Teixeira

Barton

He's hitting .227 as a LHB

Jeter has fixed his game and Gardner is too good to bat 9th.

Who cars what his meaningless BA is. He has 33 homes. He's not having a great year by his standards but Jeter has been terrible most of the season. He's having a few good games now but I doubt that continues for too long.

Who cars what his meaningless BA is. He has 33 homes. He's not having a great year by his standards but Jeter has been terrible most of the season. He's having a few good games now but I doubt that continues for too long.

Gardner has higher OBP than Tex.

By what? 8 points. Gardner is having a good year but he's not on Tex's level as a hitter.

Teixiera isnt batting 1st or 2nd anytime soon, we know this.

So why would you bat him ahead of better 3-5 hitters (Granderson, Arod, Cano)?

It doesnt make sense.

Three lefties at the top might not be a good idea come playoff time.

that's the downside with people focusing on righty/lefty matchups

I'd rather see Gardner as leadoff and Granderson right behind him...Granderson deserves more at-bats than Jeter at this point. but Jeter isn't 9th material yet.

I'd like to see them try a top 5 of

Gardner-Granderson-Cano-Arod-Tex

then probably finish it with Jeter-Swisher.....then starting catcher and DH

you really think they are going to drop Jeter now that his average is up over .290... he's now having a better season than Gardner

Jeter has been hitting well back in the 2 spot....he needs to stay there

That bunt was the dumbest thing I've seen in forever. They were 2 runs down, not 1.Giving up an out there was so fraking stupid. And one runner was already in scoring position. If that is in Girardi's book he needs to burn that book.

Archived