Mark Sanchez: MERGED

mark6sanchez

Numbers don't lie my man. Until Freeman can beat good defenses and win playoff games he's CP2 which makes JiF's love for him very questionable.

What are you talking about. This makes no sense.

THe guys a third year player, and while I happen to agree that he feasted on bad teams and is currently overrated, he's absolutely nothing like Chad Pennington who basically looked like a boy playing aganst men whenever he faced a good/aggressive defense

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chad did it for 11 years, Freeman's done it for one. I'd say let's give him a little more opportunity before using such foul language to describe him. It's not like it's his fault his team's schedule was garbage.

rep'd for "before using such foul language to describe him"

lol

What are you talking about. This makes no sense.

THe guys a third year player, and while I happen to agree that he feasted on bad teams and is currently overrated, he's absolutely nothing like Chad Pennington who basically looked like a boy playing aganst men whenever he faced a good/aggressive defense

Wow, you're thick sometimes.

It's called hyperbole, genius. :face:

Anyway, the write-up for Big Ben is similar to the way I would write up Mark Sanchez:

I'd say that has less to do with Ben and Sanchez being similar as good quarterbacks and more to do with you and the author being similar as bad writers.

Your confusing Stafford with Matt Ryan the previous year...most of the draftnicks tried to compare Stafford to Carson Palmer or Jay Cutler. As previously linked Mayock had Sanchez rated over Stafford and Freeman.

I'm sure that somebody loved Matt Ryan, but there were plenty of complaints about his arm strength and I don't remember any Peyton Manning comparisons. Ratings of Sanchez were all over the map because of his inexperience.

I'm sure that somebody loved Matt Ryan, but there were plenty of complaints about his arm strength and I don't remember any Peyton Manning comparisons. Ratings of Sanchez were all over the map because of his inexperience.

IrishJet and I were on the Matt Ryan bandwagon. I didn't see any comparisons to Peyton. The knock on Ryan was the amount of INT's he threw at BC. A lot of "experts" failed to point out that BC had awful wide receivers.

As I said back on page 2 or whatever. Sanchez gets it done. Boller was horrible and Eli ain't much better.

I don't know about Boller. But he is not Brady. Brady is why the Pats never lose to teams they should beat. This Jets team has to win the division to get to the bowl in my humble opinion. It has not helped the Pats in recent years, but they cannot even win a playoff game any more. It is just too tough to win three on the road with a mediocre QB. Let's see what Sanchex has got this year.

• 2 months later...

So in other words, two years is not remotely large enough a sample size to make any realistic prediction off of. Because as Sanchez improves and develops into the QB we all hope he will become, his mean will improve. Meaning this is simply another meaningless exercise in the metal masturbation known as "sabermetrics."

Welcome to Thunderdome.

Missed where KYle Boller had a 4-2 postseason record in his first 2 seasons.

So Mark is entirely responsible for the Jets' 4-2 record?

While he deserves credit for playing well during the playoffs, lets not pretend like he is out-scoring opponents 35-31 every game to win those games.

"Very good, excellent at times, but never great." This is what Bill Simmons said about Drew Bledsoe.

This might be true of Sanchez.

He has 47 starts. By now, he is what he is. He is young enough to get better, but he might be as great as he will ever be.

A very good QB, who can be excellent at times, but he will not be a HofFer like JN had hoped.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived