There can be only one consolation for this train wreck

Green Jets & Ham

Ham, it's early I know. But what do you think is the LATEST that he would possibly go.

Best case scenario he stays on the board for how long? I know I am putting you on the spot...but hey that's what makes it all fun!

Ham, it's early I know. But what do you think is the LATEST that he would possibly go.

Best case scenario he stays on the board for how long? I know I am putting you on the spot...but hey that's what makes it all fun!

Max, the TOP 3 Players are already considered by most as a mortal lock ... it's only the order that may vary from person to person or team to team ... so in that respect the LATEST Bush would Go is 3rd Overall

Those three players are listed below

RB Reggie Bush

QB Matt Leinert

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

That is also my precise order of preference for the Jets

Max I dont think it matters whether or not he will go 1 or 2 since I believe we will end the in dead last... Seriously I hate to say it but we have the worst football team in the National football league

I think they are going to beat New Orleans, I really do. If they lose that one....I agree, they could definitely lose out.

Scary thought.

Max, the TOP 3 Players are already considered by most as a mortal lock ... it's only the order that may vary from person to person or team to team ... so in that respect the LATEST Bush would Go is 3rd Overall

Those three players are listed below

RB Reggie Bush

QB Matt Leinert

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

That is also my precise order of preference for the Jets

One more Ham...

You are the Jets. You have the # 1. Do you take one of those 3 or trade for more picks?

A case can be made for all 4 options! That is how much we suck, lol.

One more Ham...

You are the Jets. You have the # 1. Do you take one of those 3 or trade for more picks?

A case can be made for all 4 options! That is how much we suck, lol.

If I have the #1 Overall Pick I take the phone off the hook ... not even entertaining offers ... I'm writing the name "Reggie Bush" on my card, then bolting to the podium like Carl Lewis

This kid is possesses Jaw Dropping skills ... Mike Ditka said he reminds him of Gale Sayers ... say that about any other college kid and it's herasy, but the craziest thing about that statement is that it doesn't seem crazy at all ... when you watch this kid play football {like he was shot out of a cannon}, it doesn't sound the least bit crazy

You can tell the patriots fans have piss running down their legs when they think of Reggie Bush on the Jets running through the patriots defense all day long.

We have to get Reggie Bush. We've gone this far in sucking, winning makes no difference now, lose-out and get the #1 pick. Draft Reggie Bush.

Here's to hoping Aaron Brooks has a big day sunday night and the Saints win.

(I say all this now, but on gameday I know I will be rooting for the Jets to win :lol: )

You can tell the patriots fans have piss running down their legs when they think of Reggie Bush on the Jets running through the patriots defense all day long.

barton, how does it feel discussing the #1 draft pick BEFORE Thanksgiving?

There are 6 more games to go in this season.

I thought you said the Jets were going to the Super Bowl this year? :shock:

barton, how does it feel discussing the #1 draft pick BEFORE Thanksgiving?

There are 6 more games to go in this season.

I thought you said the Jets were going to the Super Bowl this year? :shock:

Sorry, I wasnt expecting Testaverde to start more games than Chad Pennington! :?

It'll feel good in April when we have a high draft pick and build for the future, while the pats team core continues to age and fall apart.

We have to get Reggie Bush. We've gone this far in sucking, winning makes no difference now, lose-out and get the #1 pick. Draft Reggie Bush.

(I say all this now, but on gameday I know I will be rooting for the Jets to win :lol: )

I'm not the least bit worried because....

1. I honestly don't believe Bush will amount to anything in the NFL. The Patriots need a new RB and I don't want the Patriots to have anything to do with him.

2. Even if he winds up being good, look at your o line. Barry Sanders would look like Curtis Martin behind that o line.

3. Bradway will draft another kicker in the first round because Nugent sucks hippopotamus testicles.

while the pats team core continues to age and fall apart.

Please explain that to me. :shock:

Have you watched your steroid-induced, injury prone TE this year? Did you see his performance last week?

Or what about Kazcur and Mankins protecting Brady's blind side?

Or better yet, what about Ellis Hobbs?

Yep, the Pats "core" team is ready to fall apart. :shock:

1. I honestly don't believe Bush will amount to anything in the NFL. The Patriots need a new RB and I don't want the Patriots to have anything to do with him.

I agree with you Husker.

The dude is smaller then Vilma and will never be able to handle a 16-game NFL season.

Kinda like PennyBoyWonder.

