The Sanchez-Hene-Fitz watch

dolphann4life

When I recently surveyed our AFC East community, I was surprised the amount of times Mark Sanchez versus Chad Henne came up. It's clear there is unfinished business with this debate.

Buffalo Bills fans also mentioned their guy -- Ryan Fitzpatrick -- deserves consideration. So I put some thought into how to finally settle who is the second-best quarterback in the division.

Introducing the "Sanchez-Henne-Fitz Watch." Each week, the AFC East blog will keep an updated scorecard on the three quarterbacks, grade each performance on a variety of factors, and determine who's better at the end of the season.

Here is the first installment:

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Result: W, 41-7 vs. Chiefs

Stats: 17 of 25, 208 yards, four TDs

QBR: 91.2

Analysis: Fitzpatrick had the best QBR in the NFL in Week 1. He was extremely efficient and led Buffalo to a 34-point victory on the road. I was impressed with was the Bills' efficiency on third down (50 percent). Although he didn't throw for many yards, Fitzpatrick had 13 completions for first downs against Kansas City. It's a lot easier to win games when the offense stays on the field and keeps the chains moving.

Walker's grade: A-

Mark Sanchez

Result: W, 27-24 vs. Cowboys

Stats: 26 of 44, 335 yards, two TDs, one INT

QBR: 17.6

Analysis: Sanchez's QBR is misleading. He made some mistakes -- which weighs heavily here -- but Sanchez also made a lot of plays down the field. New York's offense would not have moved the ball if not for Sanchez's arm. The running game sputtered against Dallas. I consider throwing for 335 yards and two touchdowns a pretty good game. Sanchez just needs to eliminate big turnovers in key moments.

Walker's Grade: B

Chad Henne

Result: L, 38-24 vs. Patriots

Stats: 30 of 49, 416 yards, two TDs, one INT

QBR: 70.7

Analysis: Henne had a career-best performance in a loss to the New England Patriots. He led the Dolphins in passing (416) and rushing (59) yards. Henne accounted for three touchdowns total and did a good job of moving Miami's offense. The Dolphins can win some games this year if Henne plays at this level. I thought he was poised and in control. Henne is off to a good start in 2011.

Walker's Grade: A-

This week's winners: Chad Henne and Ryan Fitzpatrick (three points)

Third place: Mark Sanchez (one point)

Overall standings

1 (tie). Henne (three points)

1 (tie). Fitzpatrick (three points)

3. Sanchez (one point)

Henne and Fitzpatrick take an early lead in the "Sanchez-Henne-Fitz Watch." But it's a long, 16-game season to determine the AFC East's No. 2 quarterback. We will have an updated scorecard after Week 2.

I cant believe I just wasted time reading that. This is how qb's should be judged; did your team win or not? That's it.If the answer is yes more than it is no and you contributed to the wins, then you are good. All this other stuff with espn and those stupid ratings, who the hell cares?

We (Jet fans) did this all the time with Pennington v. Brady, guess what Brady won. He has three trophies to prove it. Now the phin fans want to compare their qb to ours all the time. Your qb played well the other night and LOST, ours played ok and WON, see the difference? I like winning and my qb has a tendency to win.

Overall standings

1. (tie) Sanchez 1-0 (one point)

1. (tie) Fitzpatrick 1-0 (one point)

3. Henne 0-1 (no points)

You forgot to add Sanchez's infinite points against these 2 clowns with his 4 road playoff wins thats all I need to know. This watch is attrocious and should not be followed by any Jets fan, I don't care how inconsistent Mark is and how mad and frustrated I get with him, all I need to know is that in 2 professional years he has lead his team to 2 AFC championship games, and he was the reason they were even in those games that they lost, other parts of the team broke down, and in the 2nd won he just ran out of game or he would have won it.

End discussion please

I cant believe I just wasted time reading that. This is how qb's should be judged; did your team win or not? That's it.If the answer is yes more than it is no and you contributed to the wins, then you are good. All this other stuff with espn and those stupid ratings, who the hell cares?

