Plaxico Burress Debut

Morrissey

Sanchez has shown a tendency to do that with his brand new targets. That's why I'm glad they're getting this out of the way during the preseason. Same crap happened the past two years upon Holmes' and Edwards' mid-season arrivals, and it certainly wasn't pretty. At this point, he needs the work with Plax (as well as Mason) a lot more than Holmes, so it's not the worst thing in the world to be doing when the games don't count.

That play where he started to scramble and tried to dump it to LT he never looked at anyone but Plax... also that dump to Holmes was awful... I saw him call that at the line and thought he was faking... I was shocked when he actually threw it there.

Other than that and a couple of over throws Sanchez looked really good.

Amen. I hope one of the coaches- like Rex - tells him to knock that off. He looks like a fool and he's got some pretty good history to back that up.

Holmes wears his visors upside down... and Mangold looks like an ape... this isnt the Yankees... Rex lets these guys express themselves... a sideways hat is nothing to worry about... unless you are a middle aged white guy who dislikes it.

Holmes wears his visors upside down... and Mangold looks like an ape... this isnt the Yankees... Rex lets these guys express themselves... a sideways hat is nothing to worry about... unless you are a middle aged white guy who dislikes it.

Disagree dude - insisting on making a statement that aligns ones self with the highest level of douchenozzle's walking the planet isn't a positive thing. And no it isn't a huge deal and you bet your azz I don't like it.

Disagree dude - insisting on making a statement that aligns ones self with the highest level of douchenozzle's walking the planet isn't a positive thing. And no it isn't a huge deal and you bet your azz I don't like it.

Sure you don't like it... that is not your style... but lets get serious... a hat being sideways is a problem? The head coach just got a gigantic tribal tat on his leg... and Sanchez is running around in tight white pants... Plax is the least of the JETS style image issues.

Amen. I hope one of the coaches- like Rex - tells him to knock that off. He looks like a fool and he's got some pretty good history to back that up.

Totally, because the direction he wears his cap totally makes a difference in his play on the field. LOL.

Seriously, who the **** cares? I care about how they play, not how absurd your opinion on fashion is.

I guess some people just can't take the fact that there's nothing negative to pick out, so they'll resort to digging up meaningless stuff, completely irrelevant to the game.

I think he played great last night. Hopefully the backs defending him were playing 100%, not sure. I've liked Plaxico ever since he had a breakout game with MSU against Michigan. I listened to the game while painting my (not yet born, now 11) son's new bedroom. Will never forget that day.

What scared me was more subtle...twisting his ballcap to the side on the bench after his TD. I think Sanchez walked by and pulled it forward..then Plax twisted it again. I like football players who are smart, and I've never met anyone into the sideways-hat look who wasn't a complete idiot.

Edit: if you know any genuinely smart people who do the sideways-hat thing, let me know. Then I'll sleep better.

I think your reading a little bit into it Jerry. I think Marck was just flirting with him.

Holmes wears his visors upside down... and Mangold looks like an ape... this isnt the Yankees... Rex lets these guys express themselves... a sideways hat is nothing to worry about... unless you are a middle aged white guy"

Sure you don't like it... that is not your style... but lets get serious... a hat being sideways is a problem? The head coach just got a gigantic tribal tat on his leg... and Sanchez is running around in tight white pants... Plax is the least of the JETS style image issues.

1.) Holmes wears his visors upside down - different deal altogether - not the "thug" look

2.) Mangold looks like an ape - Mangold looks like a beast - precisely the image he's wanting to portray as it's akin to football and he's the best center in football

3.) unless you are a middle aged white guy - how deep to you have to scrounge to make a race thing out of it? I see zillions of White, Latino, and Asian .... KIDS .... and older douches with the side cocked hat, thug look.

4.) The head coach just got a gigantic tribal tat on his leg - Fantastic! Probably only 75% or better of current NFL players have Ink. Rex getting some addition shows solidarity - another reason he's a great coach.

5.) Sanchez is running around in tight white pants - if you got the money Sanchez got for wearing those pants - you'd burn yours.

I think Plax had a great game last night, especially considering he had been away for a long time. I don't think it would be out of the question for Rex to ask Plax to pick another fashion statement ... perhaps one that wouldn't be associated with the thug or gangsta image. I don't think that's what the sport is trying to get across to kids.

Totally, because the direction he wears his cap totally makes a difference in his play on the field. LOL.

Seriously, who the **** cares? I care about how they play, not how absurd your opinion on fashion is.

I guess some people just can't take the fact that there's nothing negative to pick out, so they'll resort to digging up meaningless stuff, completely irrelevant to the game.

Sorry to make fun of the way you wear your ball cap

The only downside (and I think it was just to get things going... I hope) was Sanchez got caught ignoring other options for Plax a few times... but that can be fixed...

