Sanchez-Romo

Obrien2Toon

Your incessant whining about everything related to our WRs is well documented. I dont have to put any words in your mouth. You've questioned both their ability to perform (Plax being out, Mason being old, and not having the ever so important continuity w/ their QB) and you've bitched about them making it through the season an into the playoffs. Its well documented for the board to see...to start denying that you've never made such claims only makes you look silly. So stop back tracking. Its all on this board for the everyone to see.

And your no huddle opinion stinks. He's got the same problems running the offense that way as he does when he's in the huddle.

You are pitiful and still continue to make sh*t up. You know exactly why I was upset about the WR situation and it had to do with weather or not they could last the season anyone with a brain would know that but since your arguements wreak with crappy football knowledge i guess you would have to try anything to make a point . Its really quite sad.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about we have a pretty solid young QB who has demonstrated a penchant to be a clutch performer and is steadily improving but still needs to be more consistent and cut down on mistakes?

This is my position on Sanchez. I think he's going to be a very good QB in this league -I really do!- but 's not there yet. He's shown me enough flashes for me to think he can one day get it all together, though.

I hate to make excuses (but I will). He's still a young guy who came out of school with very little experience. And he's still got Brian Schottenheimer as his coordinator. It takes time -usually- for QB's to develop. Time and good coaching. He's still lacking in both.

Going into the hurry up isn't going to fix those issues, either. That doesn't mean I wouldn't mind seeing it in spots, it just means that I don't want to see the team open games in it. You get a defensive package on the field that you think you can exploit - that's a good time to switch to the no huddle so they can't make substitutions.

Rookie Mistakes ??? So I guess every freakin game he needs to be flawless to impress you ? he was under serious pressure all night last night he fumbled from a blind side hit when trying to escape the rush from 2 areas on the O-Line he never saw the guy but somehow thats a rookie mistake ? The INT it seems he never saw the guy . other than 2 plays he played very well and faired much better than most QB's would have under as much pressure the cowboys were producing.

Locking in on his primary target and telegraphing his pass is a rookie mistake.

There is a wide margin between flawless, which nobody expects, and doing enough on his own to turn the ball over 4x.

Actually no. His completions generally came when his primary target was wide open. 80 of his passing yards came from his backs. He fumbled twice. He threw a horrible pick to a nobody LB who easily read his eyes and escaped a second one that was dropped. Dallas's secondary was totally depleted. He missed Plaxico by about 4 yards on 2-yard pass as the game was closing. A lot of quick drops and quick dumpoffs were on the menu with the shoddy OL play so I would expect his completion percentage to be up there. He missed 4-5 wide, wide open receivers because he typically only looks at his primary and no one else. On the sack-fumble no one was within 10 yards of Keller but Sanchez would never know it because he has his back to half the field and never looks to the other half unless the OL gives him 6 seconds to do something.

He has not improved at all, now that you bring it up. Clearly he made some good throws, but that is to be expected when he attempts almost 40-50 passes. 60% is pathetic against a secondary like Dallas fielded, with the receiving weapons Sanchez has at his disposal.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt to an extent, due to the shortened off-season, but the off-season was shortened for everyone not just the Jets. Hopefully things get better for our QB.

77% of his yards came from his WRs and TEs Sperm. His backs only accounted for 80 of 335 passing yards. This is math, not an assumption made by someone who clearly saw what they wanted to see last night and not what really happened.

That same LB did the exact same thing to Peyton Manning last year - TWICE! Is Manning a sh*tty QB? Not all INTs are bad plays by the QB, lets give credit to a young LB who had a monster game and made a great play and who seems to have a penchant for making that exact play.

Dump offs? Did you watch the same game I did last night? He was mainly throwing downfield in the 2-minute drill at the end of the first and throughout the second half. I haven't seen a Jet QB throw downfield that much since O'Brien at his best.

