Sanchez-Romo

Obrien2Toon

Oh please. It seems to me that you are locking onto the two glaring mistakes Sanchez made last night and are blowing them up to be much bigger in than they are in Sanchez's overall performance. I'll grant you they were big and either could have easily cost us the game but they still don't erase the positives from last night. Sanchez got us back into the game with a great 2-minute drill and played overall very solid and if he plays like that all year, we'll be just fine. The defense was a much bigger culprit last night.

I'm not going to blow Sanchez up for that performance one way or the other, but that game was on the O, not the D. They only scored 17 points. They gave up 7. 10 points were scored completely by the defense and special teams. The Jets defense did not perform at their usual level, but they got turnovers, they gave up 17 plus the 7 that Sanchez gift wrapped. The offense DID NOT RUN FOR sh*t. Remember all the time of possession, defense wearing down stuff we hear about why we use the ground and pound? There is your proof.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez looked the same to me as he did last year... flashes of looking good, flashes of looking like the worst qb in football.... he just had more opportunity for both last night on account of his attempts..

People should remember a few things.. dallas was crowding the line, playing the run.. making it easier to pass.... the 2 td's thing isn't something I'd hang your hat on, if play calls were different the first one could've easily been a running td and lastly, dallas's secondary was depleted

my overall opinion hasn't changed at all from when he was a rookie... I think he'll be a good qb someday, it's just further from a sure thing then a guy like matt ryan.... But, it's not like he has inherent weaknesses like that noodle armed chicken pennington

Are you serious with this crap? What is wrong with some of you people? I'll gladly admit Sanchez still has plenty of room for improvement that he needs to start making this season, but now suddenly TDs don't count because somebody else COULD have scored them? Newsflash, that same circumstance applies to every QB in the league, and I saw no evidence last night that any RB was getting into the endzone no matter how close the Jets got. This is getting ridiculous. This idea that every bad play he makes proves him incapable and every good play doesn't count is absurd.

Wow dude. I usually respect your opinion, and I'm not one to go to the extreme degree of Klecko with the Sanchez defense, but do you realize how foolish this makes you look? He certainly has a whole ton of room for improvement, but if you think he hasn't improved at all then I really have to question what the hell you've been watching for the past two years. Clearly you're not a Sanchez fan and that's fine, but it looks like you're not capable of even a slightly objective analysis, which is really rather sad.

He's far from great, but the fact is, neither are the vast majority of the QBs in the NFL. If you think every time he ****s something up it's a "rookie mistake" then you need to start watching some more teams play, because outside of a half dozen guys, QB play around the league these days is a mess and there's plenty out there worse than even Sanchez. You know it's really a sad state of affairs when you have to be making excuses for why it doesn't count during the times he actually has some success. By comparison you make my past analysis of Pennington make me look like a fan of his.

Spot on, Bleedin.

Sperm, it's absolutely ridiculous for you to claim that Sanchez "has not improved at all."

Wow dude. I usually respect your opinion, and I'm not one to go to the extreme degree of Klecko with the Sanchez defense, but do you realize how foolish this makes you look? He certainly has a whole ton of room for improvement, but if you think he hasn't improved at all then I really have to question what the hell you've been watching for the past two years. Clearly you're not a Sanchez fan and that's fine, but it looks like you're not capable of even a slightly objective analysis, which is really rather sad.

He's far from great, but the fact is, neither are the vast majority of the QBs in the NFL. If you think every time he ****s something up it's a "rookie mistake" then you need to start watching some more teams play, because outside of a half dozen guys, QB play around the league these days is a mess and there's plenty out there worse than even Sanchez. You know it's really a sad state of affairs when you have to be making excuses for why it doesn't count during the times he actually has some success. By comparison you make my past analysis of Pennington make me look like a fan of his.

Thank you. I knew I couldn't be the only one who felt Sperm was way over the top.

And I don't think I went overboard in my defense. I've been saying pretty much exactly what you said in this post throughout this thread.

