Jets to wear Titan uni's vs. Jags

Morrissey

http://blog.newyorkjets.com/2011/09/13/jets-put-on-their-titans-togs-for-game-vs-jaguars/

Jets Put on Their Titans Togs for Game vs. Jaguars

Posted by Eric Allen on September 13, 2011 – 3:42 pm

The Jets rested their Titans of New York uniforms last season, but they’ll take the classic blue jerseys and gold pants off the hangers for Sunday’s Week 2 matchup against the Jacksonville Jaguars at MetLife Stadium.

The Green & White wore their Titans unis seven times from 2007-09, going 1-1, 2-0 and 2-1 respectively for a 4-1 mark in the blue jersey/gold pants/blue helmet ensemble. The Jets also split a pair of games while wearing white Titans vintage road jerseys back in 2009. In addition to the good record in blue Titans jerseys, the Jets have traditionally piled up the points in the dark unis, averaging 35 points a contest.

Before the franchise changed its name to the Jets, the Titans finished 7-7 in both 1960 and ’61 under head coach Sammy Baugh. That was good for second and then third place in the AFL’s Eastern Division. Their last year, 1962, wasn’t as successful as they dropped to 5-9 in their only campaign with Clyde “Bulldog” Turner at the helm.

Rex Ryan has always been a fan of the Titans gear and is frequently seen here at the facility representing the throwback look. This is scheduled to be the only time the Jets go with their vintage look in 2011 and they’ll do it before the home faithful before embarking on a three-game road swing to Oakland, Baltimore and New England.

Tennessee+Titans+v+New+York+Jets+cAJ6K2ZcEhrl.jpg

Tennessee+Titans+v+New+York+Jets+tK0OIQzsHC0l.jpg

Tennessee+Titans+v+New+York+Jets+_ADg1LY3GcPl.jpg

WTF? Why can't they just try the 80's unis for once? Sure the 80's teams sucked, but the Titans sucked too...

Why?

Because Woody wants to be the #1 team in NY... and Titans are BIGGER than Giants. You don't think the sudden unearthing of this NY Titans stuff came without purpose do you? Woody is heir to one of the largest families of brands ever... he is surrounded with branding professionals... every bit of this move to celebrate the NY Titans is part of a larger, long term branding initiative geared to take back NY from the Giants.

Why?

Because Woody wants to be the #1 team in NY... and Titans are BIGGER than Giants. You don't think the sudden unearthing of this NY Titans stuff came without purpose do you? Woody is heir to one of the largest families of brands ever... he is surrounded with branding professionals... every bit of this move to celebrate the NY Titans is part of a larger, long term branding initiative geared to take back NY from the Giants.

tl;dr

Gross. H8 these things.

The F'ing team has been around 40 years, we cant use throwbacks from the Jets era? I mean, I get it from the sales angle but who is really that interested in wearing a Titans jersey or T-Shirt? My father was actually a fan before they were the Jets and he couldnt care less.

Hate this, but like the support the kelly green 80's unis are getting in this thread. I brought them up a few weeks ago and everybody ripped the idea.

I'd take those over the Titan abominations for 1 game.

As long as they're the green and whites from the EARLY 80's, with the white facemasks and the big TV numbers on the shoulders.

No BLACK.

I'd take those over the Titan abominations for 1 game.

As long as they're the green and whites from the EARLY 80's, with the white facemasks and the big TV numbers on the shoulders.

No BLACK.

agreed.. i used to love the early 80's uniforms..

i guess woody doesn't think they would sell..

agreed.. i used to love the early 80's uniforms..

i guess woody doesn't think they would sell..

Completely disagree. The Titans uniforms are sharp, but the best is the current/classic. I have no problem with them trotting out either the blue Titans or the Sack Exchange Era green from time to time(which I think are awful), but they should ALWAYS keep the current set as their official uniforms.

Gross. H8 these things.

The F'ing team has been around 40 years, we cant use throwbacks from the Jets era? I mean, I get it from the sales angle but who is really that interested in wearing a Titans jersey or T-Shirt? My father was actually a fan before they were the Jets and he couldnt care less.

I bought one for Baby Crusher and it's actually a pretty nice looking jersey. Yet, really not a Jet jersey.

Good deal. I am apparently in the minority on the board, but I like the Titans uniforms. I have the white away Jersey and I am trying to get a blue one. Furthermore, If I am not mistaken we do have a winning record in the Titans unis so it works for me.

While I own a throwback Wesley Walker Jersey, from the 80's, I hope to NEVER see those unis on the fleld agan.........ever.

Love those helmets.

While the Jets uniforms had me scrathiung my head, some of the changes had me thinking ok Nike has offiicially lost its mind.(Raiders)....

The NFL does not need to wear uniforms simliar to the hideous uniforms that some colleges we wearing week one.

Georgia and Boise State come to mind immediately. Nike has Oregon to try that stuff out on. Please leave the NFL alone.

Archived