We've all asked for Sanchez to improve his accuracy and decision making... That he's done thus far.

JetsFanFromQueens

Against the Texans Sanchez went 6/7 43 yards, 0 TD's / 0 INT's with a QB rating of 92.3

Against the Bengals, Sanchez just went 12/20 173 yards, 2 TD's / 0 INT's with a QB rating of 121.5

Granted it's only been two preseason games, but I'd have to say that Sanchez is heading into his 3rd season on the right track. He's most definitely made plenty of progress since the raw rookie we seen take the field back in 2009. Maybe these reports I've read around here, from Jet fans, saying that Sanchez is heading into his breakout season will, in due time, prevail to become true before we know it.

Against the Texans and Bengals, Sanchez has gone 18/27, 216 yards, 2 TD's / 0 INT's in just about 3 quarters of play. Those stat lines are pretty impressive. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a completion percentage of 66.6 % with an average QB rating of 106.9? He's impressed.

On a side note, what about the performance of Plaxico Burress tonight? Was that not remarkable or what? I couldn't help but smile watching Burress come up with impact plays. This has to be considered as the main story surrounding the Jets 27-7 victory over the Bengals. "The return of Plaxico Burress".

It's no secret that he's been away from the game of football for over two years, he just turned 34 years of age earlier this month, but is there still any questions in regards to Burress still being able to play the game of football at a high level of play? I believe he answered those questions tonight. He was deadly out there. Burress stated the other day, during a practice, that he still feels he's one of the best WR's in today's game. I'll tell you what, after his performance tonight, I'm starting to believe this man. He seems focused as ever. 3 receptions for 66 yards to go along with a TD in the end zone was something to be proud of. That's more than just impressive considering the fact that he's not only missed most of training camp, but also hasn't played in a live game since November 16th of 2008.

We all hated watching Jerricho Cotchery have some success with Pittsburgh the other night. After watching what Plaxico could still do tonight, how do you think fans of the Giants are feeling as of right now? Cotchery has never been on the same playing field as Burress. I'd guess NY Giant fans feel disgusted right about now.

Welcome to the Jets Plaxico. Hopefully he'll help Sanchez develope into something special.

We all hated watching Jerricho Cotchery have some success with Pittsburgh the other night. After watching what Plaxico could still do tonight, how do you think fans of the Giants are feeling as of right now? Cotchery has never been on the same playing field as Burress. I'd guess NY Giant fans feel disgusted right about now.

Why should Giants fans be disgusted? They cut the guy. They have a ton of solid bodies at WR. If they wanted to keep him they shouldn't have tried to rob him of his signing bonus. If I were a Giants fan I would be more upset about letting Steve Smith walk.

Archived