You are pitiful and still continue to make sh*t up. You know exactly why I was upset about the WR situation and it had to do with weather or not they could last the season anyone with a brain would know that but since your arguements wreak with crappy football knowledge i guess you would have to try anything to make a point . Its really quite sad.

Ok buddy, if you say so. If you say you havent bitched and moaned all offseason about how Holmes stinks and is overpaid, how Plaxico hasnt played in 2 years and is old, and how Mason is washed up and how neither of them will make it through the playoffs and how they havent had time to develop a rapport with Sanchez...and every other single thing you could bitch about concerning our WR's...then you must be telling the truth and I'm the liar. It must have been someone else at the forefront of all those arguments. It couldnt have been you because you say so it wasnt.

He was money in the playoffs - twice - and that's where I prefer him stepping up. But overall right now he's still a very mediocre-at-best QB who is making rookie mistakes and not seeing the whole field in his 3rd season.

I hate when people call it "rookie" mistakes. You watch QBs week in & week out and they all make that same mistake, young and old, good or bad. The good ones make less of them.

Romo is 31 yr old and a pro bowler. He made the so called "rookie mistake." The bottom line is that all QBs get fooled. Sanchez' problem on the INT is that he got tricked into thinking Lee was rushing rather than dropping into coverage. That's prep & game film.

I'm pretty sure that if the Jets played the Cowboys again he'd be ready for such a deception.

Locking in on his primary target and telegraphing his pass is a rookie mistake.

There is a wide margin between flawless, which nobody expects, and doing enough on his own to turn the ball over 4x.

Sperm I think your overreacting a bit how could you know if he was locked on his target ? Looked to me like he never saw Lee who happens to be a pretty good LB not a piece of garbage.

Ok buddy, if you say so. If you say you havent bitched and moaned all offseason about how Holmes stinks and is overpaid, how Plaxico hasnt played in 2 years and is old, and how Mason is washed up and now neither of them will make it through the playoffs and how they havent had time to develop a rapport with Sanchez...and every other single thing you could bitch about concerning our WR's...then you must be telling the truth and I'm the liar. It must have been someone else at the forefrunt of all those arguments. It couldnt have been you because you say so it wasnt.

There you go again LOL just because I think Holmes is over paid that must equate to him stinking ??? You are the worst and your digging a deeper hole of Idiot everytime you talk.

The fact that Plax and Mason have not had time to develop is a valid concern for anyone who knows the freakin game of football ONCE AGAIN that does not mean that any of the parties in question stink it just means they have not had time due to injury. Also ONCE AGAIN ability IS NOT in question here lasting the entire season is. You know that, and Ive made that clear so stop the bullsh*t JIF

I hate when people call it "rookie" mistakes. You watch QBs week in & week out and they all make that same mistake, young and old, good or bad. The good ones make less of them.

Romo is 31 yr old and a pro bowler. He made the so called "rookie mistake." The bottom line is that all QBs get fooled. Sanchez' problem on the INT is that he got tricked into thinking Lee was rushing rather than dropping into coverage. That's prep & game film.

I'm pretty sure that if the Jets played the Cowboys again he'd be ready for such a deception.

Nice Post SMC !

There you go again LOL just because I think Holmes is over paid that must equate to him stinking ??? You are the worst and your digging a deeper hole of Idiot everytime you talk.

The fact that Plax and Mason have not had time to develop is a valid concern for anyone who knows the freakin game of football ONCE AGAIN that does not mean that any of the parties in question stink it just means they have not had time due to injury. Also ONCE AGAIN ability IS NOT in question here lasting the entire season is. You know that, and Ive made that clear so stop the bullsh*t JIF

You're denial is amusing, to say the least.

You win Smash, you havent said anything negative about our WR situation at all this entire offseason. You've been 100% agreement with all the offseason decision, especially in the WR depth. You didnt want Lance Moore over Holmes. Nah, that wasnt you.

Sanchez looked the same to me as he did last year... flashes of looking good, flashes of looking like the worst qb in football.... he just had more opportunity for both last night on account of his attempts..

