Anybody Hearing Anything About Kyle Wilson Being On The Trading Block?

SoFlaJets

Id be stunned. I mentioned this a few weeks ago as a side thought, but it was only going to happen before his option was paid to pass the burden onto the acquiring club. As far as I know the Jets paid that out, meaning the cap and cash charges for trading him would make it a pointless trade at this point.

YES! I cant stand watching his suckass play anymore.

what sucks is they cut that guy we signed from Buffalo who had an INT the other night-it's sad when guys like Donald Strickland are higher on the depth chart than a 1st round draft pick from last year. I wish the Jets would be quicker in cutting draft choices who suck and give their slot on the roster to better football players.

it's not just the one player bro, it's the way the Jets do business. They hang on to obviously inferior players so as to save face it seems. I'm tired of excuses being made every year for these underachievers-oh he needed the whole off season to get familiar, he's not used to playing this or that position, oh we must give a crappy RB a roster spot so New England can show us how we COULD have used a Woodhead...

Id be stunned. I mentioned this a few weeks ago as a side thought, but it was only going to happen before his option was paid to pass the burden onto the acquiring club. As far as I know the Jets paid that out, meaning the cap and cash charges for trading him would make it a pointless trade at this point.

Pointless cap wise... but if you can get a pick or an OL backup... why not?

Sigh, I watched the game this morning and man did he look bad. I was really hoping some of you were exaggerating. I still want to chalk it up to a bad game due to overconfidence playing second stringers. The front 7 looked sluggish too.

who, Wilson or DuCasse?

who, Wilson or DuCasse?

Wilson. When I watch DuCasse he breaks down mentally way too much but one on one he sometimes looks like the best OL on the field. He just has 2 or 3 plays that stand out as completely horrendous every game. But you can see the talent sometimes.

and

Nobody wants Wilson to succeed as bad as me. I love his game coming into the NFL but yeah he had a bad game.

Wilson. When I watch DuCasse he breaks down mentally way too much but one on one he sometimes looks like the best OL on the field. He just has 2 or 3 plays that stand out as completely horrendous every game. But you can see the talent sometimes.

and

Nobody wants Wilson to succeed as bad as me. I love his game coming into the NFL but yeah he had a bad game.

he really hasn't done anything since he's been here-I don't know if we should cut ties with him yet but I'd say he's on a short leash. Ducasse does make some plays and the thing about OLmen is they can be longterm projects. Look at Wayne Hunter it's his 8th year in the league and he finally gets a chance to start...CB's are glaring when they are weak out there-they cost you points and Kyle Wilson, well I'm ready to call him a bust

he really hasn't done anything since he's been here-I don't know if we should cut ties with him yet but I'd say he's on a short leash. Ducasse does make some plays and the thing about OLmen is they can be longterm projects. Look at Wayne Hunter it's his 8th year in the league and he finally gets a chance to start...CB's are glaring when they are weak out there-they cost you points and Kyle Wilson, well I'm ready to call him a bust

On Wilson I'm not going there yet but I have to say last game was really, really disappointing to watch. Not like he's set the world on fire to date and I know he's struggled but i keep waiting to say i told ya so but I may just have to forever bite my tongue here.

Wilson is more unsettling imo, they really need him NOW as that nickle. Ducasse can just ride the bench until he ready.

it's not just the one player bro, it's the way the Jets do business. They hang on to obviously inferior players so as to save face it seems. I'm tired of excuses being made every year for these underachievers-oh he needed the whole off season to get familiar, he's not used to playing this or that position, oh we must give a crappy RB a roster spot so New England can show us how we COULD have used a Woodhead...

Among the underachievers who have had excuses made for them would be Pouha, Cotchery, Brad and Eric Smith... couple guys people cried about losing, another couple who'll be starting for the Jets this year. Some players take longer to develop than others. Some players never develop - but that's a poor reason to dump a player after one year.

Jesus Christ at these reactions. Guys heading into his second season, give him a ****ing break.

He may be a complete bust, but it's FAR too early to come to that conclusion.

yea I know I mean it's just so far-fetched for us to ever believe a rookie CB can make an impact or maybe even a play or two in almost 25 games. NO other rookie CB has ever come into his own ever...Too bad the Pats took the guy I wanted instead of Wilson, Devin McCourty-take a look at his stats from last year and compare them to Kyle Wilson-case closed

yea I know I mean it's just so far-fetched for us to ever believe a rookie CB can make an impact or maybe even a play or two in almost 25 games. NO other rookie CB has ever come into his own ever...Too bad the Pats took the guy I wanted instead of Wilson, Devin McCourty-take a look at his stats from last year and compare them to Kyle Wilson-case closed

McCourty got to play on the sideline, which is much easier for a rookie to do than play against the slot. Then, to make matters worse, with the Revis hold out , Wilson played on the sideline all throughout camp, so he didn't get a chance to play his new position.

