ATTENTION:: Mock Draft discussion thread

Green Jets & Ham

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since you went nuts with the Benson pick (I think O Smith is a #1 guy) you had to go reciever there

Clayton will be a nice player, so along with Campell, Robinson, and Burleson.....Culpepper should have solid #'s again

I'd take Shawne Merriman there if I had it to do over again but IMO there was no WR worthy of being taken at #7 with Edwards and Williams off the board: Mark Clayton is the #3 guy on my WR draftboard.

It was a ROUGH pick though, look at the next 8 picks...

CEDRIC BENSON, RB, TEXAS

CADILLAC WILLIAMS, RB, AUBURN

ALEX SMITH, QB, UTAH

SHAWNE MERRIMAN, DE/OLB, Maryland

DAVID POLLACK, DE/OLB, GEORGIA

ERASMUS JAMES, DE, WISCONSIN

MARCUS SPEARS, DE, LSU

TROY WILLIAMSON , WR SOUTH CAROLINA

Two RBs, one QB, 4 ends, 3 of them with questions as to their fit in the 403, and a WR who I put below Clayton on my draft board.

Really there were three possible picks...

1) RB as BPA

2) Spears as a DT (Vikes reportedly want to move KWill to DE)

3) Shawne Merriman as DE or DE/OLB if the Vikes want to run 4-3 and 3-4 (Keep KWill inside).

We're on an editing frenzy here!

Rsherry took DeMarcus Ware, from Troy State. To be honest, it seems like kind of a reach. But, that's why there are guys who are smarter than me around. He probably knows something I don't.

It's not a reach unless they bust. :lol:

Rsherry took DeMarcus Ware, from Troy State. To be honest, it seems like kind of a reach. But, that's why there are guys who are smarter than me around. He probably knows something I don't.

With Ware and Pollard at LB and G Ellis, J Fergeson, and L Glover on the line these two pick allow dallas to go from a base 3-4 to any front they want. They can switch to a 4-3, "46" or "50" without changing personel at all. Add a vet or two to the LB core and this teams defense is pretty much all set.

Stormshadow-do not sell yourself short-I see from your posts you have much knowledge and have heard the help you give to DD.Com

Not selling myself short, just sayin that people have their plans. But, like I said, I don't know much about Ware, and doesn't seem like a first round pick. Seemed like a reach, very boom or bust. And he's from a small school, as Troy State isn't huge at all. But, the plan he set out, it seems logical.

And MJ, not a prob, just here to help.

And, I've helped with DD.com for the last two years. I just keep it on the hush just in case someone disagrees with my stuff. Not much for playing internet tough guy :lol:

Not selling myself short, just sayin that people have their plans. But, like I said, I don't know much about Ware, and doesn't seem like a first round pick. Seemed like a reach, very boom or bust. And he's from a small school, as Troy State isn't huge at all. But, the plan he set out, it seems logical.

And MJ, not a prob, just here to help.

And, I've helped with DD.com for the last two years. I just keep it on the hush just in case someone disagrees with my stuff. Not much for playing internet tough guy :lol:

I agree it is a slight reach but I can't trade down and this is what I think Dallas needs. IMO, Ware had great workout numbers and production.

I learned 1 thing from doing these over the years....Don't justify your picks to anyone...these guys should be lucky they can spell the names correctly.

:lol::lol:

Well, I appreciate the kind words from everyone. Fortunatly in the speed draft the other night picks fell to me that were good fits also. Tonight maybe I needed to reach a tiny bit. IMO I wasn't reaching far. I have seen ware go as early as the Pats. Even if this was a real live draft and I was running th Cowboys what would I do? Trade down 5 spots so someone can jump up and grab him ahead of me like New England or someone in the 2nd round also switching to the 3-4? I just don't think any other player would benefit the Cowboys like these two. jmhnso.

:lol::lol:

Well, I appreciate the kind words from everyone. Fortunatly in the speed draft the other night picks fell to me that were good fits also. Tonight maybe I needed to reach a tiny bit. IMO I wasn't reaching far. I have seen ware go as early as the Pats. Even if this was a real live draft and I was running th Cowboys what would I do? Trade down 5 spots so someone can jump up and grab him ahead of me like New England or someone in the 2nd round also switching to the 3-4? I just don't think any other player would benefit the Cowboys like these two. jmhnso.

Rsherry, you made a good pick based on Dallas's needs. LB is so weak in this draft that you MUST reach a little bit to ensure you get your type of player. Plus, Ware is pretty versatile, he can fit into any system, whether it be as a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB.

Rsherry, you made a good pick based on Dallas's needs. LB is so weak in this draft that you MUST reach a little bit to ensure you get your type of player. Plus, Ware is pretty versatile, he can fit into any system, whether it be as a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB.

I agree, plus if you run a "50" you can put Pollack and Ware over the tackles. These two would be a dynamite duo imo.

I was just sayin I didn't know who he was, so it felt like a reach... damn, I didn't know I'd cause such drama! :lol:

But, like I said, ther eare people who are smarter than me and they have their grand plans and designs.

I don't think you are causing drama. I think you are just starting good conversation. I love Ware but that is jmo of him. I saw him at the combine and the senior bowl and was extremly impressed. Also he played against lesser competition but he played DE and his stats were great 50 tackles, 10.5 sack and 4 FF. Not bad for any level of competition. Add to that he showed up at the combine at 6'4" 251 15 pounds heavier then his playing weight and timed out at around 4.6.

Gotcha, Ham. Hey, i'm also going by DraftDaddy, i got the page with the top 10 by position open, thats helpful as well.

I do that too. Also even though it is a little outdated I keep NFL.com open with the teams depth chart up.

Archived