Thank you. I knew I couldn't be the only one who felt Sperm was way over the top.

And I don't think I went overboard in my defense. I've been saying pretty much exactly what you said in this post throughout this thread.

Yes, but you are certainly known as an ardant Sanchez defender, so fair or not your points are often categorized as such. My point was even without being one, I had to say the criticism was a tad extreme.

BTW, I love NFL Redzone on my verizon smartphone. I saw a ton of sh*tty INTs yesterday, and by likes of "good" QBs.

Newsflash, good QBs throw sh*tty INTs just like bad QBs do. But just because a QB throws a sh*tty INT, that doesn't make him bad. If so, Big Ben would be the worst QB in the NFL.

BTW, I love NFL Redzone on my verizon smartphone. I saw a ton of sh*tty INTs yesterday, and by likes of "good" QBs.

Newsflash, good QBs throw sh*tty INTs just like bad QBs do. But just because a QB throws a sh*tty INT, that doesn't make him bad. If so, Big Ben would be the worst QB in the NFL.

And ELI would have a hard time making a HS team

You guys are tough. You won. Lighten up already. I have to say though.....how can you stand it? Serioulsy. Almost every game is a nail biter. How you die-hards don't have an ulcer is beyond me. Personally, I hate games like that. Not so into the rush anymore. I'd rather win or lose outright. That last minute sh*t drives me bananas. Sure, it's awesome afterwards when you come out on the winning side.....but when you lose. Oh, it sucks.

I thought your defense was great, per usual. Your o-line needs some reps, Revis is Revis (although he did have safety help on that Romo pick to set up the game-winning fiedl goal), you have great ST's, LT was being used the way he should be used. Screen play was more than effective last night. Keep feeding the tight-ends -the middle of almost every defense in the NFL is soft when it comes to covering TE's...imo, anyway.

Great win though. Don't complain. Celebrate.

Great post coming from a NE Patriots fan. I agree, the Jets have been in one too many close games since 2009, but it's great to see us come out on top. It's stressful, but it's worth it after a well deserved victory.

We may have been lucky on the Romo fumble, but Jim Leonhard is the reason why that fumble happened to begin with. He never quit on the play and ended up pushing Jason Witten out of bounds inside the 5 yard line. That play alone, ended up changing the game. Our defense, overall, played very good but damn, the Cowboys have plenty of offensive weapons. It's not easy trying to stop Tony Romo, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Jason Witten and Felix Jones. Cromartie may have got beat twice, but he played his a$$ off, he played with 100% effort. Bart Scott was our defensive MVP in my eyes. He was everywhere with 8 tackles and a sack. He led our defensive unit last night.

We gave up too many yards to the Cowboys offense, but overall, we had 4 sacks, a game saving fumble recovery and a game-winning INT by Darrelle Revis.

I agree about our TE's as well. You being a Patriots fan means you know first hand how TE's such as Hernandez and Gronkowski can control/dominate the middle of the field. Part of the reason why I took Gronkowski as one of my fantasy football TE's. With Brady under center, Gronk looks to be a TD machine. We have something special in the making with Keller and Cumberland. Cumberland came up clutch with 1 catch for 33 yards. He's a speed burning TE with solid hands. Ranked #2 amongst TE's during the preseason in both catches and yards. Keller came up big time with 5 catches, 61 yards, 5 first downs and 1 TD. I can't wait to see more of two TE sets with Keller and Cumberland, because as you've already stated, the middle of most NFL D's struggle against pass-catching TE's.

Hopefully Shonn Greene and our rushing attack can get it going, because like you, I also loved the way Tomlinson was used last night. As long as we can keep LT fresh, ready to go and healthy... He'll make for one hell of a 3rd down back. Only 5 rushing attempts for 16 yards, but he's great in pass protection and came up big for Sanchez with 6 receptions, 73 yards and more importantly? 4 first downs.

