The AFC after week two:

JetsFanFromQueens

First and foremost, the Colts losing Peyton Manning early on, became a win for every team fighting for a bye week and or home field advantage throughout. This just makes for one less team, that contending teams out of the AFC have to worry about. As of right now, the AFC is home to only 4 undefeated teams; 3 coming out of the AFC East.

Undefeated teams: 4

1) NY Jets: 2-0. Week 3: @ Raiders.

1) Patriots: 2-0. Week 3: @ Bills.

1) Buffalo: 2-0. Week 3: vs Patriots.

1) Texans: 2-0. Week 3: @ Saints.

The AFC could potentially have only 1-3 undefeated teams after next week. I'm going with the Jets over the Raiders all day. No matter what, either NE or Buffalo is going 3-0. If the Saints can take care of the Texans, inside of the New Orleans dome... The AFC could have only two undefeated teams left. Jets and Patriots would be my early guess.

Teams with 1-1 records: 9

5) Ravens: 1-1. Week 3: @ Rams.

5) Steelers: 1-1. Week 3: @ Colts..

5) Chargers: 1-1. Week 3: vs Chiefs

5) Raiders: 1-1. Week 3: Vs Jets.

5) Broncos: 1-1. Week 3: @ Titans

5) Titans: 1-1. Week 3: vs Broncos.

5) Bengals: 1-1. Week 3: vs 49ers.

5) Browns: 1-1. Week 3: vs Dolphins.

5) Jaguars: 1-1. Week 3: @ Panthers.

I've looked at the Ravens, Steelers and Chargers as being true AFC contenders heading into the season, and I still look at the Ravens, Steelers and Chargers as being serious AFC contenders. As of right now, I'd have to say that all 3 teams emerge as 2-1 heading into week 4, but then again, this is why they play the games.

Teams with 0-2 records: 3 (Only 12% of teams, that have started off 0-2, have ended up making the playoffs. 88% haven't).

13) Dolphins: 0-2. Week 3: @ Browns.

13) Indianapolis: 0-2. Week 3: vs Steelers.

13) KC Chiefs: 0-2. Week 3: @ Chargers.

I'll be pulling hard for the Chiefs and Colts next week, unfortunately, I can't see it happening. But then again, I couldn't picture the Titans beating the Ravens today.

I dream of seeing our Jets earn home field advantage throughout. With all that said, I'd have to consider a Jets victory + Baltimore and SD loses as one hell of an NFL football Sunday.

As Jet fans, we all look at the AFC East as being the Jets, Patriots, Dolphins and Bills. So do I. But I want more than the AFC East this season. I want a bye week and more. During the offseason, heading into the regular season... this is how I ranked the AFC (in no specific order). Jets, Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Chargers and Texans. It's been great watching the Ravens, Steelers and Chargers lose. It's been just as nice watching the Colts crumble thus far through two weeks. Lets take out the Raiders next week, and I'm sure we'll see some AFC teams lose yet again.

First and foremost, the Colts losing Peyton Manning early on, became a win for every team fighting for a bye week and or home field advantage throughout. This just makes for one less team, that contending teams out of the AFC have to worry about. As of right now, the AFC is home to only 4 undefeated teams; 3 coming out of the AFC East.

Undefeated teams: 4

1) NY Jets: 2-0. Week 3: @ Raiders.

1) Patriots: 2-0. Week 3: @ Bills.

1) Buffalo: 2-0. Week 3: vs Patriots.

1) Texans: 2-0. Week 3: @ Saints.

The AFC could potentially have only 1-3 undefeated teams after next week. I'm going with the Jets over the Raiders all day. No matter what, either NE or Buffalo is going 3-0. If the Saints can take care of the Texans, inside of the New Orleans dome... The AFC could have only two undefeated teams left. Jets and Patriots would be my early guess.

Teams with 1-1 records: 9

5) Ravens: 1-1. Week 3: @ Rams.

5) Steelers: 1-1. Week 3: @ Colts..

5) Chargers: 1-1. Week 3: vs Chiefs

5) Raiders: 1-1. Week 3: Vs Jets.

5) Broncos: 1-1. Week 3: @ Titans

5) Titans: 1-1. Week 3: vs Broncos.

5) Bengals: 1-1. Week 3: vs 49ers.

5) Browns: 1-1. Week 3: vs Dolphins.

5) Jaguars: 1-1. Week 3: @ Panthers.

I've looked at the Ravens, Steelers and Chargers as being true AFC contenders heading into the season, and I still look at the Ravens, Steelers and Chargers as being serious AFC contenders. As of right now, I'd have to say that all 3 teams emerge as 2-1 heading into week 4, but then again, this is why they play the games.

Teams with 0-2 records: 3 (Only 12% of teams, that have started off 0-2, have ended up making the playoffs. 88% haven't).

13) Dolphins: 0-2. Week 3: @ Browns.

13) Indianapolis: 0-2. Week 3: vs Steelers.

13) KC Chiefs: 0-2. Week 3: @ Chargers.

I'll be pulling hard for the Chiefs and Colts next week, unfortunately, I can't see it happening. But then again, I couldn't picture the Titans beating the Ravens today.

I dream of seeing our Jets earn home field advantage throughout. With all that said, I'd have to consider a Jets victory + Baltimore and SD loses as one hell of an NFL football Sunday.

As Jet fans, we all look at the AFC East as being the Jets, Patriots, Dolphins and Bills. So do I. But I want more than the AFC East this season. I want a bye week and more. During the offseason, heading into the regular season... this is how I ranked the AFC (in no specific order). Jets, Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Chargers and Texans. It's been great watching the Ravens, Steelers and Chargers lose. It's been just as nice watching the Colts crumble thus far through two weeks. Lets take out the Raiders next week, and I'm sure we'll see some AFC teams lose yet again.

The Jets will blow aside the Raiders, we will be 3-0, The Pats will win a shoot-out with the bills and they will be 3-0. The Saints will take care of the Texans....looking forward in time, our real test comes against the Ravens....and the Pats real test comes when they are 4-0 and we are 4-0....Our defense will take it to them big time and believe me the Pats know it. In the End, there will be one team in the AFC that will be undefeated after 5 games and that will be our New York Jets.....Can't Wait.

I wouldn't just yet say the Jets are going to blow aside the Raiders. The Raiders are putting points on the board and Seymour and Kelly are going cause the Jets O-Line some problems, especially if Mangold is out.

New England's D is a work in progress for the third straight year. They havent' been the same since they let Seymour and Vrabel walk. They built their D-Line specifically IMHO to stop the Jets running game this year. Buffalo will put points on the board but in won't be enough.

I wouldn't just yet say the Jets are going to blow aside the Raiders. The Raiders are putting points on the board and Seymour and Kelly are going cause the Jets O-Line some problems, especially if Mangold is out.

New England's D is a work in progress for the third straight year. They havent' been the same since they let Seymour and Vrabel walk. They built their D-Line specifically IMHO to stop the Jets running game this year. Buffalo will put points on the board but in won't be enough.

The same was said before we were going to play the Jags (trap game this, Jags good defense that..etc..). This game I won't be surprised if, our running game runs for 150 plus...in the end we will be 3-0

The same was said before we were going to play the Jags (trap game this, Jags good defense that..etc..). This game I won't be surprised if, our running game runs for 150 plus...in the end we will be 3-0

I was thinking the same thing as the Bills ran all over them. The Broncos didn't run too well against them in week 1 though.

Archived