Will The Jets Offense Continue To Struggle?

JetNation

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's be a very old Jets type move:

- Trade up to top 5 to take a QB.

- Give QB 50 million.

- Make WRs the key to the offense.

Exactly. The kid needs, the best #1 in the league, the best #2 in the league and the best slot WR in the league to be successful. Oh yeah, and an every day elite receiving TE.

I like football

I like you

Early this preseason I said the Jets should start games getting Sanchez involved early with some short high percenage passes. In the second Pre Season game they did just that by opening up the game with a short passing attack then mixing in the run. Sanchez was what 6 of 7 to start the game and seemed very comfortable. I was saying to myself wow idiot Shotty might finally be getting it.

So then come the Giants who played up tight on our WR's and droped LB's in the passing lanes taking away the slants. Did Shotty Adjust ? Nope. And Mark threw some balls away and 3 of those passes were dropped or Faggot Keller would not go up to catch one of them afraid to take a hit and one play looked like Plax ran an in when he was supposed to run an out. Not sure how any of this is Sanchez fault . Big reason why Sanchez Completion percentage is low is because in his first 2 years the Jets were run run pass run run pass putting the kid in constant 3rd and longs and I dont care how good a QB you are if your constantly in 3rd and longs your percentage goes way way down. Its the reason when you watch QBs like Brees and Manning with 70 + completion percentage its because they start off games with high percentage passes to get in rhythm. Put either one of those guys in constant run run pass 3rd and longs and you get the same result.

Problem here is idiot Shotty wont mix it up he will continue to let his young QB fail because he fails to see the defensive adjustments to his play calling. The Giants adjusted and we did not adjust. How many times did we have to run between the tackles vs the Giants before we tried to take it outside ?Im sorry but Shotty is an absolute disaster and I dont see this team winning a SB with him at the helm Were good enough to get close because we have a defense that makes up for the inept offense but with having to win 3 playoff games each year on the road is just too much to ask talent to bail you out all the time. At some point your going to be out coached with Shotty at the helm/

The Jets running game has been a little too good to blame for Sanchez completion percentage. If they ran on 1st and 2nd it would be usually be 3rd and 2. You want them to pass more, but Sanchez obviously was scared to throw because the Giants played up? Sanchez looked nervous. It's not all play calling.

Early this preseason I said the Jets should start games getting Sanchez involved early with some short high percenage passes. In the second Pre Season game they did just that by opening up the game with a short passing attack then mixing in the run. Sanchez was what 6 of 7 to start the game and seemed very comfortable. I was saying to myself wow idiot Shotty might finally be getting it.

So then come the Giants who played up tight on our WR's and droped LB's in the passing lanes taking away the slants. Did Shotty Adjust ? Nope. And Mark threw some balls away and 3 of those passes were dropped or Faggot Keller would not go up to catch one of them afraid to take a hit and one play looked like Plax ran an in when he was supposed to run an out. Not sure how any of this is Sanchez fault . Big reason why Sanchez Completion percentage is low is because in his first 2 years the Jets were run run pass run run pass putting the kid in constant 3rd and longs and I dont care how good a QB you are if your constantly in 3rd and longs your percentage goes way way down. Its the reason when you watch QBs like Brees and Manning with 70 + completion percentage its because they start off games with high percentage passes to get in rhythm. Put either one of those guys in constant run run pass 3rd and longs and you get the same result.

Problem here is idiot Shotty wont mix it up he will continue to let his young QB fail because he fails to see the defensive adjustments to his play calling. The Giants adjusted and we did not adjust. How many times did we have to run between the tackles vs the Giants before we tried to take it outside ?Im sorry but Shotty is an absolute disaster and I dont see this team winning a SB with him at the helm Were good enough to get close because we have a defense that makes up for the inept offense but with having to win 3 playoff games each year on the road is just too much to ask talent to bail you out all the time. At some point your going to be out coached with Shotty at the helm/

In-game adjustments during the first half of a pre-season game? What? Why? On Sanchez to make those kind of adjustments, if he wants to... it's a pre-season game who cares?

In-game adjustments during the first half of a pre-season game? What? Why? On Sanchez to make those kind of adjustments, if he wants to... it's a pre-season game who cares?

