Jets Trade For OLineman and Trade Lowery

SoFlaJets

Funny how the same people who want to give up on Wilson and Ducasse, because they weren't immediate studs, are the same people giddy about acquiring an injury prone backup lineman who projects as little more than a backup at the expense of a draft pick and complain about us cutting ties on a 4th string DB who couldn't really play CB or S.

Go figure. Our fans truly suck.

Lowery is going to see significant playing time in Jacksonville. I would be thrilled if we could pull out a 4th. Let's not forget, the only reason Lowery got to see the field as a safety was because the injury of Jimmy. Now with him healthy, Smithy starting, and Pool being the 3rd string, there was absolutely no way Lowery was going to see the field.

I love Lowery but we have to do what's best for our ball club. I think that safety from NE is coming. Just my guess.

Funny how the same people who want to give up on Wilson and Ducasse, because they weren't immediate studs, are the same people giddy about acquiring an injury prone backup lineman who projects as little more than a backup at the expense of a draft pick and complain about us cutting ties on a 4th string DB who couldn't really play CB or S.

Go figure. Our fans truly suck.

I'm starting to think you're related to Tannenbaum. People are willing to give up on Wilson and Ducasse because neither guy plays football well. Its pretty simple. A raw prospect with upside shows flashes of talent but is inconsistent initially. These guys haven't shown squat and even hurt the team when they are on the field. Tading for that JAG and wasting yet anither draft pick is typical Tanny garbage. We don't fault him for the player we didn't draft--because we only draft a few at a time due to throwing away draft picks year in and year out. And Lowery has the same number of pick-6 touchdowns as Darelle Revis. He's not great but has value as a ball magnet. This whole thing puzzles the crap out of me. Surely someone better had to be available at OG.

I'm starting to think you're related to Tannenbaum. People are willing to give up on Wilson and Ducasse because neither guy plays football well. Its pretty simple. A raw prospect with upside shows flashes of talent but is inconsistent initially. These guys haven't shown squat and even hurt the team when they are on the field. Tading for that JAG and wasting yet anither draft pick is typical Tanny garbage. We don't fault him for the player we didn't draft--because we only draft a few at a time due to throwing away draft picks year in and year out. And Lowery has the same number of pick-6 touchdowns as Darelle Revis. He's not great but has value as a ball magnet. This whole thing puzzles the crap out of me. Surely someone better had to be available at OG.

So you are pissed that Tanny "wasted" a draft pick on a backup OG, even though you don't know what round pick it was.... But then you advocate that Tanny give up on a high round OL draft pick after 1 season and an shortened preseason? .

The OG from the Packers probably cost us a 6th or 7th rounder, and that is a waste to you.

However, giving up on Ducasse, a 2nd rounder after a year.... Not a waste.

Makes sense I suppose if you are someone who just likes to complain without giving thought to what your complaining about.

and what does this all say about Vlad Ducasse? Yikes...

I don't know what you think it says, Jimmy, but it certainly doesn't say anything bad about Ducasse. Vlad is the only non-starter on the roster with experience at tackle and they have cut every other guy on the interior line as well. If they didn't like Vlad why did they trade for a guard?

Bit, Rex specifically mentioned that Schlauderaff could snap and play some center. He also mentioned that they would probably slide Slauson if necessary. I remember them playing Slausson at center some last year in camp.

G'luck to Senor Lowery. I thought he was going to be a good one. He's still got the chance to be one of those competent vets who always finds work.

True enough, especially since he's now capable of playing pretty much any secondary position he's asked to take on.

Yeah. I think Lowery is a capable player that was not a good fit for the Jets system. He seems like a face the QB corner. With the Jets he was asked to play man, especially with Rex. I think in a cover 2 type system or mix he could be very good and while he might give up some plays he will get you some turnovers too. IIRC, the Jags play a cover 2 and added Posluzny (and Drew Coleman). They might be a good fit for Lowery. .

I like the move for Schlauderaff. And I think Ducasse is getting better slowly but surely. The main thing is to make sure Vlad never sees time at T again. He simply doesnt have lateral movement to play on the outside. He's a G only, lets stop claiming otherwise.

I like the move for Schlauderaff. And I think Ducasse is getting better slowly but surely. The main thing is to make sure Vlad never sees time at T again. He simply doesnt have lateral movement to play on the outside. He's a G only, lets stop claiming otherwise.

Talk about completely missing the point. Never mind the whole "I saw a guy make mistakes, so this 6th round pick who was about to be cut must be better" mentality, but Schauderaff is a straight guard. They got the guy so that Ducasse can play tackle and nothing but tackle. I wrote a piece on this, but Phil won't post it because he is afraid that I will sue him for his vintage magnet collection. The first cuts the Jets made included EVERY tackle on the roster except D'Brick, Hunter and Ducasse. They kept Felix around. Then they cut Felix and traded for Schlauderaff. They have since picked up Collin Baxter who is a center. These players are replacing Rob Turner until he comes back. They certainly aren't going to keep Ducasse from playing tackle. They even added two offensive linemen to the practice squad, Kroul and Canfield. Both are guards.

Ducasse didn't look so good that I would be shocked if the Jets pick up another tackle, but so far they haven't. You said that Ducasse has been improving. Did you notice that against the Texans when he had the bad start he was playing guard for Moore? It's only since they started to concentrate his playing time at tackle (he played there exclusively Thursday) that he has improved.

