ATTENTION:: Mock Draft discussion thread

Green Jets & Ham

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the 5th RD of the JN mock draft, the NY Jets select

WR/RM Roscoe Parrish ~ Miami Hurricanes

p1_parrish_ap.jpg

Riggo sent me this scouting quote on Parrish ... where he is labeled a possible 2nd RD Pick

Makes sense too me, especially when you consider that he doubles as an explosive return man

And ole GJ&H tabbed him in RD 5 8) :D

Eh, all you did was change the name on the Jets jersey. It's either Moss or Parrish, they're both from the U, both are smurfs... and they both dare fast. So, I say good job Ham. Almost as good as my Lions draft. My Browns draft just owns everyone though :wink:

just did more research on my bills 4th rder JEROME COLLINS, tight end.

he came to notre dame AS A WIDE RECIEVER, so he has skills, he is not THAT RAW like I had originally thougt

in 2003 he played OLB

2004 he moved back to tight end, is 6'4 260 and runs a 4.6, and most believe he is an early day 2 pick, so I guess I DID NOT reach at all with that pick, INFACT like I had origianlly thought, he might be a HUGE steal :lol::lol:

just did more research on my bills 4th rder JEROME COLLINS, tight end.

he came to notre dame AS A WIDE RECIEVER, so he has skills, he is not THAT RAW like I had originally thougt

in 2003 he played OLB

2004 he moved back to tight end, is 6'4 260 and runs a 4.6, and most believe he is an early day 2 pick, so I guess I DID NOT reach at all with that pick, INFACT like I had origianlly thought, he might be a HUGE steal :lol::lol:

Sorry Bro, nice try ... would have been a nice pick in the 6th or 7th, but a bigtime reach in RD 4 :lol:

Storm, I can't lie ... I love Bradley's upside ... nice sleeper pick on day two :wink:

I love the Parrish pick as well becuase he adds explosion to two spots ... SLOT WR and RM

Yes, but the Lions already have a return man... you've heard of Eddie Drummond? So, with all that, all the Lions needed was a slot man, and Bradley fits that bill. He's big... 6'2" 198 pounds, and runs a 4.43 40. Only knocks are that he runs poor routes and can't block all that well. I'd say that's better than Tai Streets and Az Hakim.

wanna make a friendly bet he doesn't make it past the 5th rd?? :lol::lol:

If he's taken before the end of the 5th, then somehow you became a NFL GM. That's the only way I figure it. Just cause he went to Notre Dame doesn't mean he's any good. From the 4th til the end, the draft is about finding gems, not guys who couldn't find a position in college.

Gotta run for a little while

If SP hasn't made his pick by 6:35, someone submit a pick for the Steelers so we can keep moving

Thanks

Be back a little later

I'd pick for him, but I don't wanna screw his draft. Does he have a list that he PMed you? If you're still around Ham, that is. Or, if anyone else wants to submit a pick for SP, that'd work too. Y'know, provided SP doesn't make his own pick and all.

If he's taken before the end of the 5th, then somehow you became a NFL GM. That's the only way I figure it. Just cause he went to Notre Dame doesn't mean he's any good. From the 4th til the end, the draft is about finding gems, not guys who couldn't find a position in college.

well I never said just because he was from notre dame he was any good, I probably drafted him a round too much higher, but this guy could be THE STEAL of the draft. I am not just saying that because I drafted him, but a 6'4 260lb TE who runs a 4.6 flat is hard to come by thats for sure. he has the potential to be a great tight end. I can't wait till the 5th rd is over with on the draft april 24th and jerome collins is already off the board. 8)

Eh... just means some dumb NFL GM reached on him too, and will probably try and spin it, like you are now, EB :lol:

probably! :lol::lol:

who shall take stillers pick? if not nobody volunteers to make the pick I will do it in 5 minutes......

I AM SPARTACUS!!!

Sproles is a slightly awkward fit for the Pats but there's no way he should be on the board at this point and Kevin Faulk is 29 this year, getting up there for a running back.

Sproles might end up suffering a convenient "leg injury" and going on IR for a year (ie. the NFL redshirt).... but at the bottom of the 5th there's no way I'm passing on him. I'm convinced that he can be superb in a 10 touches per game + KR role.

The Detroit Lions

1. Shawne Merriman DE/OLB

2. Adam Terry OT

3. Adam Bergen TE

4. Mark Bradley WR

6. Dan Orlovsky QB

Covers all the needs and great value.