Your probably correct about it being a preseason game but since the offense was in for an entire half an adjustment should not be out of the question. Its pretty simple to just call a play to adjust to the defense dont you think ? Lets see what happens when this offense struggles in the first quarter of the season. Will Shotty adjust ? Do you trust him to Adjust ? Sure maybe if Rex trys to punch his face in, like was rumored last year. I find it beyond belief that this idiot is still our Offensive coordinator. We bring in Tom Moore which makes it obvious someones not happy with the offensive situation yet this guy still keeps his job ?? Did Woody make promise to Marty not to fire his kid ? of course thats a joke but Im totally shocked this guy still has a job.

The lack of practice has not kept the Patriots from putting up points. They put i think 41 in the first game and Brady did not even dress.....

I am very concerned about our offense. I do not know what it is, but it does not matter because we have who we have. We are not making any changes at the skill positions at this point so we have to hope they can get it together. The decision to get plax and mason over retaining Edwards and may be getting one of them will be and quite frankly should be questioned by the fans if the passing game is not effective.

The disparity between the quiality of our defense and our offense at this point is frightening.

The lack of practice has not kept the Patriots from putting up points.

They don't even HAVE an offensive coordinator.

Jets fans are obsessed with the OC position, ever since paul hackett. for 31 other NFL teams it's not really an issue who the OC is... Schotty isn't perfect but he's not Paul Hackett. He's not holding this team back from greatness. Mark needs to mature, that's the main problem with the Jets as a whole. People talk about the 4th quarter comebacks, and that's great, but we forget the reason those comebacks were necessary was cause Mark left too many throws on the field for quarters 1 through 3. if Mark can play in quarter 1 like he plays in quarter 4 the Jets could be hosting the AFC CG.

Jets fans are obsessed with the OC position, ever since paul hackett. for 31 other NFL teams it's not really an issue who the OC is... Schotty isn't perfect but he's not Paul Hackett. He's not holding this team back from greatness. Mark needs to mature, that's the main problem with the Jets as a whole. People talk about the 4th quarter comebacks, and that's great, but we forget the reason those comebacks were necessary was cause Mark left too many throws on the field for quarters 1 through 3. if Mark can play in quarter 1 like he plays in quarter 4 the Jets could be hosting the AFC CG.

Guess Brett Favre and Pennington needed to mature as well. At least Hackett had success with Pennington his first year as a starter. Name me one year Shotty has done anything for this team ? The guy is a freakin horror show and although we might have some offensive bursts this season we are far far from consistency and Im sorry but I dont blame Mark Sanchez. WHY? because Mark has shown he can be very effective at certain points in a game most noteably the hurry up offense so what have we done to play to his strengths ? Peyton showed that ability as well to do much better in the hurry up so the Colts adjusted and let Peyton run the offense and Peytons Happy Feet Issue went away over night. I say let Mark run the show and get Shotty the hell out of here. Dont need an OC ? Ok see ya Shott , dont let the door hit you in the a$$.

The Jets running game has been a little too good to blame for Sanchez completion percentage. If they ran on 1st and 2nd it would be usually be 3rd and 2. You want them to pass more, but Sanchez obviously was scared to throw because the Giants played up? Sanchez looked nervous. It's not all play calling.

Yeah, the #1 rushing team in the league over the last 2 years shouldnt be in too many 3rd and long situation, surprised the greatest football mind ever didnt realize that or respond to an opposing thought.

Its play calling and that our WR's cant get separation....nothing to do with Mark Sanchez. Zero.

Yeah, the #1 rushing team in the league over the last 2 years shouldnt be in too many 3rd and long situation, surprised the greatest football mind ever didnt realize that or respond to an opposing thought.

Its play calling and that our WR's cant get separation....nothing to do with Mark Sanchez. Zero.

D. All of the Above?

I buy that. I have been on Schittenheimer for three years

Im sorry but I dont blame Mark Sanchez. WHY? because Mark has shown he can be very effective at certain points in a game most noteably the hurry up offense so what have we done to play to his strengths ?

the other night, it was a 3rd down, Sanchez locked in on Keller, and the play failed. Holmes was wide open. He made a little gesture like "hey man... I was open... but it's preseason so..." Mark does that ALL The time. and I like Mark Sanchez, he's gonna be the man for the next 10 years. But if receivers are wide open, and Mark doesn't see em, that's not on Schotty. In fact, if guys are coming free, that means Schotty's plays are good.

