Tom Moore's influence

Jetsfan80

There were some things that stuck out about this offense tonight that did NOT have a Schottenheimer feel:

1) 44 pass attempts. Huh?

2) More 2-TE sets and a seemingly improved Dustin Keller.

3) More effective use of LT.

I saw an offense tonight that was adaptable and exploited the weaknesses of the opponent. Dallas had a banged up secondary and we went right at it. We have athletic, big TE's and we used them. We saw that the Cowboys were getting an effective pass-rush and got it to safety valve Tomlinson for big gains.

I must say that I was impressed.

I don't know, the passing attempts are a little bloated because the running game wasn't very good, the drive before the half, and the fact that we were behind in the 4th quarter. And LT was used pretty effectively last year too for the most part.

The screens and passing more on 1st down (I think) were an improvement though.

I think in the first half we were still too conservative given that before the start of the game Cowboys has issues on the secondary.

But with us playing behind all game and given the fact even some of those starting on the Cowboys secondary were not able to stay on the field it was a no brainer that we called more passing plays.

and maybe he even took the wildcat package to the shredder.....

That too.

I think if we'd have been ahead at all, Sanchez probably would have been under 30 attempts not including the 2 minute drive before half.

(15 attempts in the 4th quarter, and 7 before the half, btw)

ok seriously you know what as really shotty-esk the 15 times we zipped a pass to WR on the sidelines, seriously can we stop using this effing play...also can we let Tom Moore or whoever took over for shotty in the second half. We should have lost this game the way we played in the 1st half. It was embarrassing. I really like this let Sanchez throw, I think we will see a great mix of Pass and throw from this offense.

Of course we saw more screens. They were pressuring the sh*t out of us. Nobody was getting upfield like that on us before. Screens are a counter punch. The running game sucked. I think spreading them out so much contributed to that also. Might be better off with a little less of it and a little more running but the Ryan brothers are known for stuffing the run and they had no secondary so it made sense tonight.

Guys we were behind and I think rather than run ( at a team that was stopping our running game ) the Jets decided to throw and try to win the game. If this was ground and pound of last year we would have lost by 20 points. The Numbers were skewed because we had to throw exclusively in the 4th quarter. If we were winning in the 4th quarter I would be willing to bet our Rushing numbers would have gone over 100 yards. High rushing numbers are usually a direct reflection of whats going on at the time.

I don't know, the passing attempts are a little bloated because the running game wasn't very good, the drive before the half, and the fact that we were behind in the 4th quarter. And LT was used pretty effectively last year too for the most part.

The screens and passing more on 1st down (I think) were an improvement though.

ALso, the cowboys secondary was banged up

Tom Moore's biggest influence is probably tighter security around condiments in the cafeteria

We actually went with what worked in the second half, that's definitely not a Schitty staple. We stayed in the hurry up, and used LT2 heavily. Greene is on my fantasy team but I don't know how he can possibly beat LT2 out...until the man hits the wall by mid-season anyway.

If only we could get a full year out of LT2, he'd probably notch roughly 1400 combined yards (mostly receiving).

We abondoned the running game way too early!

Never got established Lady J - and without it being established - you can't reap some of the associated benefits. That said, Rob Ryan is nobody's dum dum and he boxed up front a ton last night and took it away. He's the same guy that took down N.O. and the Patsies last year in consecutive weeks with a lesser team and Porky Pig as a head coach

We actually went with what worked in the second half, that's definitely not a Schitty staple. We stayed in the hurry up, and used LT2 heavily. Greene is on my fantasy team but I don't know how he can possibly beat LT2 out...until the man hits the wall by mid-season anyway.

If only we could get a full year out of LT2, he'd probably notch roughly 1400 combined yards (mostly receiving).

I really liked the way they used LT last night. Credit the Jets that they knew expecting another year of him as a feature back was likely asking too much, but the guy is still one of the best, if not the best, receiving backs in the league and that can cause a lot of matchup issues for teams, and can be a big part of helping Sanchez out, and it worked wonders last night.

Plays called by Tom Moore: Two effective screen passes. The two minute drill and the touchdown to Keller. The catch and run by Holmes. The touchdown to Burress. The passes to Cumberland. Plays called by Schottenheimer: The first play sack. The fumble. The interception. Every play during the post interception "drive".

Give me a break. Sanchez is maturing, they have more weapons and ran more spread. Of course they gained more yards. They also managed to net 13 points. The team scored 27. Out of that 7 was directly scored by the special teams and 3 after an INT and a 0 yard drive with a 50 yard FG. I guess you can claim that they didn't actually give up 7 since D'Brick made the tackle on the one, but it wasn't exactly the Greatest Show on Turf out there..

I honestly think we need to get Sanchez doing more bootlegs and more play-actions. I feel so comfortable with those plays, but Sanchez played a helluva game.

Play actions and bootlegs don't work that well when the defense doesn't respect the run first. We never made the running game a legitimate threat last night.

There were some things that stuck out about this offense tonight that did NOT have a Schottenheimer feel:

1) 44 pass attempts. Huh?

2) More 2-TE sets and a seemingly improved Dustin Keller.

3) More effective use of LT.

I saw an offense tonight that was adaptable and exploited the weaknesses of the opponent. Dallas had a banged up secondary and we went right at it. We have athletic, big TE's and we used them. We saw that the Cowboys were getting an effective pass-rush and got it to safety valve Tomlinson for big gains.

I must say that I was impressed.

Please, there was nothing Moore influenced in this game. Its still Schotty's offense and nothing was different. LT was used the same way he was in the playoffs, Keller was used the same way he was at the beginning of last year, Holmes still runs 90% skinny posts, and Plaxico is being used on the sidelines to spread the feild just like Braylon.

The offense wasnt good last night but it was definitely capitalizing on the defense stepping up and making plays just when you thought the game was over. The Cowboys confused the hell out of the Jets last night and if Rob wasnt playing a bunch of JAG's in the secondary, this could have been really ugly.

What are you people talking about suggesting we only passed a lot because we were down? Did you all not see the opening drive where Sanchez dropped back to throw on each of the first three plays? CLEARLY we wanted to be a passing team last night.

So why is that Moore's influence? Schotty's done that before.

Archived