What preparations will make for the hurricane

visajets

Stock up on toilet paper and milk. That's what my uncle keeps telling me.

It's so early to tell, isn't there a chance it completely misses us or alters direction?

Problem is if a hurricne hits you wont have alot of time to prepare unless you start now. Im not saying go crazy just be prepared. People who run out before a snow storm for bread and milk acting like roads wobt be plowed for days amuse the hell out of me.

The potential is real for the strongest hurricane hit on the Northeast in at least a couple decades this weekend!

Yes and it will pack winds that we saw last weekend... it is not like a cat 5 is coming... it will be 40-50mph winds and a bunch of rain... nothing special.

im considering buying gold in preparation for the hurricane

That was cute, however this is a weather hurricane, not an economic one. I know you're excited to exchange your paper for wealth but this is the time to buy food if you havent done so already like me who has a years worth in my house along with a portable kerosene oven. that'll keep you from joining everyone else at the supermarket rubbing elbows to buy whats left, if any, and only what you can carry (just a few days worth) and it'll have you avoid the potential of having the electricity go out and the 6 days worth of food you just purchased goes bad on you in 3 because you have no fridge. Or if the gas lines are damaged you cant cook because you dont have an oven that works.

Preparation my dear Bit. Dont wait for the problem to come to you. ;)

That was cute, however this is a weather hurricane, not an economic one. I know you're excited to exchange your paper for wealth but this is the time to buy food if you havent done so already like me who has a years worth in my house along with a portable kerosene oven. that'll keep you from joining everyone else at the supermarket rubbing elbows to buy whats left, if any, and only what you can carry (just a few days worth) and it'll have you avoid the potential of having the electricity go out and the 6 days worth of food you just purchased goes bad on you in 3 because you have no fridge. Or if the gas lines are damaged you cant cook because you dont have an oven that works.

Agreed I have a propane stove with plenty of tanks on hand and a generator that will keep the refrigerator and freezer running.

Agreed I have a propane stove with plenty of tanks on hand and a generator that will keep the refrigerator and freezer running.

Thats whats up.

This is exactly why Im stressing to get out of the city. I dont have a generator, on top of the fact that there are too many people in such a small space.

Once im finally out of the city, generators and solar panels.

Thats whats up.

This is exactly why Im stressing to get out of the city. I dont have a generator, on top of the fact that there are too many people in such a small space.

Once im finally out of the city, generators and solar panels.

And plenty of weapons with plenty of ammo :D

I'm stocking up on Kleenex. Why? Because if my basement floods again I will cry a river. One of the worst experiences of my life was cleaning up after the last (and first) flooded basement of my life over a year ago. The prospect of shoveling, sweeping and pumping knee deep water out of my basement is stressing me out right now. The thought of having to purchase another dryer (damaged beyond repair the last time) makes me cringe.

little_girl_crying_600-02038130.jpg

Pulling my boat. Between the new moon high tide and the hurricane there is going to be one hell of a high tide surge of water. They're calling for 5-8' waves in the Raritan Bay right now. There's a possibility the floating docks will go right over the pilings, meaning I'll be looking all over Keyport in people's yards for my boat once the storm is gone. Unless of course it ends up floating out to see.

Pulling my boat. Between the new moon high tide and the hurricane there is going to be one hell of a high tide surge of water. They're calling for 5-8' waves in the Raritan Bay right now. There's a possibility the floating docks will go right over the pilings, meaning I'll be looking all over Keyport in people's yards for my boat once the storm is gone. Unless of course it ends up floating out to see.

I never think of situations like that. It must suck for people who own boats. Where the hell do you put it? lol.

I never think of situations like that. It must suck for people who own boats. Where the hell do you put it? lol.

Gonna be putting it next to my house on the side where there's no trees........If I manage to have enough room to maneuver it there. I used to put my smaller boat there before I had a slip, but now with the big one I have to back it halfway in the driveway, cut it around a lightpole, then cut it again the opposite way around the house. If there's not enough room for my truck to clear the light pole before the boat reaches the house I'm screwed.

Gonna be putting it next to my house on the side where there's no trees........If I manage to have enough room to maneuver it there. I used to put my smaller boat there before I had a slip, but now with the big one I have to back it halfway in the driveway, cut it around a lightpole, then cut it again the opposite way around the house. If there's not enough room for my truck to clear the light pole before the boat reaches the house I'm screwed.

Good luck with that. You'll get it done. Hopefully this hurricane isnt too bad. It'll be cool though to say that im a New Yorker and I survived a hurricane and earthquake in the same week! lol.

You ever see the Twilight Zone where the guy built the bomb shelter? He was the only one safe when he needed it. Except he told everyone about it so the neighborhood attacked him when they needed it.

You might want to stop broadcasting how prepared you are. :D

I'm stocking up on Kleenex. Why? Because if my basement floods again I will cry a river. One of the worst experiences of my life was cleaning up after the last (and first) flooded basement of my life over a year ago. The prospect of shoveling, sweeping and pumping knee deep water out of my basement is stressing me out right now. The thought of having to purchase another dryer (damaged beyond repair the last time) makes me cringe.

little_girl_crying_600-02038130.jpg

Agreed, it is a very stressful thing when that happens. Good luck!

I live about 1 mile from the Raritan Bay. It is such a calm bay that when there are storms like this I always head down there just to watch it. That Mother Nature can be pretty powerful.

Good luck with that. You'll get it done. Hopefully this hurricane isnt too bad. It'll be cool though to say that im a New Yorker and I survived a hurricane and earthquake in the same week! lol.

Hopefully you survive the looting as well. :)

You ever see the Twilight Zone where the guy built the bomb shelter? He was the only one safe when he needed it. Except he told everyone about it so the neighborhood attacked him when they needed it.

You might want to stop broadcasting how prepared you are. :D

True, though I'd take the chance though...because if you dont express something as important as preparedness to inspire others around you then you're just as guilty as them. I got my level of understanding from the people who took the chance of telling me that they have a bomb shelter. Doesnt mean that they walked me to their house, lifted up the secret compartment and let me walk in. lol

But if there's one person on your website who says, "this villain dude isnt half as crazy as I thought he was"....then thats a good deed that I've done.

Now go out and get some food before the storm comes sir...unless you have some sort of bomb shelter! :)

Ever hear of thing called a sump pump?

Archived