Why should I respond to someone with limited knowledge in football ?

Most top rushing teams get most of their rushing yards in the second half, not to start the game. I guess in your little world if you average 4.0 yards per run that automaticly puts you at 3rd and 2 in the first quarter... right ? Fool.

Im not 100 percent sure on the stats but I would be willing to bet the Jets had a ton more yards in the 4th quarter than they did in the first , and more in the second half then they did in the first. Also most teams that lead the league in rushing do so because its a consequence of a winning football team running out the clock in the 4th quarter with large leads.

Most top rushing teams get most of their rushing yards in the second half, not to start the game. I guess in your little world if you average 4.0 yards per run that automaticly puts you at 3rd and 2 in the first quarter... right ? Fool.

Im not 100 percent sure on the stats but I would be willing to bet the Jets had a ton more yards in the 4th quarter than they did in the first , and more in the second half then they did in the first. Also most teams that lead the league in rushing do so because its a consequence of a winning football team running out the clock in the 4th quarter with large leads.

Thats mean, Dom has a very good Football mind....maybe not like you, obviously. But definitely a great Football mind.

the other night, it was a 3rd down, Sanchez locked in on Keller, and the play failed. Holmes was wide open. He made a little gesture like "hey man... I was open... but it's preseason so..." Mark does that ALL The time. and I like Mark Sanchez, he's gonna be the man for the next 10 years. But if receivers are wide open, and Mark doesn't see em, that's not on Schotty. In fact, if guys are coming free, that means Schotty's plays are good.

If this happens in the regular season, I'll be worried, but part of me feels they were trying to work the new TE system and get Sanchez reps with it. I don't think he's going to ignore Holmes being open, once the regular season starts. This is similar to how he targeted Plax more than anyone in the first game. I think they're just trying to give reps with certain people. Receivers getting separation (especially Holmes) IS NOT an issue. I personally didn't think Sanchez was nervous at all. He threw the ball away a few times instead of taking a sack or worse. That is a veteran move. If he was nervous he might have made those situations much worse than they were. I'm happy to see Mark throw the ball away rather than force a bad pass or get sacked resulting in loss of yards or a turnover.

why would I be talking about DOm when i was resoponding to you ?

He was talking about you, and you have to admit you don't know much about football honestly.

Both of you clearly lack reading comprehension. Dom made the point. I drove it home.

And while I'm not nearly as educated as Smash in Football. I'm twice as smart as Serphnx. He's a ******* moron when it comes to Football. Clueless. Clearly never stepped foot a Football field. Probably plays a lot of Madden and thinks he knows Football from that.

Both of you clearly lack reading comprehension. Dom made the point. I drove it home.

And while I'm not nearly as educated as Smash in Football. I'm twice as smart as Serphnx. He's a ******* moron when it comes to Football. Clueless. Clearly never stepped foot a Football field. Probably plays a lot of Madden and thinks he knows Football from that.

LOL! Looks like I hit a nerve!

Even you know you don't know football, that's why you're overcompensating so bad and lashing out.

New WRs, lack of chemistry, lack of practice etc. is all a load of bunk.

Exhibit A: Sam Bradford

Exhibit B: Sam's WRs, who all got injured week after week forcing him to throw to a new one.

I think that's more than enough. If Sanchez can't in his third year match a rookie on the worst team in the NFL the two years before he got there, Sanchez should be cut and we need a new QB. No excuses. Start producing, bottom line.

I don't get the Sam Bradford obsession. How did Sanchez not match him? Bradford's 60% completion rate? He threw to his RB's roughly half the time. His five top receivers averaged less than 12 yards a catch -three of them averaging less than 10 YPC- and his 6.0 YPA was one of the worst in the league.

Sanchez' top three receivers all averaged 17.1, 14.4, and 12.5, respectively. He had a better TD/int ratio, better TD and int %'s, fumbled less and was sacked less.

