****The Official Gameday Thread: New York Jets vs. Jacksonville Jaguars****

JetsFanFromQueens

Totally. We dominated the Luke McCown led Jaguars offense without their best weapon.

We've definitely arrived.

I guess you've missed the memo letting the league know that the Jets finished with the #1 defense back in 2009. I guess you missed last season, where we finished with a top 5 defense. I guess you missed the game, last week, where Luke McCown looked sharp against the Titans defense. You're acting as if today was the "first time" we've seen a Jets defense DOMINATE under Rex Ryan.

Cut it out with this "show me more" BS type of mentality. The Jets defense is GREAT and today just goes to show how special our defensive unit has truly become.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess you've missed the memo letting the league know that the Jets finished with the #1 defense back in 2009. I guess you missed last season, where we finished with a top 5 defense. I guess you missed the game, last week, where Luke McCown looked sharp against the Titans defense. You're acting as if today was the "first time" we've seen a Jets defense DOMINATE under Rex Ryan.

Cut it out with this "show me more" BS type of mentality. The Jets defense is GREAT and today just goes to show how special our defensive unit has truly become.

The Jets defense played well today. Against a weak opponent. Last week they didn't play well. Either way, your mindless proclamations based on this game are a little absurd.

On a side note, have you ever heard the expression "shallow brooks are noisy"?

Insert Herm's letter here.

Totally. We dominated the Luke McCown led Jaguars offense without their best weapon.

We've definitely arrived.

Who needs to "arrive"? The Jets have been here for over 2 yrs as a SB contender. There is nothing the Jets need to prove or get style points. All they need to do is keep winning.

Its about time you put your Moral Losses and discounting victories to bed. All that, atters is W & L, something you actually cared about in the Chad era and criticized him for.

Who needs to "arrive"? The Jets have been here for over 2 yrs as a SB contender. There is nothing the Jets need to prove or get style points. All they need to do is keep winning.

Its about time you put your Moral Losses and discounting victories to bed. All that, atters is W & L, something you actually cared about in the Chad era and criticized him for.

Bravo!!!!!!!!! Way to put it!

I was watching the game at a bar. Was there any news on the Mangold injury?

I think the only information so far is that he went to the locker room for X-rays and then came back out. He has been standing up so I'm guessing the only reason he didn't come back into the game was because we just didn't need him so not worth the risk.

No one's calling this a 'moral loss', or anything close to it. Just, not that impressed either. We're 2-0, and it's about to get a hell of a lot harder. If the Jets step up, they'll continue to win. If they play at the same level, they won't. Simple as that.

No one's calling this a 'moral loss', or anything close to it. Just, not that impressed either. We're 2-0, and it's about to get a hell of a lot harder. If the Jets step up, they'll continue to win. If they play at the same level, they won't. Simple as that.

I'm not either, but at the end of the day, they won 32-3...... 32..... to 3. That is pure dominance. You can blame it on the Jags being bad but part of the reason they looked bad was because of us.

Who gives a damn if youre impressed? The Jets, SB contenders, job is to win games. Youre criticizing a team for blowing out a weak team, LOL.

Plus, you make stupid statement that the Lions are better than the Jets.

Some fans have no clue what it means to root for a winning team. Newsflash, its not about how you look, its all about if you win.

same

old

jets

fan

go follow the packers

I'm not either, but at the end of the day, they won 32-3...... 32..... to 3. That is pure dominance. You can blame it on the Jags being bad but part of the reason they looked bad was because of us.

Agreed. But, if you look at the post I quoted, it's about how we're now a force to be reckoned with based on this win, which is just as absurd as dismissing the game for the quality of opponent.

Agreed. But, if you look at the post I quoted, it's about how we're now a force to be reckoned with based on this win, which is just as absurd as dismissing the game for the quality of opponent.

Newsflash, the Jets have been a force to be reckoned with for 2 plus years.

The Jets dismissed a weaker opponent.

You also said the Jets D played "well" against a weak opponent. The D let up a 55 yard FG on the day. So in your world, what would be a great performance? Net negative yardage on the day?

Who gives a damn if youre impressed? The Jets, SB contenders, job is to win games. Youre criticizing a team for blowing out a weak team, LOL.