We (Jet fans) did this all the time with Pennington v. Brady, guess what Brady won. He has three trophies to prove it. Now the phin fans want to compare their qb to ours all the time. Your qb played well the other night and LOST, ours played ok and WON, see the difference? I like winning and my qb has a tendency to win.

But just think if your team had the better quarterback. Maybe you would've won one of those guaranteed Super Bowls.

Definitely. That is absolute fact which you can prove based on win % and success in the playoffs.

If wins and losses were base solely on the performance of the quarterback, then you'd have something. But it is something I've seen with my own two eyes and if you don't think Henne was better than Sanchez in week 1, then you're just a ******* moron.

Also' date=' how bout the elite Miami defense and the best CB tandem in the league?[/quote']

Cramping and getting toasted.

And while we're on the subject of changing the subject; how's that awesome #2 corner of YOURS doing? Still getting roasted by Dez Bryant?

If wins and losses were base solely on the performance of the quarterback, then you'd have something. But it is something I've seen with my own two eyes and if you don't think Henne was better than Sanchez in week 1, then you're just a ******* moron.

Cramping and getting toasted.

And while we're on the subject of changing the subject; how's that awesome #2 corner of YOURS doing? Still getting roasted by Dez Bryant?

No, I'm agreeing with you. I think Henne is the best QB in the AFCE from a skill set standpoint. Him being a loser isnt his fault. Right now, if I look around the league I see it likes this, Rodgers, Bress, Henne, Brady.

And Cro is doing alright. He's happy his team is 1-0.

No, I'm agreeing with you. I think Henne is the best QB in the AFCE from a skill set standpoint. Him being a loser isnt his fault. Right now, if I look around the league I see it likes this, Rodgers, Bress, Henne, Brady.

And Cro is doing alright. He's happy his team is 1-0.

Was he happy that Revis had to bail him out? Or was it Dez's cramps? Nope, it was just Cro getting toasted by every option the Cowboys threw at him. Admit that the Cowboys exposed some huge holes on the Jets roster and the Jets had no business winning that game.

Was he happy that Revis had to bail him out? Or was it Dez's cramps? Nope, it was just Cro getting toasted by every option the Cowboys threw at him. Admit that the Cowboys exposed some huge holes on the Jets roster and the Jets had no business winning that game.

Did you watch the game? Bryant had 3 catches for 71 yards. 46 of them coming on 1 play. For some dumb reason, they had Bryan Thomas guarding him at the LOS in the slot on that particular play and obviously Bryant won that battle. He then had that spectacular back shoulder catch on the same drive - that was vs. Cro. - pretty much undefendable. His final catch of the day was the first time he was matched up against Revis. So your assesment is actually 100% wrong. He had 1 catch on Cro, just happened to be a TD. lol.

Miles Austin had 5 catches for 90 yards. 1 on Revis, 2 on Cro - 1 of them being the TD grab that if Cro had his hands in a better position would have been a INT. The other 2 were on LB'ers covering him on short crossing routes. And then Witten killed our safeties.

The Jets win a lot of games they have no business winning. You know what kind of teams do that? Good teams. Good teams win games they have no business winning.

Watch some tape and get back to me when you want to really test my knowledge again. This is too easy.

Exposed? Who didn't know that Cromartie can get beat? Or that the Jets have a tough time covering tight ends? These are not exactly new developments.

Here's a crazy concept that you might not recognize: The Jets defense made some stops when it counted. Unlike certain other AFCE teams that have supposedly elite defenses.

If wins and losses were base solely on the performance of the quarterback, then you'd have something. But it is something I've seen with my own two eyes and if you don't think Henne was better than Sanchez in week 1, then you're just a ******* moron

Dallas defense (even with banged up secondary) >>>>>>> New England defense.

What are you going to do, beat him up if he doesn't?

Your defense gave up a 99-yard touchdown to a white guy! Stop worrying about the Jets and start worrying about the Texans. You guys couldn't cover two older than dirt wideouts and some little white guys in the slot. Can you imagine what Andre Johnson is about to do to your defense?

The Jets will get around to beating the living crap out of the Dolphins in due time.

Haha!

You guys got the 'Boys on Thanksgiving. It's gonna be fun watching the best CB tandem in the NFL that day.

Archived