ATTENTION:: Mock Draft discussion thread

Green Jets & Ham

SS

This is supposed to be a serious draft. Just because you know the guy, doesn't mean he should be drafted in the 3rd round

Unfortunately, at least from all my readings the guy is a UDFA all the way

I don't know the guy. Not personally, anyway. I'm just going by what I read. He seems to be a good player. He's rising on the boards. It was between him and Kevin Everett. I picked him cause he seemed to have better upside. It was the same way last year, when the Lions took Keith Smith over Derrick Strait. They chose the small school guy over the big school guy. Besides, that worked out for both teams involved. And, if we were drafting, it'd work out again for the Lions and for the Cards, who took Everett. He'd have Marcus Pollard to learn from, and hopefully, a coach who can develop him as a blocker.

I may have taken him rather high, but not all the top TE's have been taken yet. I would have taken a DT, but from what I've heard, Marcus Bell is on his way back to Detroit, unless he gets a starter's offer. So, DT isn't a huge need.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are so many picks that could be labeled as reaches right now.

The reason for that is because it's easier at this point to project who will be in the first two rounds.

Like I said earlier, There is very little difference between the 3rd and 6th rounders at this point. So a guy who looks like a 6 may very well go into the 3rd and vice versa.

That's one of the good things and bad things with this draft. I do see value at certain spots, I just can't get into names. Even though, I wish I could.

I don't know the guy. Not personally, anyway. I'm just going by what I read. He seems to be a good player. He's rising on the boards. It was between him and Kevin Everett. I picked him cause he seemed to have better upside. It was the same way last year, when the Lions took Keith Smith over Derrick Strait. They chose the small school guy over the big school guy. Besides, that worked out for both teams involved. And, if we were drafting, it'd work out again for the Lions and for the Cards, who took Everett. He'd have Marcus Pollard to learn from, and hopefully, a coach who can develop him as a blocker.

I may have taken him rather high, but not all the top TE's have been taken yet. I would have taken a DT, but from what I've heard, Marcus Bell is on his way back to Detroit, unless he gets a starter's offer. So, DT isn't a huge need.

Fair enough

Most fraft boards don't have him drafted

I've seen him as early as the 5th, but in the 3rd it's a BIG TIME reach

JMO

I hope Warfish likes the Russell pick. I'm pretty high on him. 6'3" 205 lbs with decent speed. He had a down senior year but had 75 rec for 1213 yards and 8 touchdowns his Junior season. Washington didn't have too much size at WR so I figured this was a good match.

My deepest apologies guys. I have been offline almost all weekend, and last I had heard we were only doing the first two rounds here.

Again, my apologies for holding up the draft. :cry:

I think we're trying to do all 7 apparently. Hey man I hope that was a good pick for Washington. Do you think they would have picked up a guy like Russell in reality?

I think we're trying to do all 7 apparently. Hey man I hope that was a good pick for Washington. Do you think they would have picked up a guy like Russell in reality?

At this point.....with Santana Moss, Patten, Thrash, McCants and Jacobs all still on the roster (and getting roster bonuses and coach's kind comments as we speak) and Gardner still around not getting interest......I just don't see them talking a WR anymore.

It's a solid pick in that this kid is a solid choice at this point I think, but I would have seen the Skins go DT/DE/CB here.

No worries though! :D

Fair enough

Most fraft boards don't have him drafted

I've seen him as early as the 5th, but in the 3rd it's a BIG TIME reach

JMO

And you're welcomed to it. I must admit I screwed up, however. I didn't really get a chance to study all the draftees, I've been swamped with school. Save for the first round, I've mostly gone by what ESPN Insider and DD.com have up. DD has Bergen as the number three TE, and I trust Ham, Bit, and Rig's opinions. But, the draft is a crapshoot, so who knows?

I'm normally wary of undersized DTs but Babineaux is a load. Since Pat Williams demands a double-team if Babineaux's inside he'll have the opportunity to wreak havoc.

plus with 4.74 40 speed many think he can play outside....

Udeze---Williams---Babineaux---Williams

Udeze---Williams---Williams---Babineaux

However it ends up that's a hell of a rough foursome for the opponent to scheme blocks for.

Udeze---Williams---Babineaux---Williams

Udeze---Williams---Williams---Babineaux

That goes against the Lions front of:

Hall---Rogers---Wilkenson---Merriman

The D-fronts of the NFC Central are just getting really strong. It's a shame the real GM's don't draft like us (well, at least until before the third :wink:)

man! I was gonna steal antaj hawthorne in the 2nd rd then somebody else stole him

then I was gonna get corey webster to the bills in the 3rd, and jetlag stole him.

its not wise to anger me! now I'll be forced to make an even bigger draft steal! :)

Guys, I regret that I have to pull out of the draft alltogether...with SEVERE regrets.

Work has become extreme this last week, and is only getting worse and I will not be online much at all during the day in the future here.

So it is VERY likely I'd miss my picks.

So I'd rather just tell you upfront instead of pissing you all off when my picks roll around.

I am SEVERELY sorry to all, and sad I couldn;t take part more. DOH! Damn real world....

Guys, I regret that I have to pull out of the draft alltogether...with SEVERE regrets.

Work has become extreme this last week, and is only getting worse and I will not be online much at all during the day in the future here.

So it is VERY likely I'd miss my picks.

So I'd rather just tell you upfront instead of pissing you all off when my picks roll around.

I am SEVERELY sorry to all, and sad I couldn;t take part more. DOH! Damn real world....

Dude, I'm sorry to hear it. If things clear up and the draft is still going on, I'll gladly hook you up with one of my teams later on, B.

Archived