Talk about completely missing the point. Never mind the whole "I saw a guy make mistakes, so this 6th round pick who was about to be cut must be better" mentality, but Schauderaff is a straight guard. They got the guy so that Ducasse can play tackle and nothing but tackle. I wrote a piece on this, but Phil won't post it because he is afraid that I will sue him for his vintage magnet collection. The first cuts the Jets made included EVERY tackle on the roster except D'Brick, Hunter and Ducasse. They kept Felix around. Then they cut Felix and traded for Schlauderaff. They have since picked up Collin Baxter who is a center. These players are replacing Rob Turner until he comes back. They certainly aren't going to keep Ducasse from playing tackle. They even added two offensive linemen to the practice squad, Kroul and Canfield. Both are guards.

Ducasse didn't look so good that I would be shocked if the Jets pick up another tackle, but so far they haven't. You said that Ducasse has been improving. Did you notice that against the Texans when he had the bad start he was playing guard for Moore? It's only since they started to concentrate his playing time at tackle (he played there exclusively Thursday) that he has improved.

Lol, dude I know its pretty much your job to dissagree with me but Ducasse wont be a remotely serviceable Tackle because he has slow feet and cannot move laterally. He played better as a RG in the games that i saw improvement. Had a great block from RG that scored on a goal line run from Powell. In no way was I indicating that Caleb will be a Tackle, i already knew he's a straight guard.

Lol, dude I know its pretty much your job to dissagree with me but Ducasse wont be a remotely serviceable Tackle because he has slow feet and cannot move laterally. He played better as a RG in the games that i saw improvement. Had a great block from RG that scored on a goal line run from Powell.

Forget our opinions of his play, logically please explain how signing a guard and a center indicate that the Jets are planning to use Ducasse at guard and not tackle. There are three guys listed at tackle on the team. He is one of them.

Oh come on, you're smarter than this. It's a conditional pick. You know damn well that we're probably not going to wind up giving up anything for the dude when all is said and done.

No! I absolutely disagree! I am not smarter than this. And how dare you assume to know how not smart I am! But seriously, Cromartie was a conditional pick once too. and he cost us a 2nd rounder before we released/didn't re-sign him while going after Aso. Conditional only means he'll cost a little or he'll cost a lot. He should cost nothing or come with a goodie bag full of Atlantic Health Shwag. JMO. Also, he isn't worth a draft pick. At all.

As a Side note: i'll never forgive Shane for taking this wierd hiatus and not assisting me in attacking Tannenbaum. I'm lonely. But I'm smaaht. Like Fredo. i been skipped over...but I'm Smahht!

No! I absolutely disagree! I am not smarter than this. And how dare you assume to know how not smart I am! But seriously, Cromartie was a conditional pick once too. and he cost us a 2nd rounder before we released/didn't re-sign him while going after Aso. Conditional only means he'll cost a little or he'll cost a lot. He should cost nothing or come with a goodie bag full of Atlantic Health Shwag. JMO. Also, he isn't worth a draft pick. At all.

Just because he's banned doesn't mean you need to start going all Visa with your parallels in his memory.

not sure if your being serious, but anyways, Miami no longer has a need for Blocking FB's as it's becoming more and more clear were going to be a Passing team.

I'm dead serious. Polite was a monster. I'm not even talking about from a blocking stand point. They guy has never lost a yard while carrying the rock and if I'm not mistaken, has never been stopped on a 3rd/4th and short situation. Considering your starting RB is Reggie Bush, I'd think you could find a lot of value in a short yardage RB who also is great blocker in the run game and in the pass game.

I'm dead serious. Polite was a monster. I'm not even talking about from a blocking stand point. They guy has never lost a yard while carrying the rock and if I'm not mistaken, has never been stopped on a 3rd/4th and short situation. Considering your starting RB is Reggie Bush, I'd think you could find a lot of value in a short yardage RB who also is great blocker in the run game and in the pass game.

He was money on short yardage situations, but i guess not valued enough to keep. There looking for this new kid Clay to be pass catching threat from the FB position.

you r kidding right? Lowery probably has more pick 6's then Revis has been thrown against..who would you pick on? DUH

Was this move about getting the Guard, or about Lowery/Merriweather?

Is Schlauderaff a scrub or something? If the coaches think we're soft on the OL, I favor protecting the QB. First downs make a safety's job easier.

It was about both because they were two separate moves.

They traded an undisclosed pick to Green Bay for the guard and made a different deal to get an undisclosed pick for Lowery. The two moves aren't directly related. Schlauderaff was a 6th round pick that probably wouldn't have made Green Bay's roster but the Jets like him better than Canfield, Felix, Taylor at guard. Lowery is obviously too good to just cut outright, but I don't think he'll be a big hitter and he isn't fast enough to be the man-to-man cover corner we like. He's a much better fit for a cover 2 and I think that is what Jacksonville plays.

you r kidding right? Lowery probably has more pick 6's then Revis has been thrown against..who would you pick on? DUH

Revis has a few more seasons under his belt, though. And he's an every down starter. Guaranteed he haas had more passes come his way than Lowery has. Of course he's a far better player--but the comparison was meant to highlight Lowery's ball hawking skills. Lowery had that Ray Mickens big-play ability.

Forget our opinions of his play, logically please explain how signing a guard and a center indicate that the Jets are planning to use Ducasse at guard and not tackle. There are three guys listed at tackle on the team. He is one of them.

Maybe because Ducasse has played so bad he should've already been cut? Wouldn't that make him a liability anywhere he plays? Schlauderaff was brought in as Ducasse's replacement every bit as much as Turner's.

Maybe because Ducasse has played so bad he should've already been cut? Wouldn't that make him a liability anywhere he plays? Schlauderaff was brought in as Ducasse's replacement every bit as much as Turner's.

How was Schlauderaff brought in as Ducasse's replacement? They play different positions. Ducasse is the only one on the team that plays back up OT

Archived