ATTENTION:: Mock Draft discussion thread

Green Jets & Ham

RS picks Benson RB from Texas. Now Minnesota has the best 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 punch at RB in NFL History.

Benson has a chance to be great though. Did Tice screw his old boss Denny Green here?

Then, jet80 took Cadillac for Zona. Cards need a back. So Williams is the best left on the board.

I guarentee though in real life the Cardinals will be drafting Rolle if he's around. The Cards will also end up getting their RB via free agency. If they can't get a big name, they may just say ''**** it'' and sign A-Train.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used to use Pomade until I went a stylist chick who told me it felt like a dog pissed in my hair. I miss that girl. <sigh>

Hey, RS, the Vikes have a committee of RB's. What's the deal?

Now that's funny. There used to be these brothers who grew up in Bensonhurst who we called The Cow Lick Kids. They all had a bout 8 tons of Dep Gel in their hair. By 5pm, Their hair was all white and flaky.

Now that's funny. There used to be these brothers who grew up in Bensonhurst who we called The Cow Lick Kids. They all had a bout 8 tons of Dep Gel in their hair. By 5pm, Their hair was all white and flaky.

I can't believe you remember me.

I gotta get on you Warfish. Not in that Savage69 kind of trailer park way.

Alex Smith to The Skins with a certain somebody else out there waiting for them?

Skins are stupid but not that stupid. They have money commited to Brunell and Ramsey. They can't afford to pay a Top 10 QB.

It's a gutsy move but I wouldn't do it.

Alex Smith to The Skins with a certain somebody else out there waiting for them?

Skins are stupid but not that stupid. They have money commited to Brunell and Ramsey. They can't afford to pay a Top 10 QB.

YJF, what position do you think Washington takes round 1?

Storm Shadow just killed Tuna's draft taking Merriman. I love Merriman. Not sure though if he fits Detroit's 4-3 scheme. He could at an elephant type DE position like a Charles Haley. So it makes sense. Good value pick.

The safe and predictable pick was some DE, and in reality THAT is who I would expect stodgy ol' Gibbs to select. Gibbs, in reality, would NEVER be ballsy enough to draft what he REALLY needs the most right now, a super-smart, super-accurate QB who can correctly run his short pass, run, run run offense. Smith fits Gibbs to a T...but you're right, this is MY pick if I'm there, not Gibbs.

Gibbs is also infamous for not playing young QB's.

But I stand by the pick. Washington biggest weakness right now is the Offense, and Smith makes it 10x better without any alterations IMO. Ramsey, while a good prospect still, is just not suited to Gibbs or his style of O.

Ramsey would be dealt ASAP for addtional picks in the Mid-Rounds.

The Skins look DE, DT, CB and TE the rest of this draft, all somewhat deep positions IMO.

Storm Shadow just killed Tuna's draft taking Merriman. I love Merriman. Not sure though if he fits Detroit's 4-3 scheme. He could at an elephant type DE position like a Charles Haley. So it makes sense. Good value pick.

He doesn't fit, per se, but he'll only be single blocked, as I stated in my reasoning. And, it's not like he can't float back and play the OLB in certain situations. Him rushing on the edge, while DeVries or Redding, or Edwards are taking on the tackle. And he's on a line with Hall, Rogers and Wilkenson. It'll be one hard rush to stop. And he'll be rushing all the time. Jaron doesn't blitz.

I stand corrected Warfish. I see the reasoning behind your pick. Sorry for being Mel Butt Wiper on this one.

I wouldn't make that pick. That's just me though. It's probably because I do not like the two top QB prospects in this draft.

I smell Cade McNown, Akili Smith, Tim Couch here with these two guys.

I stand corrected Warfish. I see the reasoning behind your pick. Sorry for being Mel Butt Wiper on this one.

I wouldn't make that pick. That's just me though. It's probably because I do not like the two top QB prospects in this draft.

I smell Cade McNown, Akili Smith, Tim Couch here with these two guys.

No apologies needed my friend, you are 100% right that Gibbs never makes this pick.

But it could be a great pikc IMO! :D:D

Good pick of Pollack but he's not the guy, I was thinking of for Washington.

That would be a good pick by Dallas. DP has some leadership qualities and perhaps some flexibility to play in The 3-4.

Good pick of Pollack but he's not the guy, I was thinking of for Washington.

That would be a good pick by Dallas. DP has some leadership qualities and perhaps some flexibility to play in The 3-4.

I was going to say the same thing. Parcells would stand him up in the 3-4, where I think he's best suited anyway.

Young Jets Fan....

I have to go offline for the night (unavoidable) and I would be honoured if you would take up in my absense the Redskins Draft Commander position should JetNation continue into Round 2 (I belive the Skins have a pikc in Round 2....)

Are you up for it??

The safe and predictable pick was Merriman or some other DE, and in reality THAT is who I would expect stodgy ol' Gibbs to select. Gibbs, in reality, would NEVER be ballsy enough to draft what he REALLY needs the most right now, a super-smart, super-accurate QB who can correctly run his short pass, run, run run offense. Smith fits Gibbs to a T...but you're right, this is MY pick if I'm there, not Gibbs.

Gibbs is also infamous for not playing young QB's.

But I stand by the pick. Washington biggest weakness right now is the Offense, and Smith makes it 10x better without any alterations IMO. Ramsey, while a good prospect still, is just not suited to Gibbs or his style of O.

Ramsey would be dealt ASAP for addtional picks in the Mid-Rounds.

The Skins look DE, DT, CB and TE the rest of this draft, all somewhat deep positions IMO.

I'm not sure about Smith, War.

Not his ability or talent, but Gibbs actually developing him. Gibbs won three Supes with three different QBs. Will he have the patience to develop Smith? The pick might be good for the franchise down the road, but I think Gibbs showed how he felt about developing a young QB, when he dissed Ramsey for an old, washed up Brunell. Maybe it says more about Ramsey, than it does Brunell, or Gibbs' beliefs, but will he be willing to go through another 5-11/6-10/7-9, etc season?

I'm not sure. If Smith starts, I doubt they make the playoffs, especially with Dallas and NY improving, and Philly remaining the top team in the division. If Smith sits, Washington may still have a hard time reaching .500, much less the playoffs. I think the pressure mounts and Gibbs decides to leave.

Where does that leave Smith? I think with guys like Dilfer, Delhomme, Warner, etc, teams are reluctant to risk drafting a qb high. Nice player, I just think he might be on the wrong team, or wrong situation.

Phew....My posts are getting long like YJF :D

Young Jets Fan....

I have to go offline for the night (unavoidable) and I would be honoured if you would take up in my absense the Redskins Draft Commander position should JetNation continue into Round 2 (I belive the Skins have a pikc in Round 2....)

Are you up for it??

The Redskins have a pick in round 2. Holy Eureka.

I'd love to take you up on that but I gotta leave in about 20 minutes. Thanks for the offer though.

YJF should just do the whole 2nd round himself to make up for all the mistakes we made in round 1. laugh.gif

That's a great compliment jetsfan80. Thanks.

These guys know my past draft history. I kind of think outside the box. So I'd probably get blasted.

I did predict the first 7 picks last year in the draft. My problem with mock drafts is that I pick what I think the teams will do rather than what I would do myself.

That's why getting on Warfish wasn't smart on my part.

Archived