This Was A Great Win

SoFlaJets

These are the kind of games that great teams win and that blocked punt for a TD, these are the kind of plays that you HAVE to make to be a super bowl champion. The Jets are a team of destiny and right now ARE New York's team. How's that feel Giants fans? I saw it happen during the Namath years-they become very quiet. When you can win a game when you have no business winning the game...well, you have a chance to be special-I believe this Jets team is special.

Ryan's Jets need to stop starting so slow. Schott needs to get his O in rhythm better. Running games need to gets going. Those three things aside; it was a great win. The Jets are a very talented team that can be dangerous this year if we stay healthy and things go our way like the did today. Revis is the man.

Our offensive line is sh*te. We did not own the line of scrimmage tonight. Not by a long shot. Fix this and we will be a SB contender. Also. Schotty is not a good playcaller. On the bright side, Defense and Special teams were effing stellar. i don't think westhoff gets his due. He should be a HOF specails coach when all is said and done. Do they do that in the NFL?

Ray Lucas is right-they need to go hurry up early in the game-do what Indy did under Tom Moore

You are right. I think the reason Sanchesz looks so much better in the 2 minute is because teams are giving more of a cushion. He still deserves credit for keeping his cool and not throwing into the teeth of this kind of defense. I am not sure a hurry up will be played the same way. Especially if they do it a lot.

You are right. I think the reason Sanchesz looks so much better in the 2 minute is because teams are giving more of a cushion. He still deserves credit for keeping his cool and not throwing into the teeth of this kind of defense. I am not sure a hurry up will be played the same way. Especially if they do it a lot.

Ive been saying it for 2 years now put Sanchez in the hurry up.....I should'nt call it hurry up I should call it no huddle . Every time we went in hurry up Sanchez moved the team. It does not have to be every set of downs but we do need to mix it in like the Colts do with Manning. When you get the personel on defense you feel you can exploit go no huddle. It really seems like a no brainer and last night proved it yet again again. It does not mean we can't run the football because you can do that from no huddle.

Everything was positve about last night except 2 things .... 1. we have major issues picking up the blitz 2. Our O-Line has major issues overall protecting the QB. I think both can be worked out fairly quickly but this O-Line is built more to run the ball than pass protect it seems. Did I mention to run the No Huddle :) LT and Plax played really nice games and Plax really laid out Jenkins on one play I thought he killed him LOL.

Ive been saying it for 2 years now put Sanchez in the hurry up.....I should'nt call it hurry up I should call it no huddle . Every time we went in hurry up Sanchez moved the team. It does not have to be every set of downs but we do need to mix it in like the Colts do with Manning. When you get the personel on defense you feel you can exploit go no huddle. It really seems like a no brainer and last night proved it yet again again. It does not mean we can't run the football because you can do that from no huddle.

Everything was positve about last night except 2 things .... 1. we have major issues picking up the blitz 2. Our O-Line has major issues overall protecting the QB. I think both can be worked out fairly quickly but this O-Line is built more to run the ball than pass protect it seems. Did I mention to run the No Huddle :) LT and Plax played really nice games and Plax really laid out Jenkins on one play I thought he killed him LOL.

You left out the part about there being a HUGE hole in our defense named Eric Smith.

I still don't believe they won.

You know what was weird for me about last night ? It was a feeling I have not had with the Jets since 98 . I just had the feeling we were going to win that game and I was very calm through out the game. Its hard to explain but I think you know what I mean. It was kind of the total opposite of what happened last year with the Ravens in week 1 when I had a feeling we were not going to win that game even though it was much closer.

You left out the part about there being a HUGE hole in our defense named Eric Smith.

OP I think Eric Smith is a good football player. What surprised me was why we didnt have a CB on Whitten like we did to the Pats in the playoffs last year. Also keep in mind the Cowboys are an explosive offense and Romo is hard to contain until he decides to throw at Revis with the game on the line LOL . Smith vs Whitten = Mismatch actully Whitten vs anyone = mismatch :)

While I'm obviously happy about winning last night, we have to remember that we played against a decimated D backfield and barely got it done against them. We played against a decimated O line and generated average pressure. They moved the ball well against us most of the game. Schotty really is bad and Sanchez, while better, is... well... I'm just not sure what he is.

Pass rush is still a concern for me and I hope it gets better as the season goes on. This should have been a feast for us.

We should not have needed all of those theatrics to win last night. it's always better to win of course, and there are things to be happy about but I see more concerns than positives here.

These are the kind of games that great teams win and that blocked punt for a TD, these are the kind of plays that you HAVE to make to be a super bowl champion. The Jets are a team of destiny and right now ARE New York's team. How's that feel Giants fans? I saw it happen during the Namath years-they become very quiet. When you can win a game when you have no business winning the game...well, you have a chance to be special-I believe this Jets team is special.

Wheres the button to press when you want to kiss a poster on the lips? LOL Nice thread Jimmy.

Stunned is an understatement -- 4th qtr starts and all I am thinking of is bowing down to the Cowboy fans I work with. That is not a good thing - Well no bad feeling - no groveling - and the taste of victory -- WE don't win these games but tonight was awesome.

