Kellen Clemens to be released by the Skins

Maxman

Why? In the last few years he has lost out to Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez, Mark Brunell, Rex Grossman, John Beck, and Matt Gutierrez. If the Jets need another QB there has to be someone better than that.

I guess cause he knows the system.. but yeah, he's terrible

It always amazed me that Clemens was drafted so high. When you watched him play, you saw a guy with extremely limited physical tools. Just like you see with Mcelroy. A mediocre arm, and zero athletic ability. I mean he wasn't a guy who just had a hard time adjusting to the pro game or with reading defenses or anything like that. The things that usual early round busts have. He just had zero talent.

And the even crazier thing was that he would have been a mid 1st round pick if he didn't break his ankle his sr. year.

It always amazed me that Clemens was drafted so high. When you watched him play, you saw a guy with extremely limited physical tools. Just like you see with Mcelroy. A mediocre arm, and zero athletic ability. I mean he wasn't a guy who just had a hard time adjusting to the pro game or with reading defenses or anything like that. The things that usual early round busts have. He just had zero talent.

And the even crazier thing was that he would have been a mid 1st round pick if he didn't break his ankle his sr. year.

In Mcelroy's short time with the jets he has shown much more then Clemons ever did. I would have more faith today with him stepping in with the first string than I would with Clemons, and it ain't even close.

Thats what i see happening as well.

Let's say McElroy could come back in week 6 (I am guessing, I have no idea). It makes a lot of sense to have Clemens on the team from weeks 2 - 5. If they lose a healthy Sanchez and what they say is a healthy Brunnel in week 1, it really doesn't much matter anyhow.

Let's say McElroy could come back in week 6 (I am guessing, I have no idea). It makes a lot of sense to have Clemens on the team from weeks 2 - 5. If they lose a healthy Sanchez and what they say is a healthy Brunnel in week 1, it really doesn't much matter anyhow.

I think these Jets just don't think that much of Clemens. He was once battling for a starting job, and fell from there to losing the backup job to Brunell. Then he really fell on his face in Washington. I'm thinking his time in the NFL might just about be done.

Rather than pick up a guy who sucks but knows the system, I think they might be more inclined to pick up a guy who has some starting experience.

I think these Jets just don't think that much of Clemens. He was once battling for a starting job, and fell from there to losing the backup job to Brunell. Then he really fell on his face in Washington. I'm thinking his time in the NFL might just about be done.

Rather than pick up a guy who sucks but knows the system, I think they might be more inclined to pick up a guy who has some starting experience.

Agreed. There is that " short period of time left, and he knows the system" argument which is valid. I on the other hand think he sucks and would rather go with someone who at least has not proven to such an extent that they don't belong in the NFL.

It depends on McElroy's timeline. Let's say it is a 6 week thing. They might ride it out with Kellen because a crappy QB that knows the system could get more done a QB who is slightly less crappy but doesn't know the QB.

Archived