It's Rex's fault the offense sucks

serphnx

Jets coach Rex Ryan said he intended to run the ball more in Sunday night's win over the Cowboys.

Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan was constantly blitzing, leading to 44 Mark Sanchez pass attempts versus 16 running plays. "I don't want our numbers to ever be like that," Rex said. Look for Shonn Greene to push for something closer to 18 carries against the Jaguars on Sunday

http://www.rotoworld...e=212746&spln=1

Rex still thinks it's 1985. I can't blame Schitty (well, he does still suck) entirely, I place 80% of the blame on Rex for his 1985 offensive philosophy.

Rex would rather run Greene 18 times for 30 yards than have Sanchez pass for 300 yards and win a ******* game on offense.

We will never win an SB with Rex Ryan if he keeps this retarded philosophy. QBs and offense win SBs now. Heck we'll probably never get past the AFCC, there's always a good QB in that game.

Rex/Sanchez relationship is up next on ESPN Cowherd. Should be interesting, allegedly the relationship isn't as good as people think.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah- Im confused by this as well. Ground and pound is fantastic when its working. It wasnt working on Monday. You dont just hand off for the sake of handing off when you're down two scores.

Either Greene and the oline gets their sh*t together or its time to plug a new back in and see what he can do.

Jets coach Rex Ryan said he intended to run the ball more in Sunday night's win over the Cowboys.

Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan was constantly blitzing, leading to 44 Mark Sanchez pass attempts versus 16 running plays. "I don't want our numbers to ever be like that," Rex said. Look for Shonn Greene to push for something closer to 18 carries against the Jaguars on Sunday

Rex still thinks it's 1985. I can't blame Schitty (well, he does still suck) entirely, I place 80% of the blame on Rex for his 1985 offensive philosophy.

Rex would rather run Greene 18 times for 30 yards than have Sanchez pass for 300 yards and win a ******* game on offense.

You really think the offense won the game? Dude, it took a PR block TD return to win. We got the ball back with over 2:30 minutes remaining, couldnt get in FG range, had to punt and got lucky that Romo is an idiot and then they still couldnt move the chains to get closer than 50 yards. The offense produced 2 TD's. Thats it.

Sanchez came out firing and couldnt move the chains. I have no problem with establishing the run instead of putting all on Sanchez who quite frankly, came up short on Sunday Night.

ESPN/Dilfer is mentioning what I've said many times. I've repeatedly stated Sanchez reminds me of Elway (do post searches).

Elway was stuck in a conservative offense with Reeves. Elway looked like trash for 3 quarters and then great in the 4th playing catch up.

Sanchez gets unfairly criticized for being stuck in the dumb Rex Ryan super conservative offense.

There's a reason Buddy, despite defensive genius, was an awful HC. His fat son is probably the same.

We will never win an SB with Rex Ryan if he keeps this retarded philosophy. QBs and offense win SBs now. Heck we'll probably never get past the AFCC, there's always a good QB in that game.

Rex/Sanchez relationship is up next on ESPN Cowherd. Should be interesting, allegedly the relationship isn't as good as people think.

Holy conjecture Batman... pretty sure Rex "intended to run the ball more" as part of the game plan, and also part of the game plan? Not being down by 2 scores.

Amazing that you can extrapolate a simple statement into "never winning a SB". This post is an embarrassment.

Holy conjecture Batman... pretty sure Rex "intended to run the ball more" as part of the game plan, and also part of the game plan? Not being down by 2 scores.

Amazing that you can extrapolate a simple statement into "never winning a SB". This post is an embarrassment.

But he's a two time POTW winner.

If you try to gain yards running, and your attemps prove futile, do you keep running the ball?

The definition of Insanity is when you attempt the same thing over and over and expect different results.

You play to win the game, not to uphold a ground and pound edict.

You adapt or you die.

LL

This is a FAIL post...

Him saying he wants Green to run 18 times is abandoning the pass? lol

Not to mention you have no idea what his motives are there... maybe he want's to make sure the JAGS arent going to come out with their ears pinned back.

What's with the Rex hate?

How did you know what wins a SB? Have you ever rooted for a team that won one? What other teams have done has no bearing on what the Jets do.

How about this:

Shonn Greene is not the back the Jets and Rex probably thought he was. They probably thought he was a hoss + tank combo when he's mostly just sometimes a tank, then he gets injured or generally ineffective.

He'll shut me up as the weather gets cold, but I can't say I've been on the Greene wagon.

Wow. Like are you serious? 1985 mentality? Ground and pound did well for us the last 2 years, where have you been? It IS important to establish the run, however. When the figures are lopsided it can limit opportunity for both running and passing plays. I'm sure that's what Rex was talking about if you didn't quote mine that ONE LINE.

FIRE REX! IT'S ALL HIS FAULT WE MADE THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP IN BACK TO BACK YEARS WITH AN INEXPERIENCED QB! HE LIVES IN 1985 AND WE'RE 1-0! NOOOOOOO!