People should remember a few things.. dallas was crowding the line, playing the run.. making it easier to pass.... the 2 td's thing isn't something I'd hang your hat on, if play calls were different the first one could've easily been a running td and lastly, dallas's secondary was depleted

my overall opinion hasn't changed at all from when he was a rookie... I think he'll be a good qb someday, it's just further from a sure thing then a guy like matt ryan.... But, it's not like he has inherent weaknesses like that noodle armed chicken pennington

77% of his yards came from his WRs and TEs Sperm. His backs only accounted for 80 of 335 passing yards. This is math, not an assumption made by someone who clearly saw what they wanted to see last night and not what really happened.

That same LB did the exact same thing to Peyton Manning last year - TWICE! Is Manning a sh*tty QB? Not all INTs are bad plays by the QB, lets give credit to a young LB who had a monster game and made a great play and who seems to have a penchant for making that exact play.

Dump offs? Did you watch the same game I did last night? He was mainly throwing downfield in the 2-minute drill at the end of the first and throughout the second half. I haven't seen a Jet QB throw downfield that much since O'Brien at his best.

The dumpoffs are why his completion percentage was even 60%. C'mon, man.

I didn't say he did nothing right, though that seems to be what you're arguing. He made a couple of really outstanding throws. And he still makes rookie-type mistakes. Why this gets your panties in a bunch is beyond me. I think most people saw the game. You apparently only saw the completed passes.

And when Sanchez becomes anywhere near the QB Peyton Manning has been, then I'll start cutting him the same slack people cut Manning. Besides, that was the worst 3-week span of Manning's career since his rookie season ended and if a 4-int game is the measuring stick Sanchez has to compare favorably to you're setting the bar low once again.

Going into the hurry up isn't going to fix those issues, either. That doesn't mean I wouldn't mind seeing it in spots, it just means that I don't want to see the team open games in it. You get a defensive package on the field that you think you can exploit - that's a good time to switch to the no huddle so they can't make substitutions.

This is exactly how to run the offense. The No Huddle prevents defenses from substituting and adjusting. In the No Huddle you dictate the pace and it is used at times by a lot of teams in the NFL. Since Sanchez seems to excell in this situation you would think common sense would take over and we would mix it in Moore .

Sanchez looked the same to me as he did last year... flashes of looking good, flashes of looking like the worst qb in football.... he just had more opportunity for both last night on account of his attempts..

People should remember a few things.. dallas was crowding the line, playing the run.. making it easier to pass.... the 2 td's thing isn't something I'd hang your hat on, if play calls were different the first one could've easily been a running td and lastly, dallas's secondary was depleted

lastly, my overall opinion hasn't changed at all from when he was a rookie... I think he'll be a good qb someday, but it was a risky pick.... But, it's not like he has inherent weaknesses like that noodle armed chicken pennington

Well put.

I'm through with ripping Sanchez, and already devoted 5 more posts to it than I'd intended. I'm enjoying this win.

He recognized the man in his throwing lane later in the game when it looked like Holmes was wide open for a TD, but wasn't. He pulled the ball down for a smart non-throw.

I didn't say he did nothing right, though that seems to be what you're arguing. He made a couple of really outstanding throws. And he still makes rookie-type mistakes. Why this gets your panties in a bunch is beyond me. I think most people saw the game. You apparently only saw the completed passes.

And when Sanchez becomes anywhere near the QB Peyton Manning has been, then I'll start cutting him the same slack people cut Manning. Besides, that was the worst 3-week span of Manning's career since his rookie season ended and if a 4-int game is the measuring stick Sanchez has to compare favorably to you're setting the bar low once again.

Oh please. It seems to me that you are locking onto the two glaring mistakes Sanchez made last night and are blowing them up to be much bigger in than they are in Sanchez's overall performance. I'll grant you they were big and either could have easily cost us the game but they still don't erase the positives from last night. Sanchez got us back into the game with a great 2-minute drill and played overall very solid and if he plays like that all year, we'll be just fine. The defense was a much bigger culprit last night.

