One Thing Thing That Isn't Realistic About Star Wars

RutgersJetFan

On a similar note to this pic, a bicycle d-bag cut my gf and I off in the car a few days ago, (never seen douchebaggery on the level of bike people until I moved to Chicago), and as he flicked us off after she honked, the best I could come up to yell out the window as he was peddling away was "f*ck you 4-eyes!" You know, because he had glasses on.

Lies.

Dude, everyone knows Vader's Force powers were severely diminished due to his a$$-whooping at the hands of Obi-Wan and subsequent half machine construction. Luke wasn't really all that great of a Jedi if you look at how he fared more often than not, it's just that it was all on a relative basis. Hell, he was even getting his a$$ whooped by Vader in ROTJ until he completely lost his sh*t when Vader threatened to go after Leia, and that only happened because his Jedi powers were too weak a$$ to keep Vader from finding out about her in about 2 seconds after Obi-Wan spent decades keeping that bitch a secret. Hell, for the 20 years prior, the only people in the galaxy rocking the Force were an old hermit Obi-Wan, Yoda sitting alone in a freakin' swamp, half robot Vader and that old crusty **** Emperor who proved within a moment he can still whoop all their asses if not for getting jumped from behind by his boy. There wasn't exactly a lot of competition in the "new Jedi" department for Luke, that's all.

Agreed. Luke was more lucky than anything else.

Pennington wasn't really all that great of a Jedi if you look at how he fared more often than not, it's just that it was all on a relative basis.... Hell, for the 20 years prior, the only people in the galaxy rocking the Force were an old hermit Esiason, Ray Lucas sitting alone in a freakin' swamp, half robot O'Brien and that old crusty **** Testaverde who proved within a moment he can still whoop all their asses if not for getting jumped from behind by the Meadowlands astroturf. There wasn't exactly a lot of competition in the "new Jedi" department for Chadwick, that's all.

What happens after the Death Star blows up? YOu aren't gojng to let a bunch of ewoks and Jar Jar run a galaxy economy. Midichlorians are another form of monarchy, not necessarily a better system based on what Vader and Palantine. Also, in the last episode they have very sophisticated medical technology yet Padame has NO IDEA she has twins.

Face it; all Lucas gives a boris about is selling Happy meal toys, video games and merchanidising crap. The whole thing is warmed over senseless hooey.

Would the Ewoks not have gone extinct after the Death Star blew up? You've got something a couple of hundreds of miles across going kaboom, with the assorted shock wave, debris (probably a s**t load of highly radioactive materials) landing right on the Forest Moon, so those Ewoks that don't die of radiation sickness get killed off in the following nuclear winter.

And Jar Jar would probably end up strung upside down from a lamppost.

and another thing. luke and leia are twins, and when they meet they don't even figure it out ? why can't leia use the force ? vader can sniff out luke from another starship, but he can't even figure out leia is his daughter when he boards her ship ?

******* lame man

and another thing. luke and leia are twins, and when they meet they don't even figure it out ? why can't leia use the force ? vader can sniff out luke from another starship, but he can't even figure out leia is his daughter when he boards her ship ?

******* lame man

Female character + 70s + movie for nerds....

So Empire is set 3 years after New Hope, and then Jedi is 1 year after Empire. Figure Luke's just started his Jedi training in IV, and it's not even real Jedi training, it's like ghetto Jedi training because there's no council and no formal-type sh*t. Nothing like Anakin was going through from Phantom Menace to Sith. He's not even really studying seriously under anyone at the beginning of Empire, doesn't get to Yoda until a little bit into the movie actually. He gets his a$$ handed to him by Vader, but then in Jedi, only a YEAR later, he's suddenly a Jedi master and Vader tells him his skills are complete just because he constructed a new light saber? Never mind the fact that Vader supposedly trained over 13 years to get to the level where he was at in Sith (yes I looked it up); are we really to believe that Luke is that much more of a natural at the force that he needed less than 25% of the time that it took for Vader to get to that level? All this while training under a decrepit Yoda in a swamp for only PART of that time, while Vader was traveling the galaxy and fighting wars with Obi Wan for his training? There's no way he should have been able to beat Vader in a light saber duel at the end of Jedi.

all i heard was nerd.

FYI - Star Wars - The Old Republic is coming out as an MMO (massively multi-player) game. Its due out in November and if you love star wars, you will love being part of the game itself. Choose between the good and the bad(Jedi v. Sith).

LL

The chances of my brother doing anything productive with his life just dropped from 1% to absolute zero.

FYI - Star Wars - The Old Republic is coming out as an MMO (massively multi-player) game. Its due out in November and if you love star wars, you will love being part of the game itself. Choose between the good and the bad(Jedi v. Sith).

LL

Blue Horseshoe loves fall Twinkie and Pepsi futures.

I'd short deodorant and toothpaste companies.

I think the time periods are roughly the same in effective training, I guess Luke's is a bit shorter but Vader is weaker by then anyway too.

Anakin started at around 6 or so, those first 10 years of training aren't really that great. They're important as a foundation, but a dedicated couple of years in your late teenage years/early twenties can probably be more important.

I mean compare a kid playing peewee and HS ball, with someone like Antonio Gates who learns his position in 2 years and is great.

Vaders Mask:

Only moments before death did he take it off for Luke.

So how did he eat?

If he can eat, has he ever belched CornNuts or Funyuns in the mask?

If so, has he ever puked in the mask?

And what chick would ever go out with him? Mask on = no tongue. Mask off = humpty dumpty.

Archived