And thank you, we shouldn't be upset about a close game as a fan base... We should all be on cloud 9 knowing that we have a team that will never quit on us, no matter the score.

Sanchez plays for the Jets, not Cam Newton (who was in his first game anyway).

If Sanchez looks off one guy or another maybe the route isn't jumped in the first place. You have an excuse to absolve Sanchez of all wrongdoing for everything the kid does.

He was money in the playoffs - twice - and that's where I prefer him stepping up. But overall right now he's still a very mediocre-at-best QB who is making rookie mistakes and not seeing the whole field in his 3rd season.

I'd like to be able to compare him favorably to top QB's, not rookies in their first NFL games (after an extended offseason lockout no less) or career choke-artists like Romo.

I like Sanchez, but IMO your QB standards are pretty low.

If there's one thing I've learned from my time spent on message boards, you can't criticize a QB that people like. Especially in a win, regardless of their play.

Sanchez had a nice night, stat-wise, but you have to consider that he was just about ineffective for the 1st half. You also have to consider a near pick 6 in a spot that were it not for some amazing plays later by leonard, the d, and ultimately romo, really should have sealed the game.

I have a hunch that Sanchez's big comebacks are a product of a change in scheme by the defense. Remember when we had Mangini, and the defense gave up big leads because we fell into a prevent way too early? Dallas stopped bringing pressure, at least at the level they did earlier. One time there was a bit of pressure late in the game? Fumble. Sanchez has good escapability, a la romo (gasp!), but he lacks the genuine escapability you like to see from good pocket passers. How many times have we seen Brady or Manning take one step in a pocket and buy time to hit an open receiver. Sanchez is very competent when the "pressure is on", but very often in those situations, he's not actually facing pressure.

One thing to notice about the pressure is that he just flings the ball out there in the direction of a WR, almost as if he's just hoping for the best.

Sanchez isn't great in the pocket, he still stares down WRs, and if we weren't cursed with Pennington all those years, we'd be complaining more about his lack of arm strength. Remember the throw to Plax that never made it there? Plax should have come back for the ball, yes, but even Tony Romo (gasp!) would have completed that throw because the ball would have gotten there faster.

As I see it, Sanchez is very capable of making plays, but he's a lifetime away from putting it all together as anything but an 'ok' player. At this current level, we can be competitive with him, but we're never going to win it all with him. As for the Tony Romo comparison... I'm not advocating that Romo is better, nor dismissing the idea that he's a choke artist, but, last night, if the QBs were switched, I don't know how anyone could think anything but the Jets win in a rout.

Still wayyyyyyyyy too many 3 and outs though.

This. Sanchez's issues aren't really the mistakes anymore. They seem to be at about par.

Sanchez's issue is that he'll go long periods of games being completely ineffective. He DOES still stare down WRs and he DOES still miss open WRs.

He just doesn't have a great field of vision at this point.

Well yeah, that was part of the equation though. The amount of people who stepped up to secure the win. Because the reality is, you cant find anything that we did really well that this team should be proud of from last night.

We won is spite of having the best looking QB in the league. We came back from a 14 point deficit. We got a glimpse of the beast play maker Joe McKnight will be one day./ We saw that Jim Leonard is back and has WBM.

If there's one thing I've learned from my time spent on message boards, you can't criticize a QB that people like. Especially in a win, regardless of their play.

Sanchez had a nice night, stat-wise, but you have to consider that he was just about ineffective for the 1st half. You also have to consider a near pick 6 in a spot that were it not for some amazing plays later by leonard, the d, and ultimately romo, really should have sealed the game.

I have a hunch that Sanchez's big comebacks are a product of a change in scheme by the defense. Remember when we had Mangini, and the defense gave up big leads because we fell into a prevent way too early? Dallas stopped bringing pressure, at least at the level they did earlier. One time there was a bit of pressure late in the game? Fumble. Sanchez has good escapability, a la romo (gasp!), but he lacks the genuine escapability you like to see from good pocket passers. How many times have we seen Brady or Manning take one step in a pocket and buy time to hit an open receiver. Sanchez is very competent when the "pressure is on", but very often in those situations, he's not actually facing pressure.

