ATTENTION:: Mock Draft discussion thread

Green Jets & Ham

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A good by-product of this is all of us are getting a feel for where players might actually be going come draft time. Especially the borderline 1st day players.

Actually, everybody you drafted from the first round until now, will be a second day pick. You are a butcher. You suck.

Sorry, fellas, my connection was down.

Before I signed off, I considered PM'ing my pick to someone, but I figured I'd be back in an hour or so.

Or maybe I should have looked in the mirror and saw that Chicago Cubs hat and realized that I'm not the luckiest person on the face of the earth.

My guy is still there, btw. Come on, round five!

Sorry, fellas, my connection was down.

Before I signed off, I considered PM'ing my pick to someone, but I figured I'd be back in an hour or so.

Or maybe I should have looked in the mirror and saw that Chicago Cubs hat and realized that I'm not the luckiest person on the face of the earth.

My guy is still there, btw. Come on, round five!

But you Gotta love the linebacker I pegged for the Saints?

Rian Wallace was a heist in the 4th RD 8)

I love the Wallace pick and the Saints definitely needed a linebacker. I considered Kevin Burnett in round two before choosing Mosely.

You made a great pick, that's why I'm not that upset that I let my guy slide through my hands.

:shock::shock::shock:

Strengths: Extremely athletic and very fast...Has excellent size...Should be a workout warrior and amaze scouts...Still has loads of upside and his potential is through the roof.

Weaknesses: Very raw and only played tight end and on the offense for one season...Saw limited action as a senior...Never made an impact on either side of the ball in college...A major project who will require a lot of development.

Notes: Former linebacker...Could be brought in late as a developmental prospect due to his huge upside, great triangle numbers and athleticism.

Yup... that's a steal. I mean, y'know... if steal means vast reach that couldn't even qualify as a UDFA, or NFL Europe cast off, then yeah, that's a steal.

Ham from what I'm gathering Oshiomogho Atogwe is a special teams player. How is he a steal in the 4th?

Special teams player??????

Atogwe is the consensus 4th thru 7th ranked Safety in this draft

And the Jets contingent seemed very interested in Atogwe at the combines ... reportedly spent some quality time with Oshi 8)

Sort of flying under the radar like Coleman, but Atogwe is a hell of a football player ... was appointed Captain of the Stanford Cardinals and was a VERY PRODUCTIVE Safety

With the 123rd pick in the 2005 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select:

TE, Garrett Cross, California

Why would the Dolts draft another TE? I would think Dungy has enough to work with, seeing as they have Dallas Clark, Ben Hartsock, AND Ben Utecht (who they drafted last year). I think 124 thought that they needed to replace Pollard. :shock:

Special teams player??????

Atogwe is the consensus 4th thru 7th ranked Safety in this draft

And the Jets contingent seemed very interested in Atogwe at the combines ... reportedly spent some quality time with Oshi 8)

Sort of flying under the radar like Coleman, but Atogwe is a hell of a football player ... was appointed Captain of the Stanford Cardinals and was a VERY PRODUCTIVE Safety

One more plus on Atogwe ... has played both Safety positions {F and S} equally well, though his spot in the NFL would appear to be SS

Things must have got tough for my friend Hammer, when I sent him the names of the Broncos pick--my number 2 was Atogwe :twisted:

I like Mitch Meeuwesen a lot, however. He really gets a bad, very undeserved wrap on his speed (maybe because he's white and tall), but he was was the BEST safety in America in 2004 on the PLAYING FIELD.

**First team All-American on several lists...

**1 of 3 Thorpe finalist--best DB in America--in 2004. :shock:

**20 Career Int's....Just for reference, most 1st round DB prospects don't even get 10 in a career.

**Measured in at 6'3", 211 and ran a 4.49 at Pro Day.

The senior safety most likely to go in the first 3 rounds and who starred at the Senior Bowl (best safety at the game all week) is still out available, suprisingly....Small hint--Big 10 player :lol:

PS: Jetfan80, Utecht was going to be drafted, but a season ending back injury led him to be a free agent....

Colts handed him a 20-25K signing bonus--among the top undrafted players.

He's wasn't drafted, but you are correct---they really like him if his back holds up. If he's healthy, they think they may 3 best young TE's in the NFL.

BTW, Atogwe was the reason {the sole reason} I passed on Nicholson for the Jets in RD 3 {then took him for Tampa}

My strategy was to tab Bartell in RD 3 and steal Atogwe in RD 4 ... and it worked like a charm 8)

I was considering getting Otogwe instead of Jerome Collins for the bills, I actually had him on that list I sent to shane. but the bills have milloy and vincent at safety, altho both are kinda old now

I think I screwed up putting Jerome Collins number 1 on my list to shane, I also had rosegreen and otogwe on that list, and now that I think about it, they would have been better picks than Jerome Collins

btw Collins was at notre dame. He should have been a 6 or 7th rd pick tho, I reached too much. if only I was here for my pick, I would have changed my mind and selected Otogwe instead of Collins

you lucked out ham!! :lol::lol:

Go look at nearly every Jets mock I have posted over the past month ... I'll bet you you'll see Atogwe in at least 75% of them :wink:

Riggo, you scared the heck out of me with that PM ... then I realized you picked AFTER me :D

Just bustin on ya bro... all in good witty banter 8)

So, any thoughts on Willis? I apparently held him in higher regard than anyone else, since I had him pegged in three different rounds and still got him.

I like Willis. One of those guys who doesn't have rediculous upside but has limited downside. Would have tabbed him with my pick just now if Fincher was off the board actually.

Archived