Play 1st String Offense against the Eagles

DMaynard

Brees had a much younger LT too, although LT claims Sanchez is further along thus far in his career than Rivers and Brees were at the same time. LT probably knows what he is talking about, but he may not have spoken the complete truth either seeing as he is Sanchez' teammate currently.

But really, we're just looking for Sanchez to not suck. He's been bottom 4 during the regular season both years I believe in most categories, if not all.

We're not comparing him to Brees. I want to see him perform like Bradford, Freeman, Stafford etc. I want to see a guy that doesn't look completely lost every other game. That's not too much to ask is it? Some consistency, some flashes! See a guy that looks comfortable!

The only time he ever looks comfortable is in late game comebacks, of which he loses over half of them anyway. It's nice to win those, but that's a piss poor place to constantly put yourself in.

Why is it some sort of mortal sin to want the Jets offense to be better? People are catching some serious feelings on here when anybody posts anything negative about the Jets offensive performances. They need more yardage and more drives. They go 3 and out way too much. Even if it's 10 plays and a punt that's better than constant 3 and outs.

Brees had a much younger LT too, although LT claims Sanchez is further along thus far in his career than Rivers and Brees were at the same time. LT probably knows what he is talking about, but he may not have spoken the complete truth either seeing as he is Sanchez' teammate currently.

But really, we're just looking for Sanchez to not suck. He's been bottom 4 during the regular season both years I believe in most categories, if not all.

We're not comparing him to Brees. I want to see him perform like Bradford, Freeman, Stafford etc. I want to see a guy that doesn't look completely lost every other game. That's not too much to ask is it? Some consistency, some flashes! See a guy that looks comfortable!

The only time he ever looks comfortable is in late game comebacks, of which he loses over half of them anyway. It's nice to win those, but that's a piss poor place to constantly put yourself in.

Why is it some sort of mortal sin to want the Jets offense to be better? People are catching some serious feelings on here when anybody posts anything negative about the Jets offensive performances. They need more yardage and more drives. They go 3 and out way too much. Even if it's 10 plays and a punt that's better than constant 3 and outs.

Lets face it man this Jets team never even sniffed the talent Brees and Rivers started their careers with and continue to play with. This Jets team is also way down the list of talent this year as well compared to what some QB's arounf the league have

It's not like a completely disagree with you here, and my feelings aren't hurt. I just think this assessment is rather harsh.

I think the guy has shown a lot of flashes, it's the consistency that's lacking. I think he wins the majority of his comebacks. He's got a QB rating in the 90's for his post-season play. He's capable of it. Whether that's all him, or the gameplans get better in the playoffs, too, I don't know.

There's been a lot of discussion about all the drops he's suffered, and that's definitely hurt him statistically. I don't think he looks lost every other game. I don't think that's fair at all. But, obviously, the games where the Jets fail to score a TD are a major problem.

As for the piss poor place he puts himself in, I think the Jets general philosophy is what puts him in that position. They tend to play a game of minimizing mistakes, winning the field position battle, etc., rather than attacking the scoreboard. That's where the criticism of Schotty comes in, and I think it should also be a criticism of Rex. For his part, Rex has talked about opening up the offense more this year. I don't know if we've seen what they have planned in the preseason - and I think it's better that we don't. Maybe the Jets will be in those positions less this season.

IMHO, Sanchez has shown improvement over his first two years. Considerable - dropped int's aside. He's a guy who had very little college experience and got thrown into the fire as a rookie. I think people need to remember that. Lesser players would be making their way out of the league under those circumstances right now, but Mark seems to be getting better.

No doubt, this is a critical year for him.

Lets face it man this Jets team never even sniffed the talent Brees and Rivers started their careers with and continue to play with. This Jets team is also way down the list of talent this year as well compared to what some QB's arounf the league have

I don't agree. Rivers first 2 years in the league he was a backup, Sanchez didn't have that luxury. Brees spent 1 year as a backup before starting and having very similar stats to Sanchez's his first 2 starting years. I do agree they are better at this point in their careers, but this year is the defining year for Sanchez. Besides isn't Sanchez in the top 6 in most categories in the preseason? Our talent level hasn't changed all that much from last year. I like the fact that Sanchez hasn't throw any picks yet, but the real season is what matters. We shall see.

Archived