One thing to notice about the pressure is that he just flings the ball out there in the direction of a WR, almost as if he's just hoping for the best.

Sanchez isn't great in the pocket, he still stares down WRs, and if we weren't cursed with Pennington all those years, we'd be complaining more about his lack of arm strength. Remember the throw to Plax that never made it there? Plax should have come back for the ball, yes, but even Tony Romo (gasp!) would have completed that throw because the ball would have gotten there faster.

As I see it, Sanchez is very capable of making plays, but he's a lifetime away from putting it all together as anything but an 'ok' player. At this current level, we can be competitive with him, but we're never going to win it all with him. As for the Tony Romo comparison... I'm not advocating that Romo is better, nor dismissing the idea that he's a choke artist, but, last night, if the QBs were switched, I don't know how anyone could think anything but the Jets win in a rout.

Sanchez was constantly being blitzed from what I was watching. Some of his best plays came throwing the ball into the blitz, they may have let up a little up 14, but that's expected. That happens every team, you can't hold it against him that he isn't going up against a Rex Ryan defense every week that will attack every single play.

I agree about his escapability. It should be better than it is. I think he's actually decent at throwing on the run, but his awareness in the pocket is very poor. The time he was sacked by Spencer he literally stepped right into Mangold (Who was doing a great job blocking) and then later on the fumble just looked lost. He really has to improve that - Pocket Presence, because that could really be his greatest strength down the line. It's not something I'd expect to be immaculate from a 3rd year guy, but it should be better than it is.

I don't think he just "flings" it anymore though, that was something I thought he was better at last night. He hesitates a bit but I think now he will cut out the stupid throws when nothing is on, ala Romo's pick at the end. The dropped INT at the end wasn't as bad as everyone makes out, his timing was off with Mason all night, Mason also slipped, so it's reasonable to think he was expecting something else.

His arm is fine. It's not an issue at all. The Plax one, he just didn't step into it enough. But he can throw lasers when he wants to. He's not a Cutler or Stafford, but he's more than competent enough in that area IMO.

Not too sure how Romo would have got on, I certainly don't think it would have been a blowout either way. Wild speculation.

I can't understand all of this Sanchez harping after an opening day victory.

Sanchez lost Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery during the offseason, and still performed with Plaxico Burress and Derrick Mason last night, despite the fact that DeMarcus Ware and the Cowboys pass rush harassed Sanchez and our offensive line for 4 quarters strong.

Sanchez threw for 335 yards last night. Only Newton, Brees and Rodgers have thrown for more yards than Sanchez thus far through week one.

Some are acting as if Sanchez had a 0 TD/5 INT type of game with a QB rating of 8.3 such as his game against the Bills back in 2009. The bottom line is this, Sanchez had an 88.7 QB rating last night with 2 TD's thrown. The one INT was a mistake, but mistakes happen in the NFL. Brees threw 22 INT's last season and even Peyton Manning threw 17.

Some of you ask for improvement out of our developing franchise QB, but yet, it's either you expect it to come over night or you're refusing to give credit as Sanchez has continued to improve. If you can't admit that Sanchez didn't improve from 09 to last season... Well, then, you don't deserve to be considered a fan. Last season he improved during each and every statistical category when compared to his rookie season.

How am I seeing a few Jet fans saying they seen no improvements out of Sanchez last night? Are you kidding me?

Sanchez has a career QB rating of 70.2. Last year he had a QB rating of 75.3. Last night he had a QB rating of 88.7.

Sanchez has a career completion% of 54.6. Last year his completion % was at 54.8. Last night his completion% was at 59.1.

Sanchez started 37 career games before last night, the only time he's ever thrown for 300+ yards was against the Texans last year. He threw for 315 yards against the Texans in a 3 point win. Last night, during week one of the season, he broke his record for most yards during a single game with 335 passing yards during a prime-time game.