McCourty got to play on the sideline, which is much easier for a rookie to do than play against the slot. Then, to make matters worse, with the Revis hold out , Wilson played on the sideline all throughout camp, so he didn't get a chance to play his new position.

but here we Jets fans go again-always making excuses for these guy that underperform-with Ducasse it was because of the lockout and with Wilson it's because he was thrust into a starting role. Then with Gholston it was because we switched him to OLBer-it's always something-maybe these guys just aren't that good and maybe we Jets fans have a tendency to overrate our players. All I know is I'm getting sick of all these excuses all the time Aec

Among the underachievers who have had excuses made for them would be Pouha, Cotchery, Brad and Eric Smith... couple guys people cried about losing, another couple who'll be starting for the Jets this year. Some players take longer to develop than others. Some players never develop - but that's a poor reason to dump a player after one year.

Pouha...3rd round, Brad Smith...4th round, Cotchery...4th round, Eric Smith...3rd round

This is where you draft projects. Wilson is a first rounder and Ducasse is a second. This is why fans are reacting to their lack of on-field production IMO

but here we Jets fans go again-always making excuses for these guy that underperform-with Ducasse it was because of the lockout and with Wilson it's because he was thrust into a starting role. Then with Gholston it was because we switched him to OLBer-it's always something-maybe these guys just aren't that good and maybe we Jets fans have a tendency to overrate our players. All I know is I'm getting sick of all these excuses all the time Aec

No excuses here.. he had a bad season, but let's keep it in perspective. I honestly do not think he'd be much worse than CRO on the outside. I could be wrong. Starting on the SLOT without a preseason playing against the SLOT is tough for someone always playing against the boundary.

Now reports say Ryan doesn't think he's terribly instinctive/etc.. that's scary.

I'm hardly overrating Wilson... but after 1 yr let's be fair.

I don't know how anyone judges Ducasse... looked bad in preseason but he has never really played a regular season game.

No excuses here.. he had a bad season, but let's keep it in perspective. I honestly do not think he'd be much worse than CRO on the outside. I could be wrong. Starting on the SLOT without a preseason playing against the SLOT is tough for someone always playing against the boundary.

Now reports say Ryan doesn't think he's terribly instinctive/etc.. that's scary.

I'm hardly overrating Wilson... but after 1 yr let's be fair.

I don't know how anyone judges Ducasse... looked bad in preseason but he has never really played a regular season game.

Vlad needs to be at one spot (guard). They want to move him around so he can back up a few spots but he seems to be having a hard time getting better. Keep it simple, keep him at guard and call it a day.

Yup, the slot just wasn't his natural position, then you take a look at what the opposing qb's other options are in throwing on revis or cro, it was obvious Wilson was gonna have a tough time. At least the kid was able to get on the field a bit. For a player to be labeled a bust after one season, he would really have to have been on the bench or not on the active roster all season like a certain other 1st rounder the jets drafted who was a bust.

I missed the game, however they should have cut or Traded Wilson and Kept Lowery. My feelings are hurt over this one.

Wilson had a bad game. Lowery has had a bad career so far. I do think Lowery is interesting at safety but trading him speaks volumes about how happy they are with Smith, Leonhard, Poole and Cook.

Pouha...3rd round, Brad Smith...4th round, Cotchery...4th round, Eric Smith...3rd round

This is where you draft projects. Wilson is a first rounder and Ducasse is a second. This is why fans are reacting to their lack of on-field production IMO

Yeah, but SoFla was referring to Joe McKnight (4th round), too.

Listen, I'm not happy with Wilson, and I've said as much. I don't harp on things that I don't think the team can fix. They aren't cutting him, they brought in Strickland; they're doing what they can there. Ducasse, like it or don't, was brought in to be a project. He's one of those Parcells' planet guys - in that there are only so many people on the planet that size that are that athletic. Guys like that are worth a flier on, especially when you already have a solid OL, and you have a great OL coach for him to work with. Sucks that the first two picks from last years' draft are still in project mode, but it is what it is.

The flipside is that it looks like we've got a third and fifth rounder who look like they'll be contributing as rookies this year. The first rounder's penciled in to start - but I won't hold my breath there. Still, looks like a pretty productive draft for a year without an offseason program.

Contrary to popular belief, Wilson had some nice moments last year to go along with the really bad ones, which mostly came early on.

And he has not played 25 games. Pre-season is not real football.

and

Sounds like a description for Dave Cadigan. Or Jeff Criswell. One of those two bums.

The last 2 CBs the Jets drafted in the first round prior to Wilson were opening day starters their rookie years, and within 2-3 years were fan favorites and considered topflight covermen. Even Tony Stargell and Dwight Lowery were opening day starters at CB. SoFlaJets has it correct... way too many excuses for this kid. Not saying it's time to cut bait yet, but it seems to me that fans are content with him becoming Ray Mickens. Nothing wrong with that career ceiling (I loved Mickens), but you draft that where Kotite drafted Mickens, round 3, not round 1.

Archived