Some fans have no clue what it means to root for a winning team. Newsflash, its not about how you look, its all about if you win.

Exactly.

We dominated the Cowboys during the 2nd half last week, and we continued and carried that dominance over to this Jaguars game. This guy is acting as if the Jets defense hasn't dominated the league during the past two years. He's acting as if this is something new. It's not. He's acting as if we're "only able to perform like this" against the "Jaguars". Pathetic.

We have a GREAT defense, it's just pathetic to see this Jet fan refuse to admit that we have a GREAT defensive unit. It's funny watching fans complain that a blow out happened because of a weaker team.

I mean, do you have anything to support what you're saying, or have you just completely constructed the argument from what you want to argue against. (Oh, let me add) LOL!

I don't know what you've seen this season to demonstrate that the Jets are better than the Lions. Or, are we basing that on last season and what you hope is the case? Lions are playing great football and have a great young QB and an improving defense. I wouldn't want to play them.

I'm not sure you get to decide how others root for a team, only yourself. Maybe you should skip watching the games, and just check the box scores. As for what you said before about what I said during the Pennington Era is actually the opposite. We won plenty of games, but I knew our level of performance wouldn't get us over the hump. Just as we're seeing right now. It's the same argument, just a QB with a different style.

All that matters this week is a win, but if we want to keep winning, against teams that don't start Luke McCown, we'll need to play better. That's how football works. Hey, I just heard, "mark sanchez needs to clean it up" on CBS... How could that be? The Jets won, so everything was perfect.

Newsflash, the Jets have been a force to be reckoned with for 2 plus years.

The Jets dismissed a weaker opponent.

Newsflash, each year new teams make the playoffs.

This year is a new year, and back to back AFC Championship Losses doesn't guarantee us a return to the playoffs, the championship game, or certainly not taking a step forward.

You also said the Jets D played "well" against a weak opponent. The D let up a 55 yard FG on the day. So in your world, what would be a great performance? Net negative yardage on the day?

ahahaha, exactly. He also tried to say that the Lions were forreal... As if the Jets "aren't".

We played "well". I found that pretty damn funny myself.

They played well, they played great, you're arguing semantics now. The D couldn't have done much better, but when you go back to ummm, last week, it wasn't so good. So, I'm not so sure today is a representation of what's going to happen next week, the following week, or the rest of the season. Today was good, and no one is complaining about the D.

I'm not sure you get to decide how others root for a team, only yourself. Maybe you should skip watching the games, and just check the box scores. As for what you said before about what I said during the Pennington Era is actually the opposite. We won plenty of games, but I knew our level of performance wouldn't get us over the hump.

I bet we can rack up a lot of four-touchdown wins when Sanchez throws two picks. This is probably the championship formula, actually.

They played well, they played great, you're arguing semantics now. The D couldn't have done much better, but when you go back to ummm, last week, it wasn't so good. So, I'm not so sure today is a representation of what's going to happen next week, the following week, or the rest of the season. Today was good, and no one is complaining about the D.

The D played lights out. It seemed to me in your post that you were discounting the D becuse it was against a weak opponent. That's why I was calling you out on it, and I'm only referring to today's game.

EY, not going to quote you since you BG it and got long winded.

First, Mark Sanchez has to improve, without question.

Second, when a perennial winning team like the Jets (which the Jets have been in the Rex era), is 2-0 record with a blow out and a come from behind victory against a good team, yeah I base it on pedigree. Plus, a perennial losing team doesnt get a benefit of the doubt after 2-0. Plus they've beat the Chiefs.

Third, Chad won 32 games and lost 29, so he was about a 50/50 QB. So I dont know if your crit was the same because while you said it wasnt good enough to win you were right half the time. Jets win way more games now. So your points hold less water.

The D played lights out. It seemed to me in your post that you were discounting the D becuse it was against a weak opponent. That's why I was calling you out on it, and I'm only referring to today's game.

Not calling out the D. That would be absurd. Opposing the idea that this defensive performance means much as far as the season goes.

I bet we can rack up a lot of four-touchdown wins when Sanchez throws two picks. This is probably the championship formula, actually.

Sanchez has to improve and everyone knows it, including Sanchez and Rex. No is saying its a formula. But that is how good the Jets are.

Archived