What an amazing come from behind victory. The Cowboys, as a franchise, were something like 220-0-1 when leading by 14+ during the first quarter. But then they ran into a Jets team that wouldn't quit last night. No matter the situation, this team kept on fighting. This was the first miracle of JetLife stadium, but that's what great teams do... They find ways to win. This Jets team is turning into a great team. What a freaking win.

Great points everyone and I am definitely concerned about our inability to give Sanchez more then 2 seconds to throw the ball. While it was a sub-par effort overall, it is nice to see the other team implode instead of us. There was a stat thrown up on the screen I found mind-boggling and very impressive - in their franchise history, the Cowboys had never lost a game when leading by 2 TD's in the 4th quarter (241-0-1). So overcoming that in and of itself was a great accomplishment. At least Garrett can put that on his resume...

What an amazing come from behind victory. The Cowboys, as a franchise, were something like 220-0-1 when leading by 14+ during the first quarter. But then they ran into a Jets team that wouldn't quit last night. No matter the situation, this team kept on fighting. This was the first miracle of JetLife stadium, but that's what great teams do... They find ways to win. This Jets team is turning into a great team. What a freaking win.

Damn - I wish I typed faster... great post!

You know what was weird for me about last night ? It was a feeling I have not had with the Jets since 98 . I just had the feeling we were going to win that game and I was very calm through out the game. Its hard to explain but I think you know what I mean. It was kind of the total opposite of what happened last year with the Ravens in week 1 when I had a feeling we were not going to win that game even though it was much closer.

I'm not going to say I thought we'd win, but like you I was calm throughout the game until excitement took over.

While I'm obviously happy about winning last night, we have to remember that we played against a decimated D backfield and barely got it done against them. We played against a decimated O line and generated average pressure. They moved the ball well against us most of the game. Schotty really is bad and Sanchez, while better, is... well... I'm just not sure what he is.

Pass rush is still a concern for me and I hope it gets better as the season goes on. This should have been a feast for us.

We should not have needed all of those theatrics to win last night. it's always better to win of course, and there are things to be happy about but I see more concerns than positives here.

With all the crazy blowouts going on and poor lockout-induced performances going on around the league, I'd say our problems are relatively speaking far less troublesome than those facing, say, the Steelers, Colts, Giants and about a dozen other teams.

I'm not going to say I thought we'd win, but like you I was calm throughout the game until excitement took over.

With all the crazy blowouts going on and poor lockout-induced performances going on around the league, I'd say our problems are relatively speaking far less troublesome than those facing, say, the Steelers, Colts, Giants and about a dozen other teams.

The Colts looked like a HS team without their golden boy. It's crazy how bad they were.

Don't forget about the Chiefs. I'm sure the fans coming into this season were feeling very high and they got to open against the lowly Bills who can't do anything right. What a turnout that was.

schotty is awful and the slow starts are utterly and completely on him. we will never win a championship unless he leaves or he learns how to get the team to start faster.

Part of it is Sanchez finding his rhythm. Sanchez really got into a groove with the no huddle later in the game but I agree something needs to change about the way we start the games. All too often were start on the loosing end and have to make up ground.

Wheres the button to press when you want to kiss a poster on the lips? LOL Nice thread Jimmy.

Thanks Crush-look I'm not blind and I could have picked out a dozen thing we did wrong or should be able to do better. All I'm saying is we got the win-we SHOULD have lost that game...and you can look back on a season and say "if we'd only won this or that game" well this is one that we won't have to be saying that about. I'm happy as hell

Thanks Crush-look I'm not blind and I could have picked out a dozen thing we did wrong or should be able to do better. All I'm saying is we got the win-we SHOULD have lost that game...and you can look back on a season and say "if we'd only won this or that game" well this is one that we won't have to be saying that about. I'm happy as hell

Yup....

How many times under guys like Coslet. Kottite, Herm and Mangini did the Jets blow games in which they were ahead by 10 or more ? The Jets for years have been the classic team that was always able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. That is why alot of us are so jaded.

Yeah they still have that loss that makes you want to go out do violent things but seeing what they did last year against Denver, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston and now last night the Jets are becoming the Cardiac Kids.

This is true but also keep in mind that we played against one of the league's best pass rushes, now coached by a Ryan, which can hide a number of deficiencies in the secondary.

Sanchez was running for his life for a good part of the night.

Some teams find ways to lose (insert Cowboys joke here) and others find ways to win...the Jets are my team...we have flaws but I love this team. Throw some props to Westoff for the design and McKnight for the execution of the blocked punt...can't say it enough...love my team...especially livin down here...deep in the heart of Texas...lol.

BTW...sport stations on radio down here jumped the shark...some even calling for Kitna...too damm funny! :)

schotty is awful and the slow starts are utterly and completely on him. we will never win a championship unless he leaves or he learns how to get the team to start faster.

Yeah, I'm almost glad we lost the toss. It leaves us more time to catch up *after* we spot them a td or 2.

Archived