Revised Yankees Magic Number Thread

Bob

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umps cost them the game. That Ortiz shot was a homer. Need more replay in baseball. That's for sure.

And Sally. The only epic collapse ever was in 04.

In Carl's world, a four game failure is greater than a 14 game failure. Sux '78 was the biggest collapse in the history of sports.

Honestly, I'm kind of torn about the wildcard. I'd like to see the Yankees strategically rest some players against the Rays just so the destiny bound best team in baseball misses the playoffs. As a practical matter, however, I don't want to deal with Tampa's rotation in the playoffs. Better to have the Sux limp in.

I see. So, baseball started when Carl was born. That explains a few things.

Not what I meant bob. I didn't see it happen or live through it so I have no real feel for what that was like. Therefore, what's happening now seems small potatoes compared to what happened in 2004. Does that make sense? In your world?

Honestly, I'm kind of torn about the wildcard. I'd like to see the Yankees strategically rest some players against the Rays just so the destiny bound best team in baseball misses the playoffs. As a practical matter, however, I don't want to deal with Tampa's rotation in the playoffs. Better to have the Sux limp in.

I agree Bob,,,I suspect when all is said and done, we'll help the Sawx get in

I mean they're 3-12 lately, and I just don't think things will get any better. We'll at least split with the Rays, all while the Sawx will prolly lose 5 of 7 to the O's

In Bobs world Carl was alive in 1978. Oh wait. No I wasn't. And yes the yanks choke was the biggest ever.

See this is what happens when you root for Boston teams, your brain turns to mush.

Yankee fans really don't care if you refer to 2004 as a Yankees choke. It completely demeans what the Red Sox accomplished and assigns credit for their success to the Yankees. The Red Sox sucked so bad for so long they needed the Yankees to fall apart in order to finally win.

So call it a choke, collapse or whatever derogatory comment you like. If the Yankees did the same to the Red Sox, we'd consider it the greatest comeback of all time, kind of like 1978 when the Yankees came back from 15 games in the middle of August to win the AL East. :Nuts: Bucky Dent bitch! Oh, you weren't alive then? Aaron Boone mother****er!

In Carl's world, a four game failure is greater than a 14 game failure. Sux '78 was the biggest collapse in the history of sports.

While the Sox collapse in 78 is epic, the Yanks comeback or Sox collapse was over a half of the season.

The Yankees collapse, was far more epic. You led the series 3-0. You led the game 4-3 with only 3 outs to go and the G.O.A.T. coming into close and lost. Only to follow that with another lead 24 hours later with only 6 outs to close the series.

Even if the Sox choke their 9 game September lead away, choking in the playoffs is far worse than anything in the playoffs. It always has been.

Archived