I'll be rooting for the Jets to lose on Sunday nite, with all of my heart

I'm not the least bit ashamed to admit it

IMO the only possible consolation for this train wreck of a season is Reggie Bush ... or at the very least a TOP 3 Pick {i.e. Bush, Leinert or Brick}

If that doesn't happen, this will officially be the worst season in Jets history ... worse than 1-15 because at least that disaster produced Keyshawn Johnson who helped us to turn things around ... much as I can't stomach the guy, I admit he was a big part of righting the ship

If this absolute debacle of a season does not produce likewise, IMO it's the worst season in Jets history ... a complete nightmare ... we will have WON JUST ENOUGH to not secure one of the most coveted players in the draft, and LOST MORE THAN ENOUGH to make this season an unmitigated disaster

Perfect Scenario would be the following

1- Jets

2- 49ers

3- Texans

Texans cut ties with Carr, trade up with the Jets to grab Leinart, the 49ers grab Ferguson to protect Alex Smith, the Jets get Reggie Bush and add another high 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Dare to dream. :D:D:D

Perfect Scenario would be the following

1- Jets

2- 49ers

3- Texans

Texans cut ties with Carr, trade up with the Jets to grab Leinart, the 49ers grab Ferguson to protect Alex Smith, the Jets get Reggie Bush and add another high 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Dare to dream. :D:D:D

Jets

Texans

49ers

Jets trade for Carr and the # 2 pick. Jets end up with Carr and Bush next season.

It will never happen I know. But I am not ready to write Carr off just yet. Too many QBs struggle and rebound later on in life...Gannon, Plummer, hell even Vinny.

Please explain that to me. :shock:

Have you watched your steroid-induced, injury prone TE this year? Did you see his performance last week?

Or what about Kazcur and Mankins protecting Brady's blind side?

Or better yet, what about Ellis Hobbs?

Yep, the Pats "core" team is ready to fall apart. :shock:

Ok so now Kazcur goes from a turnstile to ogden overnight? You your self said both mankins and kaczur are horrible pass protecters.

How about your defense? OR lack of defense. McGinest, Bruschi psst, vrabel. You're team cant stop the run. Only player on that defense worth 2 looks at his richard seymour, the rest blow or are really past their prime.

And yes alk, I'm sure you wouldnt want reggie bush on the patriots....

yes! david carr a jet! thats genius! i mean only reason hes horrible in houston is because they have no o-line, it will be GREAT in new york!

lol...come on...guys, most of you arent going to agree with this...but im rooting for the jets to pull out 2-3 wins not only cuz i want us to win, but so we get the 4th overall pick and basically HAVE to trade down for more picks..b/c there will be some franchise that will take the 4th overall...draft the kid out of memphis at rb later, and o-line, o-line, d-line, and maybe MAYBE a qb

besides...vince young is going to be a better pro qb than lienart, so who wants to waste a #2 overall on him?

Isn't there one more Manning left?

BZ

Forget the Mannings (yes, there is one more) but what about a guy with these blood lines :wink:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/moore/247792_moore10.html

Go 2 Guy: Oregon turns over a new Leaf

By JIM MOORE

SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER COLUMNIST

Same height, uniform number, last name and position, but there's one big difference between Ryan Leaf and Brady Leaf -- little brother is a hell of a lot better interview than big brother these days.

Ryan Leaf doesn't speak to the media or play football anymore but is expected to be at Martin Stadium Saturday night to watch Brady Leaf's Oregon Ducks play the Cougars.

It will be a special night for Brady Leaf, who said he watched his brother play "more than a couple dozen" games at Martin Stadium, which would be impossible since Ryan Leaf left after his junior season, but if he's off on his math, I can relate -- it seems as if the Cougs have blown more than a couple dozen games this year when it's actually been three dozen.

"It's gonna be great," Brady Leaf said. "I've always dreamed about playing in that stadium."

Last Saturday Leaf led Oregon to the game-winning touchdown against Cal in overtime. He will flip-flop snap-taking duties with Dennis Dixon, both of whom were backups until Kellen Clemens broke his ankle three weeks ago at Arizona.

If Leaf always dreamed of playing at Martin Stadium, I wondered why he didn't go to Washington State, since the Cougars recruited him. Then he could have lived the dream five or six times a year and experienced this year's nightmare first-hand.

"Because my cousin (Matt Kegel) and brother went there, I wanted to take a different path," he said. "My brother and family didn't pressure me to go anywhere. Oregon seemed like the right place for me."

As for Ryan, Leaf said he finished school and got his degree last spring from WSU, memorably taking a sports management class called "Media Relations." Now the former Coug great and biggest bust in NFL history thinks about getting into coaching while spending most of the fall hunting in Montana.

I didn't ask which level, high school or college, or what he was shooting, feathered or furry, but Brady Leaf said Ryan Leaf is doing well.

"He's happy with his life now. He loved football -- college football. The NFL and him didn't get along too well."

Leaf said he tries to block out negative fan comments but knows it will be difficult Saturday, saying: "I'm sure I'll catch a lot of lip at Wazzu."

Archived