The play that he threw to Plax in the endzone, after the INT by Smith...was a perfect example of this. Holmes was wide open and he didnt even look. Holmes was running his famous skinny post, had a LB one on one (because coverage rolled to Plax) and Sanchez forced it to Plax instead of a wide open TD to Holmes. Definitely fixable.

How on earth do watch pro-sports then? 90% of the players are just like him.

1.) Holmes wears his visors upside down - different deal altogether - not the "thug" look

2.) Mangold looks like an ape - Mangold looks like a beast - precisely the image he's wanting to portray as it's akin to football and he's the best center in football

3.) unless you are a middle aged white guy - how deep to you have to scrounge to make a race thing out of it? I see zillions of White, Latino, and Asian .... KIDS .... and older douches with the side cocked hat, thug look.

4.) The head coach just got a gigantic tribal tat on his leg - Fantastic! Probably only 75% or better of current NFL players have Ink. Rex getting some addition shows solidarity - another reason he's a great coach.

5.) Sanchez is running around in tight white pants - if you got the money Sanchez got for wearing those pants - you'd burn yours.

I think Plax had a great game last night, especially considering he had been away for a long time. I don't think it would be out of the question for Rex to ask Plax to pick another fashion statement ... perhaps one that wouldn't be associated with the thug or gangsta image. I don't think that's what the sport is trying to get across to kids.

Since when does wearing your cap to the side mean you're a thug? Because it's popular on MTV or whatever? Because some rappers do it? You're buying into that crap as if it means anything at all, beyond the youth imitating what they see on TV... granted Burress is 34, it ain't like he's an old man. It's just fashion and doesn't make a damn bit of difference in the game. I don't give a sh*t if Burress comes to the game wearing a giant penis on his head, if he catches balls, he's good in my book.

Since when does wearing your cap to the side mean you're a thug? Because it's popular on MTV or whatever? Because some rappers do it? You're buying into that crap as if it means anything at all, beyond the youth imitating what they see on TV... granted Burress is 34, it ain't like he's an old man. It's just fashion and doesn't make a damn bit of difference in the game. I don't give a sh*t if Burress comes to the game wearing a giant penis on his head, if he catches balls, he's good in my book.

Since I started this, I might as well explain a bit.

People can wear a hat however they like. I've just never seen anyone into the offset-hat thing who could spell. If University engineering departments are full of crooked hats, sweet.

If Plax wants to do it, that's fine. It's just disappointing because it means there's a high-percentage chance the man isn't too bright. And intellect, to me, is the difference between good players and great ones.

People can wear a hat however they like. I've just never seen anyone into the offset-hat thing who could spell. If University engineering departments are full of crooked hats, sweet.

If Plax wants to do it, that's fine. It's just disappointing because it means there's a high-percentage chance the man isn't too bright. And intellect, to me, is the difference between good players and great ones.

This just in. Anyone who's ever worn a sideways cap is dumb since everyone this guy has seen isn't bright by his standards. It's a professionalism thing. College professors do not wear hats at all, because it's not professional when teaching a class. It's not because they're too smart for it. They have a professional image to maintain. I've seen tons of people, many of whom are intelligent and some of the most successful people in the world, wear their hats like that. I think it has to do more with age and fashion sense, than IQ. You probably think rap music is completely unintelligent as well. I bet you think anyone who listens to hip hop is by your definition, "not smart", simply because it doesn't appeal to you and you don't understand the culture. :lol: Sideways hats started as a form of rebellion and standing up against oppression. It's a lot deeper than you think, but nowadays it's mostly about fashion.

In football, professional fashion means nothing. Talent and ability does.

I mean look at Lady Gaga. She's one of the most creative and musically gifted people of our time and she wears some sh*t that makes me scratch my head. Does that mean she's dumb? Nope, it means she knows how to sell. In Plax's case, he's probably just trying to look cool.

Intelligence and fashion = not related.

Based on how he wears his hat??? Really???

This is too funny.

I think I've see you mentioned you're kids are pretty young, so you havent had any go to college yet...if you think wearing your hat sideways = dumb and cant spell - what you are going to think when the smartest kid in your kids class has black eye liner and piercings that connect his tongue to his dick? lol

You couldnt count the amount of students at a major public university wearing their hat side ways that are far more intelligent than you or I.

Its a fashion, albeit an extremely cheesy and silly looking fashion, but a fashion nonetheless which has no bearing on ones intelligence.

Before Plaxico got banged up, Darrelle Revis made it known that he's never seen a player, of Plaxico's size, as quick as Plaxico is. I guess you seen the same types of things out of Burress tonight that Revis seen in practice. Which was QUICKNESS.

We gotta thank the Jets front office on this one. We just STOLE Burress away from the entire league.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2007/10/06/2007-10-06_plaxico_burress_could_school_jets_rookie.html

Burress went on to catch 5 for 124 and a TD....on route to a SB. yup...lol

Archived