It Pains Me To Say It, But The Pats.....

JonEJet

are primed for a big year. They had a real solid off season

1. Bringing in solid vets solidifying both O-Line (Waters) D-line (Haynesworth, Carter, Ellis. Anderson) and Wideout (Ochocinco)

2. Moving out players not suited for their system (Merriweather)

3. Signing Gronk Jr (Solid move for the clubhouse)

Are they beatable, sure....but they are much, much better than last year.

And that kills me to say it

1. Bringing in solid vets solidifying both O-Line (Waters) D-line (Haynesworth, Carter, Ellis. Anderson) and Wideout (Ochocinco)

You jinxing bastard! :winking0001:

I do have a question though.....how is signing Dan JAGronkowski going to help the clubhouse? Brotherly love on display? What happens when they release him to make room for Alge's return (I hope, I pray)....honestly, the signing makes me a little mad. You give up on two solid prospects (Yeatman, Smith) for this dude? He was cut by the Lions and the Bronco's. What does that say? No much.

They have improved their roster since last season. Not sure if we have as of yet

You know what's funny? If any of the NFL's other 31 teams made the exact same moves the Pats made this offseason, the media would be killing that team for adding malcontents and old guys while cutting Pro-Bowl talent.

The Pats do it and it is praised akin to Einstein developing the theory of relativity. :face:

Ehh, I disagree. Last year they had a flukey season. Many of those wins were simply from teams laying down for them. I don't care what anyone says, claiming the Pats were in a rebuilding year last year is bs. They have all their best players, one thing they didn't have was a solid receiving core, but they have Brady so they're fine.

1. They are switching to a new defensive scheme this year. That means most of them are learning a new system and could very well stuggle early, but even with the defense last year, they were still one of the worst in the league. I don't honestly think Haynesworth changes the D THAT much. He helps the run defense, yes, but overall not a big impact. Players like McCourty who thrived with interceptions last year will be quieter, since people know he can do that and also because of a new defensive scheme. His coverage overall wasn't great, however, the pats still gave up more yards than just about everyone last season. Sean Ellis is hurt and doubtful he'll make even close to the same impact he did on the Jets last year.

2. You can praise their off season moves all you want, but the Jets had a much better off season. Chad Ochocinco is over the hill. TO outplayed him last season by a large margin. I know Palmer isn't the greatest QB but he had no problems getting the ball to TO, while Chad was never open. He's not going to improve the offense that much. Brady and the o line are the only things that matter on that offense. Everything else is interchangeable when you have a QB and line that good.

Thinking the Pats will do better than 14-2 this year, is silly. They will be 11-5 at best. That's what they should have been last year. Maybe man for man they improve slightly, but there's no way they have a better record this year.

I do not think the Pats improved. And they have as yet to prove they can win a playoff game, even one at home.

But i have more doubts about what we have done this off season. I think there are many areas of concern like

1. The depth and performance on our O-line.

2. Have 2 34+ years receivers and no depth after the first 3.

3. Lack of pass rush.

They're so good ..... they shouldn't even have to play their games ...... word

just watch any and every sports show from ESPN, The NFLN all the way to SNY and they all are saying Pats in the super bowl....again...I swear I haven't heard one guy say they WON'T be in the SB this year, have you guys?

They're going to win a lot of games for as long as Tom Brady's playing at a high level, and they're still the team to beat in the AFCe, but I don't see them being any better than last year's team - and certainly not much, much better. The wildcard is Hayensworth, but losing Ty Warren is still big. Ocho has been lost on the Pats so far. I think behaving has taken away some of his mojo. The retired a pro bowl guard, and have a somewhat less than adequate replacement. Their secondary remains suspect.

They're going to win a lot of games for as long as Tom Brady's playing at a high level, and they're still the team to beat in the AFCe, but I don't see them being any better than last year's team - and certainly not much, much better. The wildcard is Hayensworth, but losing Ty Warren is still big. Ocho has been lost on the Pats so far. I think behaving has taken away some of his mojo. The retired a pro bowl guard, and have a somewhat less than adequate replacement. Their secondary remains suspect.

I absolutely agree with the first sentence. As long as the defense is adequate (not great, but middle of the pack), having Brady on his game will keep this team very good for a few more years.

I loved Ty Warren when he was healthy, but he has been banged up the last couple years, including missing most of last season. The team would have been better with a healthy Ty Warren, but word from Denver is he wasn't quite there yet, and now he is injured again anyways. Better to have guys on the roster actually available to play.

Comparing this year to last year, they are returning virtually all of their meaningful starters. The only real changes are at and DL. Personally I'm of the opinion that anything Ocho gives is gravy. Brady is just fine throwing to Welker, Branch, Edelman, Gronk, and Hernandez.

The real question is can the young safeties play at LEAST as well as Merriweather and Sanders did last year, and can the revamped DL rotation help them improve their horrid 3rd down defense.

I think Tom Brady is a really good quarterback. He can really throw the football. He's pretty tall too. And they have receivers that can catch the football after they run their route. Their offensive line usually blocks the defense, especially on running plays, so that's good too. I think it's also interesting how their defensive players tackle the offensive player with the ball. Always a good sign of a solid defense.

I think Tom Brady is a really good quarterback. He can really throw the football. He's pretty tall too. And they have receivers that can catch the football after they run their route. Their offensive line usually blocks the defense, especially on running plays, so that's good too. I think it's also interesting how their defensive players tackle the offensive player with the ball. Always a good sign of a solid defense.

Plus he can do this:

Archived