But yet, you all failed to see improvement out of Sanchez last night? Even though his yardage, completion %, TD/INT ration and QB rating were all above his career averages? Sad.

This. Sanchez's issues aren't really the mistakes anymore. They seem to be at about par.

Sanchez's issue is that he'll go long periods of games being completely ineffective. He DOES still stare down WRs and he DOES still miss open WRs.

He just doesn't have a great field of vision at this point.

And here you have a clearly stated, unemotional assessment of The Sanchize.

Further proof middle of the pack QBs do win games.

Brace yourself for the ummm ummm ummm attack

Are you serious with this crap? What is wrong with some of you people? I'll gladly admit Sanchez still has plenty of room for improvement that he needs to start making this season, but now suddenly TDs don't count because somebody else COULD have scored them? Newsflash, that same circumstance applies to every QB in the league, and I saw no evidence last night that any RB was getting into the endzone no matter how close the Jets got. This is getting ridiculous. This idea that every bad play he makes proves him incapable and every good play doesn't count is absurd.

No sh*t, which is why i said hanging your hat on 2 TD's as evidence of his play doesn't hold water..

THe guy looked absymal for large portions of the game

edit: Again, I'm not saying he's terrible, I'm responding to someones post about seeing progress cause of his comp %, 2 td's and 300 yards

I don't know where you learned that, but it wasn't from a Jet fan message board. :D

The Chad debate usually centered around his 65% completion percentage, him throwing a game sealing pick 6 or being unable to beat good defenses and then people arguing over who had fault in the loss. Considering that Chad was about a .500 QB for the Jets, that was a frequent debate.

So people rarely saw a need for criticizing Chad in victory because we could just wait for the predictable loss.

I don't know where you learned that, but it wasn't from a Jet fan message board. :biggrin:

The Chad debate usually centered around his 65% completion percentage, him throwing a game sealing pick 6 or being unable to beat good defenses and then people arguing over who had fault in the loss. Considering that Chad was about a .500 QB for the Jets, that was a frequent debate.

So people rarely saw a need for criticizing Chad in victory because we could just wait for the predictable loss.

Or the even more predictable injury.

This is my position on Sanchez. I think he's going to be a very good QB in this league -I really do!- but 's not there yet. He's shown me enough flashes for me to think he can one day get it all together, though.

I hate to make excuses (but I will). He's still a young guy who came out of school with very little experience. And he's still got Brian Schottenheimer as his coordinator. It takes time -usually- for QB's to develop. Time and good coaching. He's still lacking in both.

Going into the hurry up isn't going to fix those issues, either. That doesn't mean I wouldn't mind seeing it in spots, it just means that I don't want to see the team open games in it. You get a defensive package on the field that you think you can exploit - that's a good time to switch to the no huddle so they can't make substitutions.

I agree with your position on Sanchez...he looks like a winner but his inconsistencies drive me nuts at times...Hate to make execuses as well but will also offer that the lockout hurt guys like Mark who could have used the OTA to address his shortcomings.

Sanchez looked the same to me as he did last year... flashes of looking good, flashes of looking like the worst qb in football.... he just had more opportunity for both last night on account of his attempts..

People should remember a few things.. dallas was crowding the line, playing the run.. making it easier to pass.... the 2 td's thing isn't something I'd hang your hat on, if play calls were different the first one could've easily been a running td and lastly, dallas's secondary was depleted

my overall opinion hasn't changed at all from when he was a rookie... I think he'll be a good qb someday, it's just further from a sure thing then a guy like matt ryan.... But, it's not like he has inherent weaknesses like that noodle armed chicken pennington

Matt Ryan sucked donkey balls yesterday against Chicago...watched most the game...also thought Ryan was better coming into this season...he's my fantasy football QB...but yesterday at least he sucked donkey balls.

