New York Jets vs Cincinnati Bengals: The Official Gameday Thread

JetsFanFromQueens

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Camp superstar Kerley doesn't look so good on PRs this evening.

All things considered about as good as you could hope. And mostly meaningless until the 2nd teamers start bashing each other.

COuld Ian Eagle stop with the "Plaxico Burress at 6'5" is unfair". Did he learn anything else at camp?

I agree so far this guy has shown NADA.

Shotty Jr has been here since 2006. I guess you "know more" than Woody Johnson, Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan. Clueless.

Oh yeah, that was ONE HELL of a 99 yard drive that Shotty Jr just put together. 17 first half points... Not bad, not bad at all.

yeah that was all Shotty! :rolleyes:

But when Sanchez misses throws and is inaccurate as hell it's Schotty's fault? :rolleyes:

Yeah, we can play this game both ways, so let's not pretend as if this is some horribly unjust scenario, because it all depends on who you ask. Schotty apologists like to tell you how it's been 5 years worth of players fault, and he deserves absolutely no blame whatsoever for the continued mediocrity of his offensive units, and guys constantly playing worse for him, than the do anywhere else. The truth is unquestionably somewhere in the middle of it being all the OC's fault and all the player's fault. The difference though? The OC is the one who's job it is to make sure the entire unit is playing up to, and beyond, the talent level that's out on the field. Whether or not that's fair, that's what he gets paid for, and it's not something I can say we've ever seen out of his offensive units.

It's absolutely so scary to see what could come of our passing game if Burress can get back to what he was with the Giants. We'll have a really nice group of WRs, each of whom come set with their own special attributes. I'll go out on a limb and say Holmes and Burress are are best WR tandem in the NFL by seasons end.

I know it's only preseason, but at this point I'm willing to apologize for ever doubting Plax. Dude has been awesome tonight, his first time playing in over 2 and 1/2 years.

Upgrade.

Plax looks beastly. That back shoulder throw should be our bread and butter.

Truth, that should be unstoppable, just like the Holmes skinny post.

fkc.gif

NEG REPPED!

Why not post his sick catch against the Colts or his even sicker beastly td against NE, no you have to post his drop from 2 years ago.

Andwhen Cheddar Bob signs with his new team next year you same guys will be sh*tting on him! :P

Yeah, we can play this game both ways, so let's not pretend as if this is some horribly unjust scenario, because it all depends on who you ask. Schotty apologists like to tell you how it's been 5 years worth of players fault, and he deserves absolutely no blame whatsoever for the continued mediocrity of his offensive units, and guys constantly playing worse for him, than the do anywhere else. The truth is unquestionably somewhere in the middle of it being all the OC's fault and all the player's fault. The difference though? The OC is the one who's job it is to make sure the entire unit is playing up to, and beyond, the talent level that's out on the field. Whether or not that's fair, that's what he gets paid for, and it's not something I can say we've ever seen out of his offensive units.

I love how you call me a Schotty apologist proving that you have no clue what your talking about and just want to irrationally hate. I've been calling for Schotty's head since Rex was hired, I just can't stand blind hatred for no reason. Schotty sucks, I think pretty much everyone gets that but there is nothing you can do about it at this point and trying to bitch about every single play is just pointless and stupid. The organization clearly believes in the guy for some reason all we can do is some other team hires him so we don't have to deal with him anymore. However bitching about him any time something goes wrong on offense is just idiotic.

100% o-line, just awful

After the one 3rd down failure, LT seemed to be saying something not too nice to what ever OL guys were near him. Hopefully the 1st OL unit needs more reps to gether and that's all this is, the injury to Turner notwithstanding.

I love how you call me a Schotty apologist proving that you have no clue what your talking about and just want to irrationally hate. I've been calling for Schotty's head since Rex was hired, I just can't stand blind hatred for no reason. Schotty sucks, I think pretty much everyone gets that but there is nothing you can do about it at this point and trying to bitch about every single play is just pointless and stupid. The organization clearly believes in the guy for some reason all we can do is some other team hires him so we don't have to deal with him anymore. However bitching about him any time something goes wrong on offense is just idiotic.

Actually, I didn't call you anything. If I wanted to call you an apologist, I would have been very clear about that, so I'm not sure what your problem is. Maybe your problem is you just can't help but irrationally hate someone who dare disagree with you. Frankly, I just pointed out the fact that as much as you can sit here and cry about how nobody is going to give Schotty credit, there are plenty of people who never give him any blame. Whether or not you fall under either category I don't much care, but it's still true. I agree complaining about him constantly is pointless, but so is literally everything else we all discuss on this board, because none of it will ever accomplish anything. That said, it's kind of comical that you sit here and preach to people while completely contradicting yourself in back to back sentences. Is it "blind hatred for no reason" or does Schotty suck? Because I'm pretty sure Schotty sucking is a very valid reason for hating him as the Jets OC. Just saying.

I hate to say "I TOLD YOU SO" but this is what I stated before the game...

I honestly can't wait to see Plaxico Burress take the field tonight. Preseason game or not, it'll become a breath of fresh air watching Plaxico physically dominate opposing CB's.

I told you so! We just landed a freak of nature during the offseason baby! PLAXICO BURRESS!

Archived