The Cleveland Browns

1. Mike Williams WR

2. Barrett Rudd ILB

3. Sione Pouha DT

4. Stanley Wilson CB

5. Marcus Lawrence ILB

6. Kyle Orton QB

The best player in the draft, and four defensive starters (cause the Browns have nothing). This is a good draft for Romeo to start off with. And, he also gets a potential solid QB down the road, if he's developed properly, just like another QB drafted in the sixth round that he coached (I know he didn't coach Brady, but he was on the coaching staff).

Hey guys, what's up?

I guess I missed my pick last night. Was out at Bennigans, drinkin' some green beer and watched my Lakers lose to the Heat. :cry:

Anyway, can I still pick, or did someone pick for me?

MiamiJet

Ham picked a player for you-you got replaced with the best!

Cincinnati Bengals

1) S Thomas Davis ~ Georgia

2) DT Anttaj Hawthorne ~ Wisconsin

3) CB Corey Webster ~ LSU

4) WR Terrence Murphy ~ Texas A&M

5) C Eric Ghiaciuc ~ Central Michigan

6) DE Tony Ficklin ~ San Jose St.

I'm really starting to get high on this Ficklin kid. I had never heard of him before but after the stuff I've read about him I would love for the Jets to snatch him in the 6th/7th. Check out the attributes and stats I gave in the thread, good stuff.

boy, I am glad that santonio thomas dropped to the 6th rd. :lol::lol:

he was the ultimate replacement for sam adams after the 3rd rd was over! was the number 1 player on my board I sent to ham.

nice pick by garb, I had him on my list #5.

Read it and weep, suckers ... cause that's what you call a SUPER SLEEPER!! =D>

THIS MOFO IS A MONSTER!! :shock:

DE Walter Curry ~ 6' 4"/270 ~ Albany State

walter_curry_asu_hits.jpg

Defensive end Walter Curry (Albany State, 6-4/268) had a dominating year last year, with 79 tackles, 30.5 for loss, 18 sacks and 17 QB hurries.

Curry has the size and speed to compete in the NFL. He will more than likely battle with Brandon Jacobs to be the top small school player taken.

Walter Curry is a phenomenal defensive powerhouse and a key anchor of the Golden Rams' defense.

During his four-year career at Albany State, Curry has recorded 238 tackles (128 solos), with 83 for a loss of 474 yards, 46 sacks for 374 yards, 4 pass breakups, 7 forced fumbles and 5 fumble recoveries in 39 games.

In 8 games during his senior campaign, Curry has recorded 44 tackles (23 solos), with 14.5 as tackles for loss of 101 yards. Curry has also recorded 7.5 sacks for 65 yards, 12 quarterback hurries, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery.

His superlatives this season include the lane college on sept. 18, in which Curry had 9 tackles (7 solos), two sacks for 18 yards, three quarterback hurries and a forced fumble. Against clark atlanta on oct. 16, he recorded five tackles, with 3.5 for a loss of 25 yards and a quarterback hurry.

Curry was named a D2Football.com preseason All-American. He is a Harlon Hill candidate.

During his junior season in 2003, Curry led the nation in sacks and tackles for loss during the 2003 regular season and finished second in the nation after post-season play. In 12 games, he was credited with 18 sacks for 152 yards for the Golden Rams. He recorded 79 tackles (39 solos). Of those tackles, 30.5 were for a loss of 187 yards. He also had three pass break-ups, 17 quarterback hurries, one fumble recovery, one forced fumble and one safety.

Curry led to the Golden Rams to the number one ranking in division II in total defense. The Golden Rams were also ranked second in the nation in scoring defense and pass efficiency defense, and fifth in the nation in rushing defense. Curry accumulated numerous awards for his outstanding performance during the 2003 season.

well I hope stillerpaul likes Paris...........Paris Warren that is

not a burner, but a pretty good possession wide reciever, nice size and a decent value pick, I didn't realize he was even on the board at the time!

Thanks for making the pick for me. I PM'd TomShane a list of players i like. I can only pop in here from time to time the next few days, gettin' busy as hell.

THROUGH SIX ROUNDS

NY JETS

========

1. LT Alex Barron

2. TE Alex Smith

3. CB Ronald Bartell

4. S Oshiomogho Atogwe

5. WR/RM Roscoe Parrish

6. DE Walter Curry

TB BUCS

========

1. QB Aaron Rodgers