Oh and for the millionth time it's the QUARTERBACK'S fault, for the most part.

Sanchez must execute better. Personally, he did it better than he usually does, but there's still massive room for growth. I'm optimistic about both him and the offense this year, but my optimism doesn't really change the results.

This has to be a joke. No one can be so boneheaded. Even a tree would have more intelligence than that!

P.S: Mods if that is considered personal attack i will delete it.

This has to be a joke. No one can be so boneheaded. Even a tree would have more intelligence than that!

Actually I take this as giving the benefit of the doubt and a love for trees. I love trees too.

Cojoined_haters.gif

If you try to gain yards running, and your attemps prove futile, do you keep running the ball?

The definition of Insanity is when you attempt the same thing over and over and expect different results.

You adapt or you die.

LL

This is not the definition of insanity. It is a quote from a book and was never meant to be taken as fact.

I think the idea that it is a mistake is silly, but I do blame Rex for a great deal of the "offense sucks" talk. Rex is a defensive run first coach. Eat clock, keep the game close and win. That is what the team does. It's ugly and people blame the offense. When the team gets down they open it up, but he doesn't want to do that. I still don't see where you have to be a "passing team" to win. You have to be able to pass. There is a difference.

ESPN/Dilfer is mentioning what I've said many times. I've repeatedly stated Sanchez reminds me of Elway (do post searches).

Elway was stuck in a conservative offense with Reeves. Elway looked like trash for 3 quarters and then great in the 4th playing catch up.

Sanchez gets unfairly criticized for being stuck in the dumb Rex Ryan super conservative offense.

There's a reason Buddy, despite defensive genius, was an awful HC. His fat son is probably the same.

WTF??? Ok dude. You've lost me here.

So now Rex is an awful HC because he wants to see Greene get more carries.

This might be the worst thread ever. lol

Is that right Cowherd?

You adapt or you die.

LL

What are you talking about? I heard for over a decade that Curtis Martin - and then Thomas Jones - needed 15 carries to get warmed up. We should slavishly give them carries at 2 yards a pop (plus a draw play that goes for 8-10 yards on 3rd & 15), so that we may enjoy the fruits of a single 9 yard carry and another 15 yard carry in garbage-time in the 2nd half, bringing their ypc average up to 4.0 for us all to bow down to.

BTW, and totally unrelated, it's great seeing you back here posting. I see you still have my Fattazero picture in your sig. Forgot all about that until you started making appearances here recently.

My thoughts exactly. It would be one thing if the Jets were running into 9 man fronts on every down just to do it when it wasn't working, but if anything this quote actually says the exact opposite of what is being taken from it. The whole point is that it is not the offense that Ryan normally wants to run, but if necessary, he'll do what needs to be done. Did anyone else notice in Ryan's PC how he stated that he was the only who told Schittbrain about moving into the no-huddle late in the 2nd quarter?

Ideally, he'd love to run the ball all game long and play smothering defense, because he feels that's the best recipe for success, but he knows that's not always going to work and if anything, on Sunday night he proved that no matter how much it might not suit his philosophy, he's willing to do whatever it takes to win the football game, which is exactly what they did. Of course, I'm not sure how much logic we should really expect considering his follow-up post called Rex an awful HC.

...can't be serious.

What are you talking about? I heard for over a decade that Curtis Martin - and then Thomas Jones - needed 15 carries to get warmed up. We should slavishly give them carries at 2 yards a pop (plus a draw play that goes for 8-10 yards on 3rd & 15), so that we may enjoy the fruits of a single 9 yard carry and another 15 yard carry in garbage-time in the 2nd half, bringing their ypc average up to 4.0 for us all to bow down to.

BTW, and totally unrelated, it's great seeing you back here posting. I see you still have my Fattazero picture in your sig. Forgot all about that until you started making appearances here recently.

Good to see you to SE. I loved that sig so i took it! Never changed it. I hate cannizaro and severely dislike Cimini. I understand not being a homer when you write about a team but the opposite is also true...don't be a hater. Tim Reiss who covers the Pats for ESPN is good and we need someone like him covering the Jets for ESPN...maybe move MANISH to ESPN and have him replace that hater Cimini!

LL

This is not the definition of insanity. It is a quote from a book and was never meant to be taken as fact.

BOOM...you got me. I am wounded. so severely...wounded... :sign0102:

just trying to make the point that you can't keep running the RB if he is not being effective...that is how you end up with a ton of 3 and outs.

LL

BOOM...you got me. I am wounded. so severely...wounded... :sign0102:

just trying to make the point that you can't keep running the RB if he is not being effective...that is how you end up with a ton of 3 and outs.

LL

I think I read that the Jets offense had the most three and outs last year but I don't know where to find that information. I'm pretty certain the defense forced the most three and outs, but I don't know where to find that either.

Archived