Jets to wear Titan uni's vs. Jags

Morrissey

For those who would like to see the Jets play in the 80's unis, go to the NYJets site, click on 'Contact us' at the bottom, and let them know you care! If they get enough requests, who knows? It might just happen!

Here's what I wrote to them:

I've been a Jets fan since 1981. Please consider bringing back the Jets uniforms from the 80's as an alternative to the Titans unis for throwback games. It would pay respect to some great players/teams from that era, as well as a "thank you" to the fans from those days!

Suit up in the all white jerseys, all green, white and green mix-match, green pants, the old school Titan throwbacks etc, etc... It doesn't matter come Sundays. The only thing that truly matters, is that our players and coaches play and perform like Jets.

At the end of the day, a loss doesn't feel any better all because we were suited up in all white. They all sting. I'll admit myself, that I'm not a fan of the Titan uniforms, I'd much rather see us playing with the throwback 80's, but come Sunday against the Jaguars? The only thing that'll be on my mind is heading into Oakland with a 2-0 record. Speaking of the Raiders, it seems as if I'll be pulling for these guys during two of our next three weeks. Next week against the Bills and week 4 during the Patriots game.

For all I know, some of our Jets could have an old school, throw back type of mentality. Mark Sanchez, Nick Mangold, Eric Smith and especially Bart Scott all come to mind. These guys all play with grit. Not saying that'll have any effect on our player/team psyche, but if an old school throwback jersey can add some nastiness/meanness during the course of a game... I'm all for it. Hopefully they look at the jerseys and feel like NFL Gladiators out there.

Archived