There's nothing about Bradford that makes me like him better than Sanchez.

sorry--a few anecdotals do not spare Schitty-----Sanchez has not really improved. That is on him. And the Jet offense has been mediocre too long.

LOL! Looks like I hit a nerve!

Even you know you don't know football, that's why you're overcompensating so bad and lashing out.

Playing Madden every day, doesnt mean you know Football. Ever put a helmet on? Doubt it. In fact, I'd bet a large sum of money you never put pads on. Maybe flag Football, still highly doubt it, but maybe.

Comparing your knowledge to mine is laughable. Example: You think Sanchez is good at Football.

Smash on the other hand, he's GM worthy. You're just a moron who knows nothing.

Playing Madden every day, doesnt mean you know Football. Ever put a helmet on? Doubt it. In fact, I'd bet a large sum of money you never put pads on. Maybe flag Football, still highly doubt it, but maybe.

Comparing your knowledge to mine is laughable. Example: You think Sanchez is good at Football.

Smash on the other hand, he's GM worthy. You're just a moron who knows nothing.

I've probably forgotten more football than you and Smash together have ever known. But keep it up, it's really amusing.

You suck at being funny, you suck at talking about football, and you even suck at trying to make people angry. In fact, honestly, when you try to make people angry that's the only time you can ever be funny. Since it's not intentional however, you don't get credit for it.

Rage some more. What's wrong, did Crusher not want to have sex with you today?

I've probably forgotten more football than you and Smash together have ever known. But keep it up, it's really amusing.

You suck at being funny, you suck at talking about football, and you even suck at trying to make people angry. In fact, honestly, when you try to make people angry that's the only time you can ever be funny. Since it's not intentional however, you don't get credit for it.

Rage some more. What's wrong, did Crusher not want to have sex with you today?

You make Rich Kotite look like Vince Lombardi.

http://nyjetscap.com/jetsplaycalling.php

This was my look at the team last year going into the Steelers game. Their issues are basically 50/50 blame on the QB and on the OC. The OC's blame really comes on second down by calling too many pass plays compared to others especially when Sanchez was basically crap in those situations. Sanchez was garbage on third down in those spots where most QBs play pretty well (3-5 yard to go). Thats not all on the OC, but the OC has to play to the strengths of his QB and they did not do that most of last year.

Jason that was a really nice breakdown. I see what your saying about Sanchez but I think a lot of what you said does come down to the OC. I guess we would actully have to know what hes calling in specific situations and how defenses are reacting to it. I think Sanchez would do much better if they mixed in the hurry up now and then and started off the game with a short passing attack to get Sanchez involved early. We dont have to pass every down but we do seem predictable at times and it really seemed to show itself vs the Giants. At the very least mixing in the hurry up at times would keep the defense off balance and limit subs

Its hard to tell what defenses are doing by looking at a stat sheet if they are seeing the same patterns in our offense due to predcitability, its just going to make the QB's job that much more difficult. I find it hard to believe Sanchez can be so accurate in some situations and dreadfully inaccurate in others. Ive noticed he has trouble with some of the short to mid range stuff early and maybe we need to roll him out a bit to get a better look. In the short range stuff if teams are clogging up the passing lanes it can make it very difficult on three step drops and I think Sanchez may be forcing the ball and in the same instance trying to avoid the INT or tipped ball causing him to adjust his throw.

Why is it late in games Sanchez seems to get deadly accurate and early in games hes the exact opposite ? This is what I have the biggest issue with. Are we playing too conservative early ? Our offense always struggles in the first quarter yet we see a lot of the same every week from a play calling perspective. If I can sit on my couch and have a good idea what Shotty is going to call Imagine what a good DC will be doing. Taking something away from an offense is easy if you know whats coming and defenses always seem to know whats coming early in games yet they have trouble defending us late in games, is that due to Sanchez or is that due to the fact its harder and less predictable when dealing with the hurry up ?

Sanchez needs to play 4 quarters of football. I agree with you. However, while the OC is Hackett, he also is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Here is where I am on this: Sanchez was the 5 the pick in the draft. He should be ready to drive the car. we need to throw more and early in drives regularly. If sanchez can not handle things at this point then we need to begin looking for his replacement.

Archived