*****The Official Gameday Thread of the NY Jets "@" NY Giants*****

JetsFanFromQueens

That was a sloppy first quarter of offense. The completion % and accuracy out of Mark Sanchez hasn't been as impressive as his first two preseason outings, he's struggled thus far tonight, but it's nice to see Sanchez playing smart for the most part and avoiding a costly turnover. Keep in mind, he's still young and progressing as a developing franchise QB. One step at a time. Kerley looking pretty elusive with his previous punt return. Was on the verge of breaking long.

Wasn't impressed (with our offense) what so ever, but then again, this game has just started, we're still getting our feet wet, it's only the start of the 2nd quarter and if anything, we still have plenty of time to right our offensive ship and put on a performance. During preseason games and preseason games only, I've always kept in mind, that preseason coaching philosophy has always been designed to stay vanilla (due to multiple obvious reasons). It's never too good to 'over-react' to offensive play-calling during a meaningless preseason game. One thing is for sure... Both teams want this game.

spoke too soon

3-0... We all expected better thus far through the 2nd quarter, but it's nice to see our defense keeping us alive, during a night where our offense is off to another slow start. These are the types of tough games we need to win come regular season/playoff time etc, etc. If we can't overcome early struggles, the season becomes a moot point to begin with, it's just a breath of fresh air KNOWING that our defense will have our team in striking range during each and every game.

CROMARTIE!!!! I was SICK over the THOUGHT of losing Antonio!

3 straight runs?!?!

We all want a high flying attack, but we can't get away from our bread and butter. We have a great run blocking offensive line, we can't lose our identity. We have plenty of potential for an air strike, but we have one of the strongest rushing attacks in all of football... Sometimes it's just a matter of having to pound the football down the throat of the defense until the bend/break.

Are you having a conversation with yourself?

Yeah, seems to be like I am. No problems, I'll be sure to retire from gameday threads after tonight. I'll take my preseason record to the bank hah. But yeah, it's not a big deal, I'm pretty sure I rank as one of the worst gameday thread creators out there. Looking forward to the week 1 gameday thread against the Cowboys for sure, hopefully someone has a great thread in mind.

Both Kerley and McKnight add much needed quickness, speed and elusiveness. Our offense is going to exciting to watch this up coming season. We've struggled during the presaeason, but I wouldn't be shocked to see an explosive offensive attack come week one against the Cowboys. Our play calling will no longer stay vanilla, and our offensive players will be playing full speed with a will to perform.