Maybe, but Harry Potter wasn't realistic either.

JerryK

Star Wars may have some issues, but in the interests of fair play I think we need a Harry Potter heckling thread. ..and I'll be thrilled to start it off.

Glasses:

This kid can change a lizard into a bird, but he can't fix his f****king eyesight? My son said

"it's the rules. You can't do a spell on yourself".

..Ok, so your FRIENDS can't fix your f***king eyesight? I'd come up with a nice spell to put big black circles around everyone's eyes and see how they like it. A**holes.

Harry ends up with the redhead? Really? Harry, you really need to find a spell to fix those eyes. I realize his wingman can't take her because she's his sister but that's no excuse for not picking the other chick.

Why does everyone (except Harry/Wingman/Ugly/Pretty) seem like they're 'up to something bad'? For all his power, professor Dinkeldork can't mix up a 'jackass detector' potion and nuke the a**holes before we need 50 movies?

Don't get me started on middle earth.

Harry Potter totally had me until they all walked through that pillar at the train station. No way that can happen in real life.

Went to see Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon when it was in theaters. The people behind me walked out because jumping from bamboo tree to bamboo tree wasn't realistic.

Oh, and you can't blow up a shark with an oxygen tank.

Went to see Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon when it was in theaters. The people behind me walked out because jumping from bamboo tree to bamboo tree wasn't realistic.

Those people obviously have never been to Japan and have never met beach front law enforcement.

Seriously. Everybody knows that spray repellant is the only way to go when fighting sharks in open water.

bat-shark-repellent.jpg?w=300&h=200

Haha... the Jaws reference made me laugh. It amazes me when people play the "oh, i didn't like that movie - it wasn't realistic" card. Its an effing movie, not being realistic is the point - it is supposed to be artistic. As a creative professional, and someone that went to art school, one of my favorite quotes from a prof was this... during a drawing class "Art is about interpreting reality. Draw what you see. NOT what you think you should see."

Archived