Scotty McKnight

TNJet

So I havent seen Scotty at all yet in the preseason. Seems like they'd atleast let him in on special teams or something. Its weird but this kid could have better hands than Campbell, the guy who dropped the td in game 1. Why isnt he getting in there at all?

So I havent seen Scotty at all yet in the preseason. Seems like they'd atleast let him in on special teams or something. Its weird but this kid could have better hands than Campbell, the guy who dropped the td in game 1. Why isnt he getting in there at all?

Yeah, really starting to look like they used a 7th rounder to give Mark's buddy a chance to say he was drafted by an NFL team before he moves on to whatever his next venture is. I thought maybe they believed he could play a little bit but I haven't even heard anyone say his name in a couple months. He'll probably get on the field for the final pre-season game when the guys that'll actually be on the 53 get as much rest as possible. JMO.

I'm a tad annoyed he may be taking Patrick Turner's spot on the final 53, as I doubt we carry more than 5 WR's.

I think Turner makes the team and the Jets carry 6 WRs with Payne being purely a STemer

As to McKnight, he's not making the team. Still don't understand why Hayden Panettiere is dating him. That's a homeless man Kim K and Chris Humphries

I'm a tad annoyed he may be taking Patrick Turner's spot on the final 53, as I doubt we carry more than 5 WR's.

I don't think he has a chance to make the final 53. As Tn pointed out I don't think he has taken a snap yet in a game.

I'm actually surprised. I thought he was a better WR. Maybe the PS

I did actually catch him out on the field last week, because I remember specifically realizing it was the first time I had seen him in a game. Of course he didn't do anything, but he was out there. The interesting thing is that early in camp the reports were actually positive about his play, so who knows what the hell has happened. I'd say there's no chance he makes the final 53, but I'd say he's got a decent shot at the PS. That said, I think there's a rule in the NFL that would restrict the Jets from keeping all of Payne, DePalma and McWhite on the team / practice squad at the same time. That's just too many white WRs.

I did actually catch him out on the field last week, because I remember specifically realizing it was the first time I had seen him in a game. Of course he didn't do anything, but he was out there. The interesting thing is that early in camp the reports were actually positive about his play, so who knows what the hell has happened. I'd say there's no chance he makes the final 53, but I'd say he's got a decent shot at the PS. That said, I think there's a rule in the NFL that would restrict the Jets from keeping all of Payne, DePalma and McWhite on the team / practice squad at the same time. That's just too many white WRs.

Your right about the early positive camp reports. Then nothing. I wonder if they have decided to hide this guy for the PS. Not likely but possible

You really think we'll cut one of our 2011 draft picks, especially one Sanchez makes out with on the reg?

Jets 7th round picks actually fail to make the roster on a fairly regular basis. They seem to mostly just treat them as high-priority UDFAs and don't let the pick affect their decision-making. I think he's nearly a lock to stick around throughout the rest of preseason, get cut loose in the final cutdowns and then tossed onto the PS. Nobody else is going to come after him, so there's no point in wasting a roster spot on him while they can still keep him around.

I saw him out there the first week too. Not much, but he was there. Most interesting thing to me was that Campbell was still one of the first guys out there even after he sucked week 1. I haven't seen Courtney Smith and I was interested to see what he had. I'm not in love with Logan Payne like some of you guys, but he's done a decent job as the gunner.

Archived