Sanchez may have been sacked 4 times last night, he also made some mistakes with an awful INT, a fumble and a couple of bad incompletions, but is there any question in regards to Sanchez coming into his own during his 3rd year? He just played his a$$ off last night, never quit when we were down, and continued to make plays.

26/44, completion% of 59.1, 335 yards, 2 TD's/1 INT, QB Rating of 88.7

Sanchez may be taking some heat around here, but the kid performed last night. Especially during the 2nd half. That drive heading into the 2nd half was also a thing of beauty. Put us right back into the game heading into the half. Sanchez was under pressure all night, DeMarcus Ware is a freakish pass rusher, which makes that completion % of 59.1 a little more impressive. He was under pressure all night.

Only 3 QB's have thrown for more yards than Sanchez during week 1. Newton, Brees and Romo. His 18 first downs are also good enough to rank 3rd thus far through the week.

Say what you say, but Sanchez came through last night.

He's growing up over night. He's actually looking for his TE's, which is a great sign out of a young quarterback. Talented pass catching TE's should always be considered as a QB's best friend, it was great to see Sanchez finding his TE's last night (something that he was also doing during the preseason). Keller and Cumberland combined for 6 receptions, 94 yards and 1 TD. Sanchez also did an outstanding job of checking down to his backs, allowing Tomlinson the chance to have a monster game catching out of the backfield. Holmes and Burress combined for 10 catches, 142 yards and 1 TD. One thing about Sanchez last night, he used all of his offensive weapons, including Mason who had 3 catches for 19 yards coming out of the slot.

Since you quoted the QB rating...which is a joke in my mind....but anywho...listened to Colin Cowherd today and he stated...out of all the starting QBs yesterday...Mark's performance was fourth from the bottom using the new Dilfer/Jaworski QBR system...had the lowest QBR of the winning QBs...guess it proves the point that Mark's winner but his effectiveness still leaves a lot to be desired...again props to Westoff and McKnight.

He has not improved upon last year. He still waits too long before pulling the trigger. He takes way too long to go through his projections because of these stare-downs he does. It takes him twice as long as it should to realize someone is covered (or open). He still has some obvious accuracy issues. Hell, he often still misses half the field. Players are wide open and he never looks their way because he's too focus on his first (or sometimes his second) read. He doesn't ever take a quick survey of the field before locking in on one receiver. IMO he should consider getting a dark visor like Vick to help conceal who he's staring at.

I don't even dislike him, though people like you are replying as though I do. I do believe these are the types of things that can come with experience. Getting rattled because the game is close and coming to the end, or in big games like the playoffs are things Sanchez does not suffer from and I don't know how fixable that would be if he did. But part of the reason he has a lot of room to grow is he still has a lot of growing to do. I am a Jets fan and as Jets fan I recognize a weak part of the team, even when it's a popular player who I do like myself (and keep saying so repeatedly). That doesn't mean I think he's above criticism.

I agree with your position on Sanchez...he looks like a winner but his inconsistencies drive me nuts at times...Hate to make execuses as well but will also offer that the lockout hurt guys like Mark who could have used the OTA to address his shortcomings.

Matt Ryan sucked donkey balls yesterday against Chicago...watched most the game...also thought Ryan was better coming into this season...he's my fantasy football QB...but yesterday at least he sucked donkey balls.

Since you quoted the QB rating...which is a joke in my mind....but anywho...listened to Colin Cowherd today and he stated...out of all the starting QBs yesterday...Mark's performance was fourth from the bottom using the new Dilfer/Jaworski QBR system...had the lowest QBR of the winning QBs...guess it proves the point that Mark's winner but his effectiveness still leaves a lot to be desired...again props to Westoff and McKnight.

Very skeptical of a QB rating system that was developed by two mediocre QBs.

I'm starting to think Sanchez's ceiling is that of a T. Romo level.

Just good enough to not be good enough.

They're very similar QBs. Neither are very accurate or make the big completion when needed. And more importantly are prone to the big mistake.

