Vontae Davis says he and Sean Smith are 'best tandem in the league'

JustInFudge

http://www.sun-senti...,0,433400.story

Miami Dolphins coach Tony Sparano wasn't the only one issuing bold statements at camp on Thursday. Third-year cornerbackVontae Davis declared he and secondary partner Sean Smith as the best duo in the NFL.

"I'm going to go out on a limb and say we're the best tandem in the league," Davis said.

When pushed by the questioner if he included Jets cornerbacksDarrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie, who have a combined 32 interceptions and four Pro Bowl berths to Davis' and Smith's five and none respectively, he wouldn't backpedal.

"You name them all and I'm putting it out there," Davis said.

Video link: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d821b93bc/Best-CB-tandem-in-NFL

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miami Dolphins coach Tony Sparano wasn't the only one issuing bold statements at camp on Thursday. Third-year cornerbackVontae Davis declared he and secondary partner Sean Smith as the best duo in the NFL.

"I'm going to go out on a limb and say we're the best tandem in the league," Davis said.

When pushed by the questioner if he included Jets cornerbacksDarrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie, who have a combined 32 interceptions and four Pro Bowl berths to Davis' and Smith's five and none respectively, he wouldn't backpedal.

:rl:

People who usually have to say this know that they're not. I never see Revis going on interviews saying that he and Cro are the best tandem. I dont see that from Aso either.

Its like the legit tandems are quiet while the wannabes pop their gums. Seems pretty insecure if you ask me.

People who usually have to say this know that they're not. I never see Revis going on interviews saying that he and Cro are the best tandem. I dont see that from Aso either.

Its like the legit tandems are quiet while the wannabes pop their gums. Seems pretty insecure if you ask me.

There's a video of it out there that I cant seem to find. You should see his face, he had zero conviction.

I agree with you for the most part but when our coach is Rex Ryan we aren't really the team that should talk sh*t about another team's bravado.

I agree with you for the most part but when our coach is Rex Ryan we aren't really the team that should talk sh*t about another team's bravado.

The difference is a Rex Ryan team backs up that bravado for the most part. Rex says he wants the best D and we're always the top Defense for the most part. He said that Mark Sanchez is a winner; Mark has gone to two afc championships before becoming an official vet and is the winningest QB on the road in the playoffs. Rex said that we have the best corner in the league...I wouldnt argue that. Ryan atleast backs up that bravado for the most part. What Vontae is doing is pure stupidity.

While I agree, I think people say that about Rex Ryan..... With his yearly superbowl predictions.....

If you got it, you do not have to talk about it, the People know...

While I agree, I think people say that about Rex Ryan..... With his yearly superbowl predictions.....

If you got it, you do not have to talk about it, the People know...

I'm gonna take issue with the word "predictions."

When has Rex ever actually issued a "prediction?" I've honestly never heard him make one. I've heard say he thinks his team CAN win the Super Bowl. I've heard him say he thinks the Jets SHOULD be favorites. But not one time have I ever heard Rex flat out predict or guarantee a Super Bowl victory.

Also, Rex has never made any of these types of comments unsolicited. Its always in the context of him answering a question. The media tend to portray it as Rex sauntering up to the podium, grabbing the mike and just yelling, "HEY MOTHER****ERS! WE'RE WINNING THE G-D DAMN SUPER BOWL!" when nothing remotely like that has ever actually taken place. What has happened is a reporter asks Rex about what he thinks of his team or what he thinks the Jets chances are and Rex says he believes his team can win the Super Bowl or they should be considered among the favorites to win the Super Bowl.

The national media have a severe semantics issue where Rex Ryan is concerned. There really is only one way to shut them the eff up - you guessed it, we're just gonna have to win the whole mother****ing thing!

When has Rex ever actually issued a "prediction?" I've honestly never heard him make one. I've heard say he thinks his team CAN win the Super Bowl. I've heard him say he thinks the Jets SHOULD be favorites. But not one time have I ever heard Rex flat out predict or guarantee a Super Bowl victory.

Also, Rex has never made any of these types of comments unsolicited. Its always in the context of him answering a question. The media tend to portray it as Rex sauntering up to the podium, grabbing the mike and just yelling, "HEY MOTHER****ERS! WE'RE WINNING THE G-D DAMN SUPER BOWL!" when nothing remotely like that has ever actually taken place. What has happened is a reporter asks Rex about what he thinks of his team or what he thinks the Jets chances are and Rex says he believes his team can win the Super Bowl or they should be considered among the favorites to win the Super Bowl.

The national media have a severe semantics issue where Rex Ryan is concerned. There really is only one way to shut them the eff up - you guessed it, we're just gonna have to win the whole mother****ing thing!

Please read articles.......

http://articles.nyda...tin-keller-jets

http://fifthdown.blo...super-bowl-win/

You have never heard Rex Ryan make a prediction? Or a guarantee? Seriously?

Archived