When was the last time you wathced BREES and RIVERS and MANNING play ?? Do you think their Completion percentage is 65 + by throwing 20 yard outs all game long ?? NO they use their backs to get in rhythm and also take what the defense gives them. Eventually the defense moves up and they attack down field. if backs were not a big part of their offenses you would see a 55 % completion rating. So dont say Sanchez' only had a high rating because of passes to his backs when every QB in football with a high percentage uses thier backs. We have one back who can actully catch the ball where teams with QB's with high percentages have stables of backs who can all catch the ball . This gives them an advantage because you cant just focus on one player ...Thing I worry about with us is when we bring in LT teams will begin to adapt and take him out of the game plan. Then who do we throw too ? Joe McKnight on the bench ? No hands Shonn Greene ?

You're denial is amusing, to say the least.

You win Smash, you havent said anything negative about our WR situation at all this entire offseason. You've been 100% agreement with all the offseason decision, especially in the WR depth. You didnt want Lance Moore over Holmes. Nah, that wasnt you.

The Lance Moore thing was a scenario, I didnt want us to Dump Holmes and Get Moore and thats it, but thats how your making it sound. I like Moore in the Slot because hes a good slot WR but we would have had to Keep Braylon and Holmes to make that work or replace Holmes with a guy Like Sidney Rice. There was more thought that went into that than just replacing Holmes with Moore . I would have even been happy with a Moore Plax Holmes secnario or a Moore Braylon Plax Secnario. Moore is obviously a Slot Receiver so his position in the offense would have been different than a Holmes or and Edwards. Screw me for not explaining every postion on the field to you JIF

The Lance Moore thing was a scenario, I didnt want us to Dump Holmes and Get Moore and thats it, but thats how your making it sound. I like Moore in the Slot because hes a good slot WR but we would have had to Keep Braylon and Holmes to make that work or replace Holmes with a guy Like Sidney Rice. There was more thought that went into that than just replacing Holmes with Moore . I would have even been happy with a Moore Plax Holmes secnario or a Moore Braylon Plax Secnario. Moore is obviously a Slot Receiver so his position in the offense would have been different than a Holmes or and Edwards. Screw me for not explaining every postion on the field to you JIF

I'm so glad that didn't happen.

Sanchez may have been sacked 4 times last night, he also made some mistakes with an awful INT, a fumble and a couple of bad incompletions, but is there any question in regards to Sanchez coming into his own during his 3rd year? He just played his a$$ off last night, never quit when we were down, and continued to make plays.

26/44, completion% of 59.1, 335 yards, 2 TD's/1 INT, QB Rating of 88.7

Sanchez may be taking some heat around here, but the kid performed last night. Especially during the 2nd half. That drive heading into the 2nd half was also a thing of beauty. Put us right back into the game heading into the half. Sanchez was under pressure all night, DeMarcus Ware is a freakish pass rusher, which makes that completion % of 59.1 a little more impressive. He was under pressure all night.

Only 3 QB's have thrown for more yards than Sanchez during week 1. Newton, Brees and Romo. His 18 first downs are also good enough to rank 3rd thus far through the week.

Say what you say, but Sanchez came through last night.

He's growing up over night. He's actually looking for his TE's, which is a great sign out of a young quarterback. Talented pass catching TE's should always be considered as a QB's best friend, it was great to see Sanchez finding his TE's last night (something that he was also doing during the preseason). Keller and Cumberland combined for 6 receptions, 94 yards and 1 TD. Sanchez also did an outstanding job of checking down to his backs, allowing Tomlinson the chance to have a monster game catching out of the backfield. Holmes and Burress combined for 10 catches, 142 yards and 1 TD. One thing about Sanchez last night, he used all of his offensive weapons, including Mason who had 3 catches for 19 yards coming out of the slot.

It most have been somone else who said Holmes stinks and is overrated. He doesnt run good routes, he has bad hands gives up on plays, doesnt block and isnt a good teammate. Lance Moore would be a better fit. Had to be someone else. Couldnt have been you because you said so.

