DId LB Aaron Maybin play good?

BornJetsFan1983

I missed the game but while reading saw some ESPN game notes:

LB Aaron Maybin, a former Buffalo first-round bust signed last week by the Jets, had a sack and a forced fumble.

REALLY?!! i know preseason and all that but did he n one game like a week on the team produce more than three years of Gholston?? Some one please tell me how the kid played. Was it scheme or did he really show up and look like he could be a decent back up and/or make the team?

He was playing against a second or third string tackle but he quickly beat him to the edge and turned the corner and hit the Bengal's QB hard in the back and forced him to fumble. Cincy recovered but it made me hope that one day he would do that to Brady! It was more than I saw out of Ghoulston the whole time he was here.

He was playing against a second or third string tackle but he quickly beat him to the edge and turned the corner and hit the Bengal's QB hard in the back and forced him to fumble. Cincy recovered but it made me hope that one day he would do that to Brady! It was more than I saw out of Ghoulston the whole time he was here.

That's fantastic news. I didn't see that.

The one thing you noticed from the first time the kid stepped on the field, is if nothing else he's got one hell of a first step. Whether or not he can put it all together and do anything against starters is certainly a question, but I saw more raw talent out of him last night than I did in 3 years from Gholston. I still wouldn't count on much of anything out of him, but given the extremely low risk involved for the Jets, it's a nice thing to see.

I really think Aaron could get some regular season sacks for us. Speed like that hasnt been seen on this team since Jon Abe. Maybin can make a QB step up into the pocket when he gets behind him on a speed rush, causing our DLine to collapse on the QB. QB's get giddy when they sense someone behind them unblocked and out of their own realm of visibility. Abe used to wreak havoc that way.

Archived