"What I (Query) said: A source I consider reliable told me he is out for the

season. I do believe that the actual diagnosis is still being determined"

Query then followed that with: "I (Query) was also told the 3rd procedure has

taken place, either Sun or Monday."

Understand that this is not official by any stretch. This is a radio host in

Indianapolis (that I don't know much about) saying this is what his sources

are telling him.

It certainly fits with the worse case scenarios we've been envisioning but it

should be stressed that we have no facts or words from the Colts to back this up.

It's also worth noting that the Colts and Bill Polian are going to be the absolute

last people on earth to tell us this.

My gut feel is that I'd positively let someone else take the chance on Manning at

just about any price right now. I know some are saying now is the time to scoop

him up for pennies. I'm not one of those guys.

This is perhaps not related in any way shape or form, but I think it's worth

understanding that Peyton's older brother, Cooper, quit football after it was

discovered he had a congenital spine issue. I'm NOT saying Peyton has the same

issue. But I am saying Cooper's issue is something he thinks about as he plans

his future. It would be impossible for it not to be considered for him.

Older (but still relevant) article here: http://www.sptimes.c...r_Manning.shtml

Thanks to Footballguy Andy Binder for the headsup on this news.

^ eh?

I don't see another thread..

jif was pounding his chest about getting manning in the 4th round of last nights fantasy draft.... no worries though, he smartly drafted ryan fitzpatrick as a back up..

Hey jif.. want to deal? I've got Cutler and Pig Pen and am in need of another back

jif was pounding his chest about getting manning in the 4th round of last nights fantasy draft.... no worries though, he smartly drafted ryan fitzpatrick as a back up..

Hey jif.. want to deal? I've got Cutler and Pig Pen and am in need of another back

I'd take Fitzpatrick in fantasy over Cutler or Big Ben

Muwhahahahahaha. Its amazing how such an Incredible football mind could slip up. I guess it shows hes just human after all .

who cares.

Sucks to see someone hurt, but if he doesn't play then it's good news for us. Obviously we want to win the division but Colts without Manning means only Houston will be viable, making the wild cards that much easier to grab.

IF Manning is out all season, AFC playoff picture looks like this:

Likely competitors:

West: San Diego,

North: Pittsburgh, Baltimore

South: Houston

East: Jets, Pats

In other words, a playoff spot will be there for all of these teams. When you look at who exactly will compete with them, there's not much there. West: Chiefs: possible, but not likely, North: no one (Cincy and Cleveland aren't going anywhere this year), South: no one, Jax and Tenn aren't going anywhere this year), East: Dolphins: possible, but not likely.

So the teams that may push for wildcard spots are just the Chiefs and Phins. Not much competition there. You gotta feel good about the chances of gaining a wildcard again at the very least.

I'll believe it when I see it.

a lot of people care

and you obviously care because you took your time to enter the thread AND issue a response to it... owned

So because I post a response to a thread it means I give a sh*t? Ok then with your stupid logic.

So because I post a response to a thread it means I give a sh*t? Ok then with your stupid logic.

Blackout and DLJ -- in light of the current situation here, I don't think I would fight with each other right now. Thanks.

Here's my theory: The Colts will put Peyton on IR and tank the season and go 2-14 so they can draft Andrew Luck and have another QB who will carry the team and organization for the next 10-15 years like Manning did. Having a guy like that covers up for a lot of other boneheaded moves they made and will make

Here's my theory: The Colts will put Peyton on IR and tank the season and go 2-14 so they can draft Andrew Luck and have another QB who will carry the team and organization for the next 10-15 years like Manning did. Having a guy like that covers up for a lot of other boneheaded moves they made and will make

Then Washington is going 1-15 because they want that #1 pick.

Colts owner: Peyton Manning will be out “awhile”

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 8, 2011, 9:17 AM EDT

The news about Peyton Manning’s injury is going to get worse before it gets better.

The latest from Colts information director/owner Jim Irsay, via Twitter:

“NFL Season opens 2nite!We had a good practice yesterday and r guys r fired up 4 the season.#18′s out for awhile,but compete,we will/BELIEVE,” Irsay wrote.

That followed up a tweet on Wednesday night from Irsay that said Manning hasn’t had another surgery, and that the Colts would add information and clarity to the situation soon.

This much is clear: Manning’s injury is not going to be a one or two week problem. This is going to take “awhile.”

Colts owner: Peyton Manning will be out “awhile”

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 8, 2011, 9:17 AM EDT

The news about Peyton Manning’s injury is going to get worse before it gets better.

The latest from Colts information director/owner Jim Irsay, via Twitter:

“NFL Season opens 2nite!We had a good practice yesterday and r guys r fired up 4 the season.#18′s out for awhile,but compete,we will/BELIEVE,” Irsay wrote.

That followed up a tweet on Wednesday night from Irsay that said Manning hasn’t had another surgery, and that the Colts would add information and clarity to the situation soon.

This much is clear: Manning’s injury is not going to be a one or two week problem. This is going to take “awhile.”

Irsay is a twitter master.

Jacksonville may get in the way of this diabolical plan, however....shoot, there's a few teams that could.

Jacksonville may get in the way of this diabolical plan, however....shoot, there's a few teams that could.

I don't think Jax will Tee-Del Rio is playing for his professional life this year-he won't tank it-I could actually see Indy doing it though-Irasay is a weird dude and Caldwell a lap dog-

I thought they did do that to get Peyton too in the first place. They know how important that top QB prospect is. Especially if you get Peyton to tutor his heir apparent (and he would do it too without hesitation).

I'm still sore at Parcells for pulling that crap and not getting us Peyton when we had the chance. Both Mannings would have been in NY that way too.

Archived