Vontae Davis says he and Sean Smith are 'best tandem in the league'

JustInFudge

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna take issue with the word "predictions."

When has Rex ever actually issued a "prediction?" I've honestly never heard him make one. I've heard say he thinks his team CAN win the Super Bowl. I've heard him say he thinks the Jets SHOULD be favorites. But not one time have I ever heard Rex flat out predict or guarantee a Super Bowl victory.

Also, Rex has never made any of these types of comments unsolicited. Its always in the context of him answering a question. The media tend to portray it as Rex sauntering up to the podium, grabbing the mike and just yelling, "HEY MOTHER****ERS! WE'RE WINNING THE G-D DAMN SUPER BOWL!" when nothing remotely like that has ever actually taken place. What has happened is a reporter asks Rex about what he thinks of his team or what he thinks the Jets chances are and Rex says he believes his team can win the Super Bowl or they should be considered among the favorites to win the Super Bowl.

The national media have a severe semantics issue where Rex Ryan is concerned. There really is only one way to shut them the eff up - you guessed it, we're just gonna have to win the whole mother****ing thing!

Huh? Rex Ryan doesnt make unsolicited predictions? What world do you live in?

Oh man thanks for that JiF it gave me a nice laugh to wake up to..."Imma go offa limb..." priceless...and this guy has a college degree...

Real convincing eh? He can barely keep a straight face.

He's been listening to Aqua4ever too much.

I'm 100% shocked he's not in here defending that statement and trying to make case for them being the best. I'm pretty sure it will come, but just shocked it hasnt happened yet. I'd figure he would have started this topic actually.

The difference is a Rex Ryan team backs up that bravado for the most part. Rex says he wants the best D and we're always the top Defense for the most part. He said that Mark Sanchez is a winner; Mark has gone to two afc championships before becoming an official vet and is the winningest QB on the road in the playoffs. Rex said that we have the best corner in the league...I wouldnt argue that. Ryan atleast backs up that bravado for the most part. What Vontae is doing is pure stupidity.

You can't say that till the season starts. I'm pretty sure most people figured Rex Ryan saying we were going to the super bowl his first year with a rookie QB was pure stupidity but we got close. I disagree with Vontaes statement but I'm not gonna hate on a guy for trying to talk up him and his teammate (it's not like they are garbage either they are a pretty good CB duo). You can say Rex backs up his talk but it doesn't make what he says any less ridiculous and again you never know, maybe Davis and Smith will end up backing up their talk once the season starts.

If you are a Jets fan hating on somebody's bravado is the height of hypocrisy.

Revis/Cro

Asomugha/Rogers-Cromartie

Woodson/Tramon Williams

McCourty/Bodden

I'd put all those tandems above these two guys... but I admire the swagger, hell Rex says every position player on the Jets is the best in the league at their position. You can't root for the Jets, and then hate on this guy for talking tbh... he's wrong, just like we know Rex often is, but he's entitled to put it out there and eat crow.

Revis/Cro

Woodson/Tramon Williams

McCourty/Bodden

I'd put all those tandems above these two guys... but I admire the swagger, hell Rex says every position player on the Jets is the best in the league at their position. You can't root for the Jets, and then hate on this guy for talking tbh... he's wrong, just like we know Rex often is, but he's entitled to put it out there and eat crow.

+1

Revis/Cro

Woodson/Tramon Williams

McCourty/Bodden

I can hate anyone wearing that faggoty a$$ uniform for any reason.

Revis/Cro

Woodson/Tramon Williams

McCourty/Bodden

Then the Dolphins shouldn't mock Rex for his talk.

I for one, LOVE the sh*t talking because whenever I play sports or did when I was younger I talked non-stop. It's one of the best parts of competing, sh*t talking.

Off the top of my head they're not top 5...

1. Aso/Samuel

2. Revis/Cro

3. Woodson/Williams

4. Hall/Clements

5. Robinson/Grimes

The Eagles have Rogers-Cromartie ahead of Samuel, right? Have to put them ahead of the Jets.

Notice how he keeps darting his eyes away when he's claiming to believe he's in the league's best tandem? Dead giveaway that he's a non-believer!!! I watch "Lie to Me," so I know these things ...

Exactly. He doesnt even believe it himself...its plainly obvious.

I can hate anyone wearing that faggoty a$$ uniform for any reason.

This. I'm just glad I can hate my least favorite player ever the same way I've always hated him. **** Jason Gaylor.

The Eagles have Rogers-Cromartie ahead of Samuel, right? Have to put them ahead of the Jets.

Technically I think they have Samuel #2 and DRC #3...I think. But it's tandem so I left it out whoever would be #3. I would suppose it's a bit interchangable but my guess is Samuel beats out DRC for the #2?

I figured #2 (Aso) and #6 (Samuel) average to 4. #1 (Revis) and say #9 (Cro) average to 5. If I were to draw a list DRC would maybe be my #8? which averages to 5..tie but Revis/Cro would win b/c Revis would be #1....at least that's how I figure in my brain. :)

Not sure if I would consider DRC better than Cro though. It's all pretty close.

See at least when Rex Ryan makes SB predictions and talks about his roster being the best, it's actually a realistic possibility. With these guys it's nothing more than a joke and everyone knows it. Holmes Plax and Keller will abuse them in the passing game this year, just watch.

Davis is no doubt legit, but I don't think Smith is anything spectacular.

Agreed. Davis is a good player. Smith, is meh...he has his moments but he's not somebody you shy away from. And they could be a 2nd tier CB tandem, but their safeties are very weak. Good in the box, but horrible in space.

Lucky for us our safeties are nothing like that.

Yeah, about that.

Leonhard is good in space. Good in coverage, good open field tackler, makes plays on the ball. And Pool showed some promise toward the end of the year...so did Smith, but I dont trust him one bit. Apparently Rex does.

Davis is no doubt legit, but I don't think Smith is anything spectacular.

I think this is a really fair statement. Smith is just a lanky, un-athletic version of Cro. Cro is definitely not my favorite CB, but the guy gets by on freak athleticism. Smith is just lanky. I'd take Davis on my team though.

/cue Phins fan posting Smith highlights.

Archived