It most have been somone else who said Holmes stinks and is overrated. He doesnt run good routes, he has bad hands gives up on plays, doesnt block and isnt a good teammate. Lance Moore would be a better fit. Had to be someone else. Couldnt have been you because you said so.

JIF obvoiusly if Holmes was replaced by a guy like Moore we would have hd to go get a Starting WR, I figured you would undertsnad that scenario. I didnt want Moore to come in here and be something hes not. I do think Holmes is overpaid and a bit overrated but hes far from suck and I never ever said that he sucks. If you want to make a point and argue it dont over exaggerate to make your view look better. Over rated does not equal suck ....thinking there were better options out there than Holmes does not equal suck.

JIF obvoiusly if Holmes was replaced by a guy like Moore we would have hd to go get a Starting WR, I figured you would undertsnad that scenario. I didnt want Moore to come in here and be something hes not. I do think Holmes is overpaid and a bit overrated but hes far from suck and I never ever said that he sucks. If you want to make a point and argue it dont over exaggerate to make your view look better. Over rated does not equal suck ....thinking there were better options out there than Holmes does not equal suck.

Luckily Smash, I dont have to exaggerate anything...you've said enough this offseason that I dont need to do such a thing.

I do like watching you deny that you've been bitching and moaning about our WRs all offseason. Its quite fun to watch.

You're fun.

Ok, the reason why they drafted Rivers, was because of where Brees draft slot was. Not because of Brees' play. If Brees was a top 10 pick, they wouldn't have drafted Rivers.

Brees first year as a starter (2nd season) he was solid completed 60% of his passes 3000+ yards.

His 2nd season he took a big step back, but that's pretty normal. This is when they decided to draft Rivers. Again if Brees was a top pick he would've been given a mulligan and they wouldn't have drafted Rivers.

Now Brees 3rd season he was good to very good, completing 65 % of his passes. Now the Chargers have a problem. A good problem though. 2 nfl quality qbs.

His 4th season again very good completing almost 65% of his passes, but having what some thought was a career ending shoulder injury. Problem solved. They dumped him for Rivers.

So yes, Brees did show potential. Also Brees was the way better college QB. And this is coming from a SC fan.

Ok, the reason why they drafted Rivers, was because of where Brees draft slot was. Not because of Brees' play. If Brees was a top 10 pick, they wouldn't have drafted Rivers.

Brees first year as a starter (2nd season) he was solid completed 60% of his passes 3000+ yards.

His 2nd season he took a big step back, but that's pretty normal. This is when they decided to draft Rivers. Again if Brees was a top pick he would've been given a mulligan and they wouldn't have drafted Rivers.

Now Brees 3rd season he was good to very good, completing 65 % of his passes. Now the Chargers have a problem. A good problem though. 2 nfl quality qbs.

His 4th season again very good completing almost 65% of his passes, but having what some thought was a career ending shoulder injury. Problem solved. They dumped him for Rivers.

So yes, Brees did show potential. Also Brees was the way better college QB. And this is coming from a SC fan.

You're not exactly comparing apples to apples here. Brees was a three-year starter at Purdue while Sanchez had all of 16 college starts.

He recognized the man in his throwing lane later in the game when it looked like Holmes was wide open for a TD, but wasn't. He pulled the ball down for a smart non-throw.

And he opted for the back shoulder throw on the Plax TD after he made the mistake of trying to go over the top on the same pattern earlier in the game.

Sperm is trying to fit the square peg of a disguised coverage into the round hole of his criticism that Sanchez doesn't look off defenders. That had nothing to do with the Lee play. He got tricked and didn't see him. Like you mentioned, Dallas did that again and Sanchez recognized him.

BTW, I disagree with CTM (surprise!) on the "same Sanchez" comment. I did see improvement and we all did. How do I know? Because we're criticizing Sanchez for his play and he still threw for 335 yds and 2 TDs with an 88 QB rating.

