing what you have in backup depth, as well as players catching up to the speed of the game before heading into the regular season.

Coaches aren't coaching to win the game. If they were? Believe me, these backups wouldn't earn any type of burn time. The starters wouldn't leave the football field if we were "playing to win". It's also foolish to judge a teams performance on play calling. Coaching staffs have always kept play calling vanilla, and for obvious reasons. Coordinators aren't showing their hand by unloading the teams playbook during a preseason game and last but not least... I'm pretty sure starting QB's aren't unleashing mid-season form audibles either.

Yes, the Patriots are 2-0 during the preseason, big deal. Who have they beat? And what have those wins meant? Nothing. The Redskins just beat the Colts by the score of 16-3 last night. Big deal. Does that mean the Skins are a better football team when compared to the Colts? All because they won a preseason game? No. It doesn't. It's the preseason for crying out loud. None of this will mean anything come September 12th, when NE travels to Miami to take on the Dolphins @ 7:00 PM. That's when the games start to mean something other than just practice.

Let's start with one.

If there is one. Heck, maybe the Jets are the best team out there.

Can anyone on this site name even one team that is better than the Jets?

The Packers are better. Hell, they are downright scary. Right now I'd put the Steelers ahead of us but I'd love to get a shot at them in a home game.

The Eagles have a stronger overall roster but as last night showed they need to gel.

There's three.

Archived