They both show flashes of potential, but never sustain it.

Especially after watching GB-NO the other night, Sanchez is light-years behing Rodgers and Brees. And I think has no chance of ever being at that level.

Let Romo have a playoff career first before we start comparing him to our QB.

We won and Sanchez was at his best when we needed it most. How many times has Peyton been the best thing smoking then get bumped in the playoffs.

Sanchez QBR may have been the lowest amongst winning QB's yet he's tied amongst those QB's in wins.

Which stat really matters?

Just saying that 88.7% passer rating is deceptive...put him at #15 for the first week...the new system is well new...but to criticize because of who developed it...that is weak sauce.

We won and Sanchez was at his best when we needed it most. How many times has Peyton been the best thing smoking then get bumped in the playoffs.

Sanchez QBR may have been the lowest amongst winning QB's yet he's tied amongst those QB's in wins.

Got it...we won...guess we shouldn't criticize the face of the franchise...really don't think Mark played his best when we needed him the most...could have at least got one freaking first down before we settled on a 50 yard FG...but hey we won...not the right time to criticize our QB. Got it! :)

Didn't we need him the most to move the ball 10 to 20 yards after Revis' interception? He sh*t the bed royally. I like him, but acting like he ALWAYS come through in the clutch. The team came through. Sanchez? Not so much. I don't want to rely on Folk to kick 50 yarders to win ever again.

Kleck how many superstar players do you see coaching in the NFL ? Superstar talent does not always equal brains . Dilfer was a decent at best QB but the guy knows the game cant fault people for physical liabilities.

Just saying that 88.7% passer rating is deceptive...put him at #15 for the first week...the new system is well new...but to criticize because of who developed it...that is weak sauce.

Got it...we won...guess we shouldn't criticize the face of the franchise...really don't think Mark played his best when we needed him the most...could have at least got one freaking first down before we settled on a 50 yard FG...but hey we won...not the right time to criticize our QB. Got it! :)

Got it....we won....guess we shouldnt defend the face of the franchise (see what I did?) lol. :-)

Seriously though, we can criticize him....but the "stat" thing I mentioned is irrelevant. Thats all im saying. We did have that first down last night if Plax would have ran back to the ball instead of allowing the CB to make a play. I also criticized Sanchez, but mine was more in a positive manner which no one has to agree with of course. All im saying is that I seen Sanchez do what was needed to win the game when the ball was in his hands. He cant control the fact that Plax didnt run back to the ball or Cromartie getting jacked up by pretty boy Austin. On top of the fact that he was being chased half to death by Ware. He had a bad INT & fumble but he didnt crumble afterwards which we've seen Sanchez do in the past. He's a 3rd year QB with a moron for an OC. Im pleased with what he did last night.

I dont mind the criticism, but this was the first game where I noticeably seen the leash released from around Sanchez and I think that he responded overall.

Didn't we need him the most to move the ball 10 to 20 yards after Revis' interception? He sh*t the bed royally. I like him, but acting like he ALWAYS come through in the clutch. The team came through. Sanchez? Not so much. I don't want to rely on Folk to kick 50 yarders to win ever again.

Yeah, I dont see this as the game that you point to and say "see what Sanchez does in the clutch"...because he really didnt do anything.

Kleck how many superstar players do you see coaching in the NFL ? Superstar talent does not always equal brains . Dilfer was a decent at best QB but the guy knows the game cant fault people for physical liabilities.

First off, I was semi-joking. Secondly, ESPN's whole premise for developing their "QBR" was based on their own incompetent misuse of the old passer effieciency rating stat.

Well, with the time running down we should have been running the ball since we had timeouts. Secondly I have confidence in my kicker, his job is to make FG's.

Overall the playcalling after the Revis INT was just as bad if you ask me. Granted, we should have gotten a first down, im not disagreeing with that. I really didnt like the playcalling more than Sanchez performance overall.

Archived