This Was A Great Win

SoFlaJets

Thanks Crush-look I'm not blind and I could have picked out a dozen thing we did wrong or should be able to do better. All I'm saying is we got the win-we SHOULD have lost that game...and you can look back on a season and say "if we'd only won this or that game" well this is one that we won't have to be saying that about. I'm happy as hell

Definitely. I was just talking to my brothers about last nights game and we all said the same thing. Yes, the Jets looked like sh*t but this team under Rex is different. We win games we have no business winning. Growing up a Jets fan, that never happened.

You knew at half time in game like that it was wayyyy over. Not with Rex and comp...we're always still in it. Its really a great thing and such a drastic change from the SOJ.

OP I think Eric Smith is a good football player. What surprised me was why we didnt have a CB on Whitten like we did to the Pats in the playoffs last year. Also keep in mind the Cowboys are an explosive offense and Romo is hard to contain until he decides to throw at Revis with the game on the line LOL . Smith vs Whitten = Mismatch actully Whitten vs anyone = mismatch :)

Smith makes us one of the worst team in the league at defending the TE position. Not sure it prove-able through a published article, but as you know I play a lot of fantasy football... last season, I had multiple teams that lost Jermichael Finley and ended up using some TE's based on matchup play. Something I often do with defenses, and the Jets when Leonard was out, were one of the matchups I exploited the hell out of - we couldn't stop any TE's and the ones as talented at Witten went off and then some.

I think the Bills and the Broncos were the other two teams I always would play a scrub TE against, and it always worked.

I get where you are coming from, but the reality is this... Eric Smith and Dwight Lowery have been holes in this defense going all the way back to Mangini. We got rid of half the problem, but still need to dump Smith as smart as he may be, he sucks.

Smith makes us one of the worst team in the league at defending the TE position. Not sure it prove-able through a published article, but as you know I play a lot of fantasy football... last season, I had multiple teams that lost Jermichael Finley and ended up using some TE's based on matchup play. Something I often do with defenses, and the Jets when Leonard was out, were one of the matchups I exploited the hell out of - we couldn't stop any TE's and the ones as talented at Witten went off and then some.

I think the Bills and the Broncos were the other two teams I always would play a scrub TE against, and it always worked.

I get where you are coming from, but the reality is this... Eric Smith and Dwight Lowery have been holes in this defense going all the way back to Mangini. We got rid of half the problem, but still need to dump Smith as smart as he may be, he sucks.

Oh yeah I agree but if you remember in the playoffs vs NE we had to deal with the 2 headed monster in with Gronkowski and Hernandez and we shut them down. So I figured they would use the same game plan vs Whitten and I sat Whitten and played Gonzalez it cost me 4 points not a tremendous loss but still I was expecting the Jets to roll a CB on Whitten for most of the game and they did not at least I dont think they did. I would have to watch the game again to see what type of coverage Whitten Drew and if Romo just stayed away until he saw the safety matchup.

Also when it comes to Smith I was expecting to see les of him in coverage this year and more blitzing and run support. Obviously the Jets have no issues leaving their CB's to deal with WR's with little or no safety help. Did you happen to notice if Strickland had Whitten on occasion ?

Also you mentioned the Bills I watched a good portion of that game and they were flying all over the field they are slowly becoming a very good team and I think this may be their year to at least get at or slightly above the .500 mark Fitzpatrick looked awesome a break here and there and they can go 8-8 /9-7. They beat KC in every single facet of the game their DL is scary/

You know what was weird for me about last night ? It was a feeling I have not had with the Jets since 98 . I just had the feeling we were going to win that game and I was very calm through out the game. Its hard to explain but I think you know what I mean. It was kind of the total opposite of what happened last year with the Ravens in week 1 when I had a feeling we were not going to win that game even though it was much closer.

I know. I was confident Romo would screw up. He just took a really long time to do it. I blame us for that.

Schotty needs to stay away from the 2-3 yds sideline patterns on 3 and 1. Those are itching to be taken to the house for six by the oppositions defenses. Those plays make me cringe. Just run Greene behind Conner and get the 1st the old fashioned way.

I thought the difference between the halves was that Sanchez had time to throw, and did not have to run for his life later in the game. In the first quarter, the Cowboys D-line were in his grill constantly. Our O-line looks to be worse than it has been in a couple years. They were not moving people off the ball during the runs and not doing a good job of pass blocking either. Late in the game, Sanchez had more time and was able to get the ball downfield.

Archived