Giants-Jets changed to sat 2 PM

visajets

Me thinks this game will be postponed.

I don't know about that, the real bad weather isn't supposed to hit the area until Sunday. There will be some rain storms, but shouldn't be anything too severe, and not any worse than what the Jets had to deal with last weekend. Saturday is probably going to be better than any day they'd try to reschedule it to.

I don't know about that, the real bad weather isn't supposed to hit the area until Sunday. There will be some rain storms, but shouldn't be anything too severe, and not any worse than what the Jets had to deal with last weekend. Saturday is probably going to be better than any day they'd try to reschedule it to.

I thought we were getting hit hard on Saturday night.

Hope it's not postponed but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Wouldn't be unprecedented, though. There was a Giants-Jets preseason game back in, I wanna say 1975 or 1976, that I had tickets for at Yankee Stadium which was postponed by a hurricane. I believe they played it a day or two later.

As a kid, I remember being really bummed the night it was postponed, although we did go to the game when it was played. Joe Willie (me and the real one) in Yankee Stadium, pretty cool.

Yeah, if anything the move would be to play it on Friday, or earlier on Saturday. In the immediate aftermath, people might have other things on their minds - and no electricity.

Living here facing the ocean has its benefits. This is not one of them.

If you want a really good site to follow your storm go here www.weatherunderground.com Site is much better then what you will get on TV. Go to the wundermap. Good stuff

If you don't mind I'll give you a personal opinion of Hurricanes. I've been in Florida since 1980.

I know you have all seen what happened to New Orleans. Horrible. That's not what is going to happen to New Jersey, New York. The storm that hit New Orleans square in the teeth was a full blown Cat 5. New Orleans is a City that is below sea level. On Long Beach your home is probably at least at elev. 8.0.

The storm that is going to hit you will be at worst a Cat 1. The cooler water up there will chill it quickly. It is currently a Cat 3. Scary storm. Cat 1 not so much.

Cat 1's are a great occasion to have a hurricane party. Very little danger, but still exciting. Lights blink on and off, maybe go out, crap flying around, house rocking. Women love em.

You are in a very vulnerable place, and the media will try to scare the crap out of you showing pictures of Katrina. That's why they get paid the big bucks. If they ask you to leave, leave. But I assure you if your house is above elevation 8 it will still be there on Monday. If the eye passes over you you'll probably need a new roof. That's what home owners ins is for.

Really won't be much danger. Just don't go out side during the storm. There will be all kinds of crap flying around. That's where most storm injury's, and death's come from.

Just be smart your home will be fine

If you want a really good site to follow your storm go here www.weatherunderground.com Site is much better then what you will get on TV. Go to the wundermap. Good stuff

If you don't mind I'll give you a personal opinion of Hurricanes. I've been in Florida since 1980.

I know you have all seen what happened to New Orleans. Horrible. That's not what is going to happen to New Jersey, New York. The storm that hit New Orleans square in the teeth was a full blown Cat 5. New Orleans is a City that is below sea level. On Long Beach your home is probably at least at elev. 8.0.

The storm that is going to hit you will be at worst a Cat 1. The cooler water up there will chill it quickly. It is currently a Cat 3. Scary storm. Cat 1 not so much.

Cat 1's are a great occasion to have a hurricane party. Very little danger, but still exciting. Lights blink on and off, maybe go out, crap flying around, house rocking. Women love em.

You are in a very vulnerable place, and the media will try to scare the crap out of you showing pictures of Katrina. That's why they get paid the big bucks. If they ask you to leave, leave. But I assure you if your house is above elevation 8 it will still be there on Monday. If the eye passes over you you'll probably need a new roof. That's what home owners ins is for.

Really won't be much danger. Just don't go out side during the storm. There will be all kinds of crap flying around. That's where most storm injury's, and death's come from.

Just be smart your home will be fine

Thanks! I have lived through 61 years of storms but this is my first while living on the beach. I appreciate your advice and concern.

This is basically what you call paranoia. Changing the time of a game because people are afraid to drive in rain and wind? GTFO. I never understood the irrational fear of weather that most people have. It's not like we're going to be in the middle of a major hurricane. We're getting a small piece of the tail end of it. People need to man up and stop being panseys. It's like how you go to the supermarket when it rains and everyone huddles under the the awnings like prissy drama queens, waiting to get picked up, when I just walk to my car because hell, I don't fear water water. It's not deadly. Stop being so damn paranoid, people!!!! Grow some balls.

Garden state parkway South at exit 98 closed at 8 PM tonight- they should cancel the game IMO

The weather during the game is going to be next to nothing. It won't even be bad as last week's game. The problem is the mass hysteria ensuing around the area days in advance of anything is what's going to cause any issues with getting to and from the game.

This borders on funny. They're locking down 2 states 18 hours before a Cat 1 storm arrives? Wow

The weather won't be any worst then it was last week. Looks like they will have to cancel the game if there is no way to get there

I'm really at the point of beyond annoyed. Thanks to the general hysteria that ensues every time this area gets hit with any weather whatsoever, and the sensationalistic media reporting, we have to deal all this nonsense. I had no interest in leaving town this weekend but at this point I probably will not because of weather, but I just don't want to deal with all of the crap that's happening surrounding it.

There will be no one at this game- to begin no NJ Transit and if you live South Jersey no way to get back home-why play this game -

I suspect I will not be postponed but canceled. You can probably expect to be in the dark for 3-5 days after the storm passes. Just no time

Archived