By no means is it a great game, but it's further evidence that Sanchez' floor is being raised and that is just as important has how high is his ceiling.

So it was his draft slot and not the fact that he sucked his second year....ok. Surprised the Pats haven't used a first rounder to challenge Brady, he was a sixth rounder.

So it was his draft slot and not the fact that he sucked his second year....ok. Surprised the Pats haven't used a first rounder to challenge Brady, he was a sixth rounder.

How many 1st round picks do you know that were given up on after their 2nd season?

Brady from the minute he took over as a starter was great, but after that 1st Super bowl, he came back that next season and played poorly, they would've been looking to replace him.

2 other notes: 1-rewatched the game and don't think he played as poorly as I first thought. The line, especially Turner were brutal.

2-didn't think this would get people as upset as it did. Some would think this somewhat of a compliment comparing him to Romo. Even with all his flaws Romo is still a topo 15 NFL QB.

You guys are tough. You won. Lighten up already. I have to say though.....how can you stand it? Serioulsy. Almost every game is a nail biter. How you die-hards don't have an ulcer is beyond me. Personally, I hate games like that. Not so into the rush anymore. I'd rather win or lose outright. That last minute sh*t drives me bananas. Sure, it's awesome afterwards when you come out on the winning side.....but when you lose. Oh, it sucks.

I thought your defense was great, per usual. Your o-line needs some reps, Revis is Revis (although he did have safety help on that Romo pick to set up the game-winning fiedl goal), you have great ST's, LT was being used the way he should be used. Screen play was more than effective last night. Keep feeding the tight-ends -the middle of almost every defense in the NFL is soft when it comes to covering TE's...imo, anyway.

Great win though. Don't complain. Celebrate.

Actually no. His completions generally came when his primary target was wide open. 80 of his passing yards came from his backs. He fumbled twice. He threw a horrible pick to a nobody LB who easily read his eyes and escaped a second one that was dropped. Dallas's secondary was totally depleted. He missed Plaxico by about 4 yards on 2-yard pass as the game was closing. A lot of quick drops and quick dumpoffs were on the menu with the shoddy OL play so I would expect his completion percentage to be up there. He missed 4-5 wide, wide open receivers because he typically only looks at his primary and no one else. On the sack-fumble no one was within 10 yards of Keller but Sanchez would never know it because he has his back to half the field and never looks to the other half unless the OL gives him 6 seconds to do something.

He has not improved at all, now that you bring it up. Clearly he made some good throws, but that is to be expected when he attempts almost 40-50 passes. 60% is pathetic against a secondary like Dallas fielded, with the receiving weapons Sanchez has at his disposal.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt to an extent, due to the shortened off-season, but the off-season was shortened for everyone not just the Jets. Hopefully things get better for our QB.

Wow dude. I usually respect your opinion, and I'm not one to go to the extreme degree of Klecko with the Sanchez defense, but do you realize how foolish this makes you look? He certainly has a whole ton of room for improvement, but if you think he hasn't improved at all then I really have to question what the hell you've been watching for the past two years. Clearly you're not a Sanchez fan and that's fine, but it looks like you're not capable of even a slightly objective analysis, which is really rather sad.

He's far from great, but the fact is, neither are the vast majority of the QBs in the NFL. If you think every time he ****s something up it's a "rookie mistake" then you need to start watching some more teams play, because outside of a half dozen guys, QB play around the league these days is a mess and there's plenty out there worse than even Sanchez. You know it's really a sad state of affairs when you have to be making excuses for why it doesn't count during the times he actually has some success. By comparison you make my past analysis of Pennington make me look like a fan of his.

I was impressed with Sanchez finally being able to use the middle of the field save the int. Plax still has some rust, but if we can work that back shoulder as well, Sanchez will improve dramatically.

I'd like to see Cumberland utilized like GB uses Finley. Might be jumping the gun on that one but he's defintiely a matchup problem.

Still wayyyyyyyyy too many 3 and outs though.

Archived