AFC games to focus on tomorrow. Some predictions as well.

JetsFanFromQueens

After losing two AFC Championship Games on the road over the past two seasons, I won't be satisfied, heading into the playoffs, with anything other than a 1st round bye this season. The Jets will always be my #1 focus on game-day, but as a football fan, I can't help but focus on other teams as well.

1:00 games:

Jets vs Jaguars: Obviously the most important game of the weekend. We should improve to 2-0. Jets win.

Ravens @ Titans: Not much to talk about here. Unless Chris Johnson runs wild, I can't picture the Titans doing anything against the Ravens. Granted it was only week one of the season, but I can't remember the last time I've seen a team destroy the Steelers, in the same types of ways that Baltimore steamrolled over Pittsburgh last week. Ravens win.

Steelers vs Seahawks: Both teams are 0-1, but it's no secret that the Steelers are the much better football team when compared to most teams and especially the Seahawks. If the Jets can start off 2-0, while the Steelers start off 0-2... I believe that'll become safe to say that the Steelers aren't catching the Jets this season. I can't picture a team as good as the Steelers starting off 0-2, but who knows, maybe they'll feel a SB hangover throughout the course of the season. Steelers win.

In my eyes, these are the most important 1:00 games, true AFC contenders, but we also have AFC games such as the...

Bills vs Raiders: I can't consider either the Bills or Raiders as being threats to the Jets, but since the Bills are in the AFC East and both teams are 1-0... I'll include this game, as a game that I'll focus on. Reality hits the Bills tomorrow and the Raiders win.

Bengals @ Broncos: Just like the Bills and Raiders... I can't believe in the Bengals, but then again, they made the playoffs back in 2009. Bengals win.

4:00 games:

Patriots vs Chargers: As long as the Jets can take care of the Jaguars early on, this will become a game that I'll become extremely amped up for. Last week the Chargers beat a very good Vikings team, Rivers went off for 335 yards with 2 TD's/2 INT's. Gates was great, as always, with 8 catches for 74 yards. I just feel the Chargers have one too many offensive weapons for NE's defense to deal with in Philip Rivers, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd and even Ryan Mathews is a true talent, but then again... Tom Brady and the Patriots offense was on fire down in south beach. Brady was a machine, Welker looks explosive, and both TE's in Gronk and Hernandez look deadly. I'd like to think that the Chargers 3-4 defense is much better than the defense of the Dolphins though. I'm still going with the Patriots. Patriots win.

Dolphins vs Texans: This is a win-win type of situation for Jet fans. If the Dolphins win, the Texans fall to 1-1. Now that the Colts have fallen off the face of the earth without Peyton Manning, you'd have to figure that the Texans have became the team to beat out of the AFC South. If the Texans win, the Dolphins fall to 0-2 with pretty much no hope to make the playoffs. Texans win.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dolphins vs Texans: This is a win-win type of situation for Jet fans. If the Dolphins win, the Texans fall to 1-1. Now that the Colts have fallen off the face of the earth without Peyton Manning, you'd have to figure that the Texans have became the team to beat out of the AFC South. If the Texans win, the Dolphins fall to 0-2 with pretty much no hope to make the playoffs. Texans win.

a littel too early to say the dolphins would have no hope of making the play-offs. never know what's gonna happen.....

a littel too early to say the dolphins would have no hope of making the play-offs. never know what's gonna happen.....

If the Texans beat the Dolphins tomorrow, in my eyes, the Dolphins are all but done. Now, after only two games, obviously they wouldn't become mathematically eliminated, but I've always been a true believer in the history of the NFL.

Since 1990, only about 10 percent of the 160 teams that have started off the season 0-2 has made the playoffs. Since the NFL adopted the 16-game schedule back in 1978, only 26 teams with 0-2 records have made the playoffs. The odds would be stacked against the Dolphins, who aren't a very good football team to begin with.

Now, say the Dolphins do start off 0-2... Week 3 against the Browns, on the road, in Cleveland... Would become a must win for ANY hope at the playoffs for Miami. The 1992 Chargers, 1998 Bills and 1998 Lions have been the only 0-3 teams that later on advanced to the playoffs.

But yeah, if the Dolphins blow it tomorrow? They're done.

I agree with your thoughts on who's going to win, but disagree with anything definitive being settled this week. The jets have been 9-3 and not made the playoffs. I'm going to relax a smidge. Well... I'm going to try to. My mariage depends on it. :D

like the post, im hoping the chargers pull it off against the pats, Tommy boy wont be throwing into a miami defense this time..

