ATTENTION:: Mock Draft discussion thread

Green Jets & Ham

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am proud of GJ&H.

That was exactly what you are supposed to. If the board falls that way. Jets have to take Barron.

I don't think that Brown and Barron get to 26. But if they do, We gotta jump on one of them.

Thank God Ham. No YoungJetFan-style busts, None of these sleeper wr's or rb's. You made the right call.

Last couple picks...

Ham took Barron for the Jets, which was a great pick. A heist, as it was called by Mr Hasty, and it fits a strong need for the Jets. And he'll come cheap.

Tom took Barnes for the Falcons and all the good tackles are gone :evil: Well, all the ones that were highly touted, anyway. It's a good pick for the Falcons, since they need to protect their running back, er QB Mike Vick.

And Smiz took Crowder, the LB from Fla, for the Chargers. My biased feelings against the Gator team aside, it seems like a good pick. He's not getting the hype that other linebackers are getting, but he could turn out to be the best of them.

Heath Miller for the Steelers could turn out to be a steal. Since they don't really go all that vertical anyway, the tight end could turn out to be a very important weapon for Big Ben. And, that might free up Mr. Ward to do what he does best, eh?

And any Felon State players are just horrible. My Michigan-ness cannot allow me to praise any FSU players. Yeah, I know Mavrik goes there. My hate of FSU goes on for decades (and makes me feel old saying so).

And we're waiting on RS's pick, again. By the time this first round is over, we'll all be old, and possibly dead :lol:

edit: I stand corrected. I'm still 23, and RS has picked. He picked Justin Tuck, who could play defensive end or the rush OLB in the 3-4 the Pats play. A very good pick, and finding good value at the end of the round. Billy boy would be proud.

Patriots consider a certain interior lineman (not the excessively fat one), and also consider some WRs and an ILB...

But ultimately elect to take an OLB in the belief that BB and Mangini can convert one of the current OLBs to an ILB, and in the belief that you can NEVER have too many guys who can pressure the passer.

Tuck's stock seems to have dropped but I haven't heard a good reason why. I'm all over him at 32.

Man... we're goin to have another overnight break... I mean, if Tom doesn't start it in lie two hours, might as well wait for the big ole mock Ham is doing (I think he's doin one). We don't wanna lay all our early round plans on the table, right?

That mock was cancelled this year ... too many no-shows and too much confusion this year ... so this is the BIG MOCK :wink:

Hey RS, I notice you didn't take my advice ... I specifically said, DON'T BUST :lol::lol:

Well Ham, I thought you were goin to just do it here, instead of at JI? Which would be more convenient. Or, we could just do a whole different one, with trades and everything. It's up to y'all, I'm a sheep... I'll do whatever :lol:

And, I thought RS's pick suited the Pats just fine. Just cause he's a ND player doesn't mean he'll bust... sheesh! :lol:

Well Ham, I thought you were goin to just do it here, instead of at JI? Which would be more convenient. Or, we could just do a whole different one, with trades and everything. It's up to y'all, I'm a sheep... I'll do whatever :lol:

Yeah, this is it ... I'm Just not running the show cause my hands hurt ... too much typing ... so TS {and others} bailed me out this year :wink:

Hmm, either that was the booze speaking or it wasn't me, I'm comfortable with Ware, Pollack, or Tuck at 32.

IMO BB would prefer to draft edge guys and rotate the vets to ILB... but that may not be an option this year.

Still, you hit the nail on the head: McGinest is going to be a bear to replace (true 4-3 DE, true 3-4 OLB), and Tuck may fit the bill.

It's not a critical need, but it's a nice piece to have.

and you really think Tuck's a bust?

You know all this Patriot crap would've never happened if it wasn't for Mo Lewis. :? :lol:

No, Tom Brady would have won the job sooner or later--- probably before the end of the 2001 season.

But probably too late for 2001, and we'd only be sitting here with TWO lombardis and not a dynasty yet...

Thanks Mo!

No, Tom Brady would have won the job sooner or later--- probably before the end of the 2001 season.

But probably too late for 2001, and we'd only be sitting here with TWO lombardis and not a dynasty yet...

Thanks Mo!

Does everyone in Patriot land actually believe that crap that Brady would've won the job? :?

How is there any truth that Billy Boy was edging this on?

Not a bad haul for the Bucs so far

With the 5th Pick we Got them QB Aaron Rodgers, now we get them Roddy White in RD 2 :wink:

They already have an exceptional young WR in Micheal Clayton, now they have a terrific young WR duo to grow with young Mr. Rodgers down in Tampa ... Michael Clayton & Roddy White :shock:

Not a bad haul for the Bucs so far

With the 5th Pick we Got them QB Aaron Rodgers, now we get them Roddy White in RD 2 :wink:

They already have an exceptional young WR in Micheal Clayton, now they have a terrific young WR duo to grow with young Mr. Rodgers down in Tampa ... Michael Clayton & Roddy White :shock:

Ham, seeing as you have a hard-on for Roddy White, I was surprised you didnt give him to Tampa Bay with the 5th pick.

No need my boy ... not when you can tab a franchise QB at #5 and then hand him Roddy White in the 2nd ... that's what seperates the Gurus {ME} from the wannabes {YOU} [-X

Right, as if Cadillac Williams to the Cards at 8 and Carlos Rogers to the Jags at 21 weren't picks of pure genius. :lol:

Ham's gettin too big for his britches again... guess we'll just have to let him in on the fact that his 'franchise' QB is going to bust greater than Ryan Leaf did! :lol:

Anyway, I'm goin to be out for the next few hours. So, if the Lions come up, either make a good pick for me Ham, YJF, or Rigs (or who ever wants the draft to move on quick. But be damned if it ain't a good pick! *shakes fist*). Or just wait til I get back. I should be back here before 3, which should give me plenty of time.

Ok... not to draft his off topic or anything, but there have been a few picks not discussed lately.

33 - San Fran(TomShane) -

David Baas, C, Michigan

34 - Cleveland(stormshadow19) -

Barrett Ruud, LB, Nebraska

35 - Philly(JamesHasty) -

Shaun Cody, DT / DE, USC

36 - Tampa Bay(GJ&Ham) -

Roddy White, WR, UAB

37 - Tennessee(TheBrodyMan) -

Ernest Shazor,S, Michigan

38 - Oakland(Richard Seymour) -

Brodney Pool- S, Oklahoma