Jeremy Kerley

visajets

Of course but arent the NYJETS trying to establish a 53 man roster. This is where the team is built from preseason. So far I havent seen a thing from this kid.

Cut him.

If you havent seen anything from him in 2 preseason games, then I trust your judgement. He'll be a total waste of a roster space.

Brad Smith 2 preseason games into his career, was a straight baller. Clearly knew he'd be unstoppable.

Cut him.

If you havent seen anything from him in 2 preseason games, then I trust your judgement. He'll be a total waste of a roster space.

Brad Smith 2 preseason games into his career, was a straight baller. Clearly knew he'd be unstoppable.

+1 :lol:

Cut him.

Actually Brad Smith busted a 60 plus punt return for touchdown against the Skins in the pre-season of his rookie year. I know it cause I went out and ordered Little Sal a B Smith jersey to wear to my wedding.

Cut him.

Lets be serious they arent going to cut this kid. He needs to step it up in the next 2 preseason games.

Actually Brad Smith busted a 60 plus punt return for touchdown against the Skins in the pre-season of his rookie year. I know it cause I went out and ordered Little Sal a B Smith jersey to wear to my wedding.

He was returning kicks his rookie year over Leon? Really? I dont remember that at all. I trust you since it has sentimental value, but I really thought he was the lead blocker for Leon on kick offs.

Lets be serious they arent going to cut this kid. He needs to step it up in the next 2 preseason games.

True, they're not going to cut a guy they traded up for. Trade?

How in the world can we possibly count on this guy to replace Brad Smith's 4 receptions, right? Smith was horridly awful as a WR, that's not even debatable. Even if Kerley hasn't yet lived up to the hype, he has already looked better than that.

Who the hell is talking about receptions?

I was referring to his kick returns. Please discuss the topic and keep the hate to yourselves.

Hard to discuss the topic when the topic is silly at this point.

Two preseason games. His punt and kickoff returns have been OK but nothing special.

He was probably over hyped in camp. So what?.

Nothing else really to talk about

Hard to discuss the topic when the topic is silly at this point.

Two preseason games. His punt and kickoff returns have been OK but nothing special.

He was probably over hyped in camp. So what?.

Nothing else really to talk about

I disagree. Field position is an important part of the game. We traded up for Kerley knowing we wouldnt be resigning Brad Smith. So far he hasnt shown any flashes of being the adequate replacement.

I was referring to his kick returns. Please discuss the topic and keep the hate to yourselves.

You do realize that you never once actually said anything about kick returns anywhere in this entire thread, right? So maybe you're the one who needs to cut the attitude, bub.

If your big concern is kick returns then I don't even know what to tell you. Not even taking into consideration the rule change, Kerley has been fine on KRs. Do you realize the kid has been averaging over 30 yards per return so far this preseason? I'm not sure what more you're really looking for, unless you're already expecting him to have broken off returns for TDs within his first two preseason games. Meanwhile, the immortal Brad Smith isn't even returning kicks for the Bills. Not to mention, Kerley is also returning punts, which Smith was never able to do for the Jets.

I'm not judging anyone on kick offs. The new rule is stupid.

His punt returns have been fine. I cant knock him for last game when their punter was literally booming kicks over his head in a monsoon.

Whether it was Chad Morton, Jonathan Carter, Justin Miller, Leon Washington, Brad Smith or Cro - we always get solid production from our kick returners.

I see nothing that says Kerley wont be as good or worse than any of them in his first 2 preseason games of his career.

You do realize that you never once actually said anything about kick returns anywhere in this entire thread, right? So maybe you're the one who needs to cut the attitude, bub.

If your big concern is kick returns then I don't even know what to tell you. Not even taking into consideration the rule change, Kerley has been fine on KRs. Do you realize the kid has been averaging over 30 yards per return so far this preseason? I'm not sure what more you're really looking for, unless you're already expecting him to have broken off returns for TDs within his first two preseason games. Meanwhile, the immortal Brad Smith isn't even returning kicks for the Bills. Not to mention, Kerley is also returning punts, which Smith was never able to do for the Jets.

Thank you bubba. This is the type of discussion I expect from you not the bullsh*t hate nonsense. I didnt realize he was averaging over 30 yards a kickoff this preseason. The new kickoff rule has changed everything.

I'm not judging anyone on kick offs. The new rule is stupid.

His punt returns have been fine. I cant knock him for last game when their punter was literally booming kicks over his head in a monsoon.

Whether it was Chad Morton, Jonathan Carter, Justin Miller, Leon Washington, Brad Smith or Cro - we always get solid production from our kick returners.

I see nothing that says Kerley wont be as good or worse than any of them in his first 2 preseason games of his career.

Agreed Westhoff always gets the best out of his special teamers.

Kerley seems to have the moves and mobility. He just has trouble making catches in traffic. It's not necessarily his fault. The passes he's missed haven't exactly been easy grabs and some were very close.

I must be watching a different Kerley, because the one I've watched has been pretty good.

I think he's looked pretty good, but I think the problem is the kid has gotten so hyped up that a lot of Jets fans suddenly got these completely unrealistic expectations of what they were going to see right away out of a 5th round pick. It's easy to get caught up in the hype, particularly for a young guy at a play-making type position. The team clearly loves this kid, but I don't think they're expecting him to be tearing it up all over the field from day one. There's going to be a learning curve. After all, there's reasons why every team, including the Jets, passed on him numerous times until he went in the 5th.

Thank you bubba. This is the type of discussion I expect from you not the bullsh*t hate nonsense. I didnt realize he was averaging over 30 yards a kickoff this preseason. The new kickoff rule has changed everything.

So what did you realize, then?

31.8, with a long of 34 on 4 returns. Incredibly consistent, and consistently very good. Good for #3 in the league out of players with 3 or more returns: http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=KICK_RETURNS&conference=0011&season=2011&seasonType=PRE

He's also averaging 7.5 yards on punt returns.

But a fifth round pick had a rough night in the rain. Just End The Season.

So what did you realize, then?

31.8, with a long of 34 on 4 returns. Incredibly consistent, and consistently very good. Good for #3 in the league out of players with 3 or more returns: http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=KICK_RETURNS&conference=0011&season=2011&seasonType=PRE

He's also averaging 7.5 yards on punt returns.

But a fifth round pick had a rough night in the rain. Just End The Season.

I didnt realize that was his average in preseason. It didnt seem that he was doing that decent.

I didnt realize that was his average in preseason. It didnt seem that he was doing that decent.

I think every one of his KOR's has been over 30 yards. Or at least very close. You wouldn't've seen a bad one.

Great thread, though.

I wish more people would start threads based on nothing. Where is Plusone when you need him?

In case you missed it I ended my post with. DISCUSS

Id much rather discuss NYJETS football than the other bullsh*t. Do you openly criticize those threads as well?

Archived