It's Rex's fault the offense sucks

serphnx

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if what they say is THAT stupid you should be able to demolish his argument in a manner where he feels stupid without you actually having to overtly point on his stupidity. Something like "Your premise is faulty and based on false or misinterpreted data and your conclusion is illogical at best and fallacious at worst. Furthermore, even if your argument weren't based on a faulty premise and logical fallacies. Your argument would still be specious"

I think you gravely underestimate the level of stupidity that sometimes exists on this board. Even unquestionably proving someone wrong around here gets you nowhere close to getting them to actually admit or even realize that they are wrong.

Well, if what they say is THAT stupid you should be able to demolish his argument in a manner where he feels stupid without you actually having to overtly point on his stupidity. Something like "Your premise is faulty and based on false or misinterpreted data and your conclusion is illogical at best and fallacious at worst. Furthermore, even if your argument weren't based on a faulty premise and logical fallacies. Your argument would still be specious"

"Your premise is faulty and based on false or misinterpreted data and your conclusion is illogical at best and fallacious at worst. Furthermore, even if your argument weren't based on a faulty premise and logical fallacies. Your argument would still be specious"

Valid point, but a post such as yours would likely elicit a response such as: "Huh? Now write that in English please."

Pointing out the stupidity in something stupid is more direct.

Another prime example of unprovoked personal attack!

I could respond but then you will end up being reduced to smiley's all over again. Have a nice life!

Huh? I was being serious. Dumb and Dumber was a movie title--I wasn't calling you dumb. It was actually pretty cool that you recognized the potential offensiveness of your post and offered to remove it. But your post was an attack and you recognized it and offered to edit instead of just not attacking.

Personally I could care less. The comparison was that in the movie, Lloyd says something offensive...then says "no offense". Just making a comparison--not trying to hurt anyone's feelings.

Huh? I was being serious. Dumb and Dumber was a movie title--I wasn't calling you dumb. It was actually pretty cool that you recognized the potential offensiveness of your post and offered to remove it. But your post was an attack and you recognized it and offered to edit instead of just not attacking.

Personally I could care less. The comparison was that in the movie, Lloyd says something offensive...then says "no offense". Just making a comparison--not trying to hurt anyone's feelings.

Its ok i am past that.

There was a reason why i did that. If you read the thread you would have known. I assumed you read the entire thread and then responded.

Yeah, but you know how these BG guys are, they just like to see themselves post long, drawn-out things.

True.

You know what would be a cool invention? A post summary tool. You got guys like yourself who can't express themselves in less than 300 words. So you the poster or the reader can press an icon and at the top of the post and then a 2-3 sentence summary appears at the top of the post.

True.

You know what would be a cool invention? A post summary tool. You got guys like yourself who can't express themselves in less than 300 words. So you the poster or the reader can press an icon and at the top of the post and then a 2-3 sentence summary appears at the top of the post.

tl;dr

True.

Freaking sucks we don't have that invention yet.

True.

Really, it's not necesary. Here's a little secret, all of my posts can be broken down as a long, roundabout means of cleverly hiding one simple statement: GFY.

Lemme teach you a secret trick. There's this wheel thing on most mouses and a scroll bar on the right of the web page. If you're too lazy to read a post that is in depth and requires the focus of someone older than 12, simply use these amazing computer features to not read the post. I know this groundbreaking technology is new, but here's another great idea. Don't hit the Reply button. In fact, if you click a post you aren't interested in, hit the backspace key and it instantly goes back to the previous page. You don't even have to respond telling the person that he's dumb for writing too much. I mean seriously, that's like saying somebody is fat when they weigh 120 pounds. "You're so stupid, you describe things in depth and write a lot!!! YEA! That'll show him!"

Lemme teach you a secret trick. There's this wheel thing on most mouses and a scroll bar on the right of the web page. If you're too lazy to read a post that is in depth and requires the focus of someone older than 12, simply use these amazing computer features to not read the post. I know this groundbreaking technology is new, but here's another great idea. Don't hit the Reply button. In fact, if you click a post you aren't interested in, hit the backspace key and it instantly goes back to the previous page. Amazing stuff, I know.

But you left out the option of posting "tl;dr".

my thoughts on long posts are many and varied. There are several trains of thought ranging from those that prefer smilies and the letters L and O, immediately followed by another L, to those that prefer to use graphs charts and quotes from years past. Between these two schools are numerous others, which i will break down into categories and subcatories and finally, divisions of subcategories each differentiated by style, content and cumulative value to respective postive/negative reactions, ie: are longer posts generally more negative/ positve/ indiffernt or simplay evaluative? I will formulate a hypothesis on post length and how it correlates to positive rep, replies, and quotations and how those quotations treat the information in aforementioned "lenghty posts" ie: are they cherry picking individual bits of such posts while ignoring the overall message, or are they reacting to the post in toto, overlooking minor points of contention for a more valuable "theoretical contention" in such instances where the Lengthy post is regarded as insufficiently substantiated. Or, as in the case of some posters, is the post itself immediately dismissed with a reply of "too Long To Read" (abbreviated, of course) or scrolled over without regard entirely. Please tune in later as I approach this discussion covering over 137 bullet points and variatiions on said points which will, upon conclusion support the hypothesis, I believe, that real men prefer smilies. Until then...enjoy your posting. SLM

The fact that these pussies consider "you are dumb" a personal attack is pathetic. The fact they split hairs and try to lawyer it up to prove it's a personal attack makes them worthy of a full powershot to the gonadal region.

Archived