Yeah, but I'm not sure if the Chargers defense has enough fire power to slow down Brady and the Patriots. One thing is for sure, Brady dropped back almost 50 times last week, and only got sacked one time. That was a horrid pass rush we seen out of the Dolphins, Brady had all the time in the world to connect with his WR's/TE's. I see the Patriots winning, but the Chargers will make it a game. I love the addition of Bob Sanders on the Chargers defensive side of the ball, he's also 100% healthy too, but the Chargers defense does have some holes. Larry English is inactive, I'm still not sure if they've replaced Shawne Merriman opposite of Shaun Phillips (I'm pretty sure Travis LaBoy isn't the answer) and worst of all... Luis Castillo, one hell of a 3-4 defensive end, is out for tomorrow's game after having surgery to repair his fractured tibia on Monday. Jamal Williams was also one hell of a NT, the loss of Williams last offseason has really hurt this Chargers defensive line. The more I think about it, the more I feel the Chargers defense will struggle against this Patriots offense. But then again, this Chargers offense is explosive, if this SD defense can find a way to hold it's own, I wouldn't be shocked to see Rivers and the Chargers put up 31+. It's all up to Chargers defense though...

All in all, as long as the Jets win tomorrow, it'll make for a good week of football. Now, if the Patriots, Ravens or Steelers lose... You'd have to consider that an outstanding week of Jets football. No matter what, if the Jets win tomorrow, I'm pretty sure our entire fan base will be fired up heading into that Patriots-Chargers game @ 4:15!

Well, I went 4-3 with last weeks AFC predictions; not very good. But then again, not many people had the Ravens losing to the Titans. I'm glad I was wrong on that game though. Bills and Raiders / Broncos and Bengals? Those games were toss-up's, I got them both wrong.

It wasn't great to see the Patriots win, but it's nice to know that both the Ravens and Chargers lost last Sunday.

This week, we have some great games to focus in on.

1:00 games:

Patriots @ Bills: This is the game I'll be watching @ 1:00. With the Patriots having to play on the road, this could end up becoming a very good game. I see the Patriots winning this game, but then again, I'll be pulling for the Bills, in the same types of ways that I pull for the Jets. I can't wait for this game. Heading into the Jets-Raiders game @ 4:05, I'd be on cloud 9 with a Patriots loss to the Bills. Either way, as long as the Jets take care of the Raiders, it's a win-win situation for gang-green, for the simple fact... One of these teams are dropping to 2-1. Patriots win.

Texans @ Saints: I'll keep track of this game as I watch the Patriots/Bills game. The Texans, as we all know, are the only undefeated team outside of the AFC East. With the Colts being done for the season, the Texans have emerged as the AFC South 'team to beat' by default. On the road, inside of the dome, I can't see them sticking with New Orleans. Saints win.

4:00 games:

Jets @ Raiders: This is the only game that truly matters. With or without Nick Mangold, I can't picture this game being close. Jets win.

Chiefs @ Chargers: The Chiefs may be 0-2, but hopefully this is a team that can beat the Chargers without Jamaal Charles. I'd love for the 1-1 Chargers to drop down to 1-2 on the year. I can't see it happening though, not in SD. Chargers win.

Ravens @ Rams: The Rams are 0-2, but then again, the Ravens are only 1-1 and lost to a pretty bad Titans team last Sunday. With the Ravens having to play on the road, after a tough loss last week, I'd say it's possible for a Rams upset. Ravens win.

Late Night (8:20) Game:

Steelers @ Colts: I'll pull for the Colts like never before, but without #18 under center, I can't imagine the Steelers falling to 1-2 on the year. Pittsburgh looked very good last week, beating the Seahawks by the score of 24-0. Steelers win.

Hopefully I'm wrong on most of these games, and the Bills beat the Patriots, the Chiefs shock the Chargers, the Ravens blow it against the Rams and the Colts murder the Steelers etc, etc (If only it were a perfect world). Go Jets!

Pats are rolling right now on offense- can not see bills that improved to stop them. Want to see Texans in their first real test how they stack up. Saints and Pats will win

Yes, but the Patriots are hurting right now. Look @ that injury report. They're without two key offensive players in Aaron Hernandez, their most dynamic player on the offensive side of the ball and Sebastian Vollmer, one hell of an offensive tackle.

And how the hell can NE stop this Buffalo rushing attack? Mike Wright, starting DE, is out. To make it worse? Albert Haynesworth may not play at all, he's listed as being questionable and hasn't practiced this week. Their defensive line is awful without those two men. Good luck stopping Fred Jackson, who leads the league in rushing after two weeks.

I still see the Patriots winning, but this game could become outstanding. Lets go BILLS!

The Bills are not going to win ffs.

The Patriots may be overall favorites, I have them winning as well, but to say the Bills have "no chance" is foolish. In case you missed the memo, the Patriots went 2-6 on the road back in 2009. They were outstanding on the road last year, and 1-0 during road games this year, but they're banged up right now, on the road in Buffalo, against a Bills team with plenty of momentum.

The Patriots may be overall favorites, I have them winning as well, but to say the Bills have "no chance" is foolish. In case you missed the memo, the Patriots went 2-6 on the road back in 2009. They were outstanding on the road last year, and 1-0 during road games this year, but they're banged up right now, on the road in Buffalo, against a Bills team with plenty of momentum.